Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
[/b]

Why should anyone be lauded for stupidity? What you are describing as "partial support" is actually a desire to pass useless laws in a knee-jerk reaction. Even Joe Biden, who leads the committee on gun control, was caught on camera stating that new gun control laws would not stop mass shootings or substantially reduce gun deaths.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ntrol-law.html

So, the pro-gun crowd should praise Obama because he wants to infringe on the 2nd Amendment for absolutely no reason? We should consider Obama to be less divisive because he wants to pass even more controversial legislation that won't do what people are being led to believe it will do (e.g. the ACA)? Your logic is escaping me here.
Who said anything about praising Obama?

I just think the "pro-gun crowd" would get further by saying something along the lines of: We are glad to see that President Obama has acknowledged the right of Gun ownership and the legitimate role run guns have played in our society. Instead they are focusing on how often the President goes skeet shooting.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:45 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Because unlike you, we believe in actions not words....and all of his words are lies.

If a picture is worth a thousand words then a picture provided by Obamacare is worth a thousand lies!
Your preaching to your own choir. His action was to demonstrate a legitimate use of Guns in society.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You're just amazing. YOU are the one constantly attributing superhuman powers to Obama and his Administration. What would you do with your life if you didn't have Obama to attack on a daily basis and without Obama to give you that much needed adrenaline rush of fear each day?
I wonder what I would do without Obama. Probably go back to relaxing like I did the first 75 years of my life.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Your preaching to your own choir. His action was to demonstrate a legitimate use of Guns in society.
Oh hell, I won't be able to shoot at anything with my handgun ever again since it is only skeet shooting that is a legitimate use of guns in society.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:46 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
If he really wanted to demonstrate the legitimate use of forearms he'd have used an AT to tale down some bad guys...or prevented a coup...oh wait, he's part of the coup!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies