Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 02:57 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,041,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yeah, nothing like a Middle Eastern or Indian man mowing down a bunch of kids, I am sure the Cons would be standing up and applauding the potentially Muslim man.

These people are crazy. The penalty for stolen candy and vandalism is death? These are minors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 03:26 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiph View Post
Yeah, lets go and judge the whole community off kids and low income blacks.
Kids are merely a reflection of the community, most cultures get that African Americans don't. Also it's middle class Blacks that run to defend lower income Blacks through their voting habits and legitimatization of inner city Black culture. So yes I indict the entire community.

Notice you hardly see lower income Chinese American kids terrorizing shopkeepers via flash mobs.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:32 AM

524 posts, read 400,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm just trying to imagine myself as a kid. I would be afraid to get involved in "mobs" because I would fear getting caught, and then my parents finding out.
The thing about the mobs are that there are so many that no one gets caught or prosecuted, even if assaulting people was occurring. Safety in numbers I suppose, and the longer law enforcement, shop owners, whoever, let's this occur and/or let's themself become a victim, the worse it will get. This behavior has been building momentum over the past few years, now it's occurring on a semi-regular basis in regular cities just to get free snacks from a CVS.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:37 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
The thing about the mobs are that there are so many that no one gets caught or prosecuted, even if assaulting people was occurring. Safety in numbers I suppose, and the longer law enforcement, shop owners, whoever, let's this occur and/or let's themself become a victim, the worse it will get. This behavior has been building momentum over the past few years, now it's occurring on a semi-regular basis in regular cities just to get free snacks from a CVS.
Such behavior will continue as long as there are no consequences. Our politically correct system permits such actions to continue, for fear of accusations of "racism".

I guarantee you that if a few of them were plugged, few others would risk thier lives for a candy bar.

Want criminal behavior? Don't take action against criminals.

Sadly, any action would have to be taken by a private citizen, as the flash mobs, by thier nature, are rapid strikes that would preclude any direct police action, unless they happened to be in the store.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:30 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,766,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You also live in Wyoming, try living in a city of 8+ million people where the chances of something like this happening to you is still slim to none and their is a bodega on every corner.
The chance for it to happen to you is slim. But once it happens to you (God forbids), I bet you will make sure that your voice is heard.

This thing happened alot last year in Philadelphia that Mayor Nutter actually put a curfew for youth of certain age. I am not quite sure what the breakdown is. Something like 13 years old should not be out after 10 PM, etc ...etc... If they were caught meandering around after the hour, the parents will get a fine. This is quite ineffective since most of these delinquents come from broken homes.

Anyway my point is that I know this is a small thing. But this is something that needs not to be taken lightly. We, Philadelphians, saw it way too often last year up to the point that anytime I got home at night and happened to see a group of young male of certain demographics coming my way, I took the liberty to actually cross the street and tried to walk on the other side of the street so that I did not have to meet face to face with them.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
How come all these bored city teens just happen to be Black? I guess White and Asian kids are too busy studying to be bored. Oh well.

When will you ever learn about correlation?

Does carrying an umbrella make it rain?

Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually several of your comments are "accepting" of it.
You called them "no big deal" and "not an issue" and then called them bored teens rather then vandals.

so yeah, it certainly does sound like you accept what's happening in stride.
Yes I agree with HappyTexan. Read my previous comment.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiph View Post
Yeah, lets go and judge the whole community off kids and low income blacks.
Yeah, let's save that attitude for when a small group of d-bags act stupid at a duke frat!

P.S. I agree with you, just pointing out the irony that we have both of these threads going on at the same time and all the partisan idiocy out wagging thier fingers...calling people racist etc.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:48 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Kids are merely a reflection of the community, most cultures get that African Americans don't. Also it's middle class Blacks that run to defend lower income Blacks through their voting habits and legitimatization of inner city Black culture. So yes I indict the entire community.

Notice you hardly see lower income Chinese American kids terrorizing shopkeepers via flash mobs.
I do blame the parents of whoever is flashmobbing. And at this point, the perpetrators need to be caught and punished. Maybe a 100 hours of community service each.

Speaking as someone with a Chinese upbringing, there is no way I ever would have participating in a flashmob as a teen for kicks or necessity. Why? Because that behaviour would have greatly disappointed my parents AND... brought shame to the whole family. Stealing, lying, bullying, terrorizing... all really wrong and bad behaviour. That's just the way I was raised. Now to the media, my parents would have defended me, but once back home, I know that I would have been severely punished, and rightly so.

These kids have zero moral code. And I don't understand the disconnect. The black community is known for being very religious and going to church. So why is it acceptable to steal from others? But maybe it's because blacks feel that society is unfair to them, so it's okay to steal from non-blacks. It's that damn entitlement attitude again.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm just trying to imagine myself as a kid. I would be afraid to get involved in "mobs" because I would fear getting caught, and then my parents finding out.
The problem with these youths is that their parents dont even care. Heck, they might not even have parents!
Like what I said earlier in my other post, Mayor Nutter had already put new curfew in Phialdelphia for youths of certain ages to prevent this. When the teens were caught, their parents had to pay fines.
Then it was found that most of these kids come from dysfunctional family.

Greenmariner, I agree with you. If I were a kid, I would not be involved in any of these mobs, I would be so afraid that my dad would whoop my a** ( I do have a tiger dad not a tiger mom )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies