Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 03:09 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

Try buying a catalytic converter for a 1998ish chevy pick-up and find that government motors has no obligation to stock parts beyond 10 years. If they had one they were going for 1.200 to 1,500 dollars. Don't buy an 2000 or later which have dula cats. You in for around 2 grand.
I am sorry to read you were unable to buy a part for a 25 year old car from the original manudfacturer.

I am sorry to read you expected government to mandate the manufacturer of car parts, indefinitely.

I am sorry to read the the price of parts in the secondary market is so high. Maybe government should regulate it, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 03:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
If the cost of oil is too high, then buy a bicyclie.

But please, can these silly arguments about presidents controlling the pump prices come to an end? It's getting old...really.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:13 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Why would you hallucinate that embarrassed me?

I voted for Bush.
Your point?

With the amount of Obama Defense that you employ on this forum, I really could care less if you voted for Moe, Curly, or Larry.

The fact of the matter is that liberals and Democrats, including you, have engaged in a monumental exercise in mental gymnastics and ideological contortionism in your efforts to prop up this President.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:15 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

But please, can these silly arguments about presidents controlling the pump prices come to an end? It's getting old...really.
Were you saying this during the Bush presidency? Something tells me you weren't.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:

We know Obama is for higher fuel costs and smaller cars... Of course Obama wants more bikes on the road. Obama wants us to be a third world country. Maybe one day you will understand Obama's idealogy.It is not forward , it is back to the stone age and unciivilized culture. Progressing to degradation, A godless society with big government ruling us.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:17 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Your point?
My point is that I can hardly be embarrassed by what other people do. Since I never blamed Bush for the gas prices when he was president, I can hardly be accused of hypocrisy for also not blaming Obama for gas prices now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC
With the amount of Obama Defense that you employ on this forum, I really could care less if you voted for Moe, Curly, or Larry.
Hey... you're the one who hallucinated that I was embarrassed. There's really no accounting for what you care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC
The fact of the matter is that Democrats, including you, have engaged in a monumental exercise in mental gymnastics and ideological contortionism in your efforts to prop up this President.
I am not and never have been a Democrat. I wish I could say that I had never been a Republican either... but alas, that would not be true,

Old 02-06-2013, 03:22 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Quote Eddie Vedder a known outspoken democrat leftist about George Bush " with a Texan in the white house gas went from a $1.46 to $4"

Eddie Vedder expresses his thoughts about George Bush @ Bonnaroo 08 - YouTube

Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Obama's asinine policies have weakened the dollar. A weaker dollar causes oil prices to go up.
The dollar has not been weak at all. Where do you get your information?

I suspect this lie is bandied about because people assume inflation increasing higher than wages, or that high gold prices = weak dollar.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Guess you have never heard of oil futures or indexes, eh?
Have you considered the advantages of a weak dollar?
The disadvantages far outweigh the advantages unless you are the government and want to continue spending with no care in the word for the repercussions.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:18 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
It seems like during all the talk of gun control and the fiscal cliff no one seems to notice that since he took office oil prices have sky-rocketed. I don't wanna hear about supply and demand or that he can't do anything about it. The US has more oil than the mid-east. I personally think he wants high oil prices because he is an extreme evironmentalist that thinks wind and solar are the way to go, even though its been proven that fossil fuels are more efficient and reliable.
Izz not hizz fault maan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies