Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
It seems like during all the talk of gun control and the fiscal cliff no one seems to notice that since he took office oil prices have sky-rocketed. I don't wanna hear about supply and demand or that he can't do anything about it. The US has more oil than the mid-east. I personally think he wants high oil prices because he is an extreme evironmentalist that thinks wind and solar are the way to go, even though its been proven that fossil fuels are more efficient and reliable.
Believe me, I'm not thrilled with the prices at all. It increases all other prices. But tell me, what do you want him to do exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
When you can show Obama controls oil prices, like Bush, and Clinton, and Reagan...then we can.

Where is your thread congratulating him when oil prices go down? Oh yeah, no where. You just find whatever negative you can and blame Obama. It's Obama derrangement syndrome.
When they go down? It's been over two years since the national average price per gallon has been below $3.00/gal.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:09 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Obama controls oil prices?
He put a moratorium on drilling, was sued in federal court over not issuing permits, and reduced oil exploitation on federal lands. So yes, he influences oil prices through restricting supplies of domestic oil.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:10 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,277 times
Quote:
I don't wanna hear about supply and demand
Well, then make something up that fits your narrative.

Obama the Muslim Marxist secretly told the markets to charge more for oil.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,733,024 times
One thing I think that NO politician should do is attempt to drive oil prices down by any sort of government market manipulation, or by loosening environmental protections. We need to develop alternative forms of energy, but progress will be hampered so long as oil prices do not reflect the actual costs (including the environmental costs) of oil. I say it would be irresponsible (in fact, downright immoral) for politicians to drive down the prices of oil just so they can win the next election. We need leaders who are willing to think long-term, not just focus on short-term political gains.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
He put a moratorium on drilling, was sued in federal court over not issuing permits, and reduced oil exploitation on federal lands. So yes, he influences oil prices through restricting supplies of domestic oil.
Fact: Domestic oil production has INCREASED over the past 5 years. So, you can't blame reduced supplies.

Even more production would help, but it's not the cause of a price increase.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Quote:
Oil and gas production are currently at historic highs.

Also, he put a moratorium on gulf drilling at a time we were experiencing the largest oil spill in our history. Please try to stay more informed.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,256 times
Quote:
Oil supply and demand is determined on the global market. Domestic oil supplies are too small to have much of an effect on oil prices globally. Case in point, even though US oil production is higher than it has been in 15 years, the gas prices are still high.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:43 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default Why Hasn't Anyone Held Obama's Foot To the Fire When It Comes To High Oil Prices?

Quote:
It seems like during all the talk of gun control and the fiscal cliff no one seems to notice that since he took office oil prices have sky-rocketed. I don't wanna hear about supply and demand or that he can't do anything about it. The US has more oil than the mid-east. I personally think he wants high oil prices because he is an extreme evironmentalist that thinks wind and solar are the way to go, even though its been proven that fossil fuels are more efficient and reliable.
Keyboards don't start lame threads, people do.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:46 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Did we nationalize our oil supply yet? I figure if we are blaming the president for this, we must of already nationalized it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies