Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yep, this was a really stupid thing for this guy to say. About as stupid as these jewels:

"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." Joe Biden

"Don't fear the terrorists. They're mothers and fathers." Rosie ODonnell

"My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize," Congressman Hank Johnson

"African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do." Bill Clinton

"The number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S." Joe Biden - again.

"There is no terrorist threat. Yes, there have been horrific acts of terrorism and, yes, there will be acts of terrorism again. But that doesn't mean that there's some kind of massive terrorist threat." Michael Moore

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate." Marion Barry

"Eight more days and I can start telling the truth again" Sen. Chris Dodd, on the campaign trail.
...and how exactly do these random statements, taken out of context, relate to science and fanatical idiotic religious belief and propaganda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 12:16 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,858 times
It's really too bad there are these types out there because too many people listen to their incorrect statements & that's how you get populations of people who believe utter nonsense & the IQ level just keeps going down & down.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:54 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I knew a woman that was having pain. The md's ended up taking a hunk of hair, piece of bone and a tooth out of one of her ovaries.
that's more due to the fact that she absorbed her "twin" while in the womb.

Vanishing Twin Syndrome : American Pregnancy Association

Old 02-06-2013, 01:07 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
Yep, this was a really stupid thing for this guy to say. About as stupid as these jewels:

"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." Joe Biden

"My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize," Congressman Hank Johnson

"African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do." Bill Clinton

"The number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S." Joe Biden - again.

"There is no terrorist threat. Yes, there have been horrific acts of terrorism and, yes, there will be acts of terrorism again. But that doesn't mean that there's some kind of massive terrorist threat." Michael Moore

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate." Marion Barry

"Eight more days and I can start telling the truth again" Sen. Chris Dodd, on the campaign trail.
I can't stop laughing at the special kind of stupid it takes to come up with these thoughts.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:49 PM

389 posts, read 616,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
ALL birth control methods have failure rates - even sterilization. Life may begin at fertilization, but pregnancy begins at implantation. A fertilized egg that fails to implant for whatever reason will not grow into a fetus, and will not be born. Period. No victims, just biology. And HBC prevents ovulation for almost all women, if they are on the right dosage. Parenthetically, this is why not every woman can take the $9 Walmart birth control; many women need a different formulation.
I need to know more about hormonal birth control. It sounds like the overall goal is to prevent pregnancy, not to prevent creation of life. If I had magic vision and saw my sperm just fertilized an egg in a partner taking HBC, my feeling would be to do everything possible at that point to give life fair chance. I'm kinda freaking it this could have happened. Need support group

Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 PM

389 posts, read 616,777 times
Follow up to my freak out. Seems the rationalization is more zygotes are killed from natural processes than the few if any while on HBC.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:

Instead of responding to each and everyone of these, its easier to say that atleast 2 are jokes take out of context and a couple of the others are one sentence taken out of a 15 minute debate. the biden J-O-B-S one shouldnt even be on this list. It doesnt make your point.

Not even sure why the Clinton quote is here either, are YOU saying black people dont watch the same news as everyone else ? Or are YOU saying that he is saying black people arent ordinary ?

Old 02-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...and how exactly do these random statements, taken out of context, relate to science and fanatical idiotic religious belief and propaganda?
They dont, but when some people dont have an argument, they deflect.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,631 times
Default Wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I knew a woman that was having pain. The md's ended up taking a hunk of hair, piece of bone and a tooth out of one of her ovaries.
Has anyone tried getting in touch with her husband?

Old 02-07-2013, 02:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETI_listener View Post
I need to know more about hormonal birth control. It sounds like the overall goal is to prevent pregnancy, not to prevent creation of life. If I had magic vision and saw my sperm just fertilized an egg in a partner taking HBC, my feeling would be to do everything possible at that point to give life fair chance. I'm kinda freaking it this could have happened. Need support group
Then you need to do your own research.
It's really not that difficult if you look for actual facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies