Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 09:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,419,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Where do you think the money to magically remedy all of these issues comes from!?!? All the while the Right complains about these issues they are working on slashing the budget for the programs.......double speak much?
These programs have been expanded not slashed. What got slashed were the internal budgets to support the expanded programs.

Go yell at your bosses if you must yell at someone. The same people that are expanding the programs are the same people telling you to make due with less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 09:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,419,094 times
Don't go blaming one party for lack of money to mange your social programs.

Obamacare just expanded medicaid to 133% of poverty level. Did Obamacare account for the additional government workers needed to admin that expanded program ?

I'm neither Repub nor Dem but I can't stand seeing the finger pointing that leaves the finger pointer with a sense of blamelessness in their own mind.

Both sides do it. But I'm using Obamacare specifically because that is a 100% Dem piece of legislation.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:50 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,147,092 times
Quote:
That isn't always the case....but in cases where the parents are being negligent in their handlings of their resources...more social workers and lower case loads and the subsequent increase in ability to monitor the welfare of the child lead to better outcomes. The most desireable outcome in a case where the parents have proven themselves to be ineffective is foster care, without question.
What would be the other cases?

Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Where do you think the money to magically remedy all of these issues comes from!?!? All the while the Right complains about these issues they are working on slashing the budget for the programs.......double speak much?
I said where all the money could come from. It would actually only be a fraction of what we spend on war and give away to Pakistan, Israel, Egypt, etc.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,170,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What would be the other cases?
Injured, single parents that can't work were the biggest ones that we dealt with in my county. They received aid but depending on their prior wages they didn't receive enough to pay their medical bills, pay for shelter (not a lot of government housing in my county), and food.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I said where all the money could come from. It would actually only be a fraction of what we spend on war and give away to Pakistan, Israel, Egypt, etc.
IMO we should stop all foreign aid until we have our situation at home resolved.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Injured, single parents that can't work were the biggest ones that we dealt with in my county. They received aid but depending on their prior wages they didn't receive enough to pay their medical bills, pay for shelter (not a lot of government housing in my county), and food.
Food stamps properly used would indeed cover feeding the family.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
IMO we should stop all foreign aid until we have our situation at home resolved.
You will agree that this is a bi-partisan problem?

Old 02-05-2013, 09:56 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,068,409 times
Quote:
They free up funding to ensure the stability of our food system and for implementation of more social workers in rural/remote areas to work more closely with our most at-risk kids.

I'm curious...how do those amoun(t) to the beginning of the end for the USA?
Answer, They don't....
We have a very stable food prduction and distribution industry, thank you very much.

As far as social programs go, we have way too many already - and they are a big part of the problem, not the solution

If parents can't meet their obligations to their children, then the children need to be removed from that envoronment and put into one where their needs are met - adoption, for example.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Food stamps properly used would indeed cover feeding the family.
Do you know this first hand? Have you experienced it personally? A lot our recipients had families of three or four and received less than $100 in food assistance monthly...and that amount was supposed to be adjusted for their family size. Could you feed a family of 4 on less than 100 dollars a month?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies