Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 01:18 PM

73,022 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
They are in/out in a minute or less.
They don't leave calling cards behind.
They don't flash their ID , if they are being taped.
They disburse upon exit.
What do you think it would take to stop such mobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 01:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You also live in Wyoming, try living in a city of 8+ million people where the chances of something like this happening to you is still slim to none and their is a bodega on every corner.
I would surmise that those newsstands that have been hit multiple times in a few weeks may raise the the chances a bit, at least in those locations.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Yes, to those individuals it is a big deal, to the overall issues of the city it is a minor issue.
From the videos showed by the TV station it appears to me that it is a minority issue not a minor one.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
You can try and turn it around but the subtext of your post was crystal clear to any objective reader.
I find it utterly bizarre that you have a thread where a flashmob beats up a bunch of indians operating newstands etc. and when people complain.....you say they are black hating racists.

I suppose you want us to cheer instead? Just not pay attention because it's brown people getting robbed and beaten?

Why isn't the poster over in another thread complaining about black kids on a youth team, a dance competition or spelling bee if race is their primary motivation and not the criminal actions?

I don't care WHAT race a criminal is...before expressing my disgust with them...maybe you will come around eventually.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:31 PM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What do you think it would take to stop such mobs?
Grab a few after the dispersal...get their text records.

Once you ID the ring-leader, put some extra cops on his block for a week and tell all the hustlers there that you are there because of the kid that started the flash mob. They'll beat his arse for drawing extra cops to their turf.

Cops don't have to lay a finger on him, don't have to prove anything or press charges.....and trust me, that stuff will stop after they hear about Ricky and his broken jaw etc.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
From the videos showed by the TV station it appears to me that it is a minority issue not a minor one.
It is more of a bored teen thing than anything else. Just a bunch of city teens with too much free time and little to no supervision. That just comes with the nature of the city.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Well, yeah but the rights of those business people aren't as important as those of those rioting youts. The youts are minority in skin color.
So the rights of people with "minority skin color" (I'll assume that means black since you specifically mentioned black in at least three posts) are more important than the rights of business owners?

Please explain.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:27 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Just a bunch of city teens with too much free time and little to no supervision. That just comes with the nature of the city.
The excuse-making you've been doing in this thread is both disgusting and appalling.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
...and they're most always black. Why is that?

No, there's not a culture problem in Black America. None at all!

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 02-06-2013 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-06-2013, 02:43 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Summary of flash mob activity in recent years:
Violent Flash Mobs

It may be minor to you that honest people are struggling and fighting to make a living and have to close their business early, and it may be minor to you that a guy in his late 70s had his arm broken (both referenced in the original article), but it's not minor to me.
I sympathize with the business owners but what gets me is that the OP is from TX.

The second person to post about NYC "sheeple" is from ID.

Neither of those places are anything like NYC. There are so many people here and so many things going on crime wise that it really is minor...sorry to say but that's the truth. Do you see anyone from NYC posting this? NO...why is that? Because if you were from here you would know that a lot more crap goes on here besides a few newsstands getting looted and that's why NYPD has responded the way it has. I live here and work here and school kids are always acting up...stuff like this has been happening when I was in H.S and long before I was and will continue to happen. It's just that now they want to call it a Flashmob...whatever. I bet cash money the kids who keep messing with the news stand on 57th street are likely from Art &Design H.S located not too far from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies