Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 09:30 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,053,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3783 View Post
No the reason "they don't" is:

A) I am not guilty of felonious possession of 26 xan-bars that don't belong to me
B) I am not a criminal
Laws as written are inconsequential. Either they're morally right or they're not. If they're not morally right, it's your duty to disobey them.

The government can pass a law making it illegal for you to breath. Illegality =/= morality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 PM

61 posts, read 46,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Ahhhh, a cop.
Ahhhh, a toolshed.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Ahhhh, a toolshed.
Be respectful. It's a tiresome life to go on the internet just to insult people.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,902,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
You're thinking of Rivi. He is a showboater and a sociopath. I'm not sure of how much he says is true and how much he says to give him a bigger name. Anyways, I believe those secretaries were paid off to ruin the testimony. In the end Rivi was stabbed (but lived) after Blanco was released.

A kiss of a woman can sometimes be sweet, but the withdrawal painful.
Rivi was the ultimate enforcer, but not even he would cross Griselda Blanca - except for when he almost did.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,921,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You still haven't provided evidence that he is a Cuban-American.
I don't know how this matters or how it came up but....

I suspect that being born in Havana would qualify one as being a Cuban American

Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat Biography - Project Vote Smart

Investiture of Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat | CUBAN AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION

8,560 posts, read 6,383,084 times
Quote:
You're thinking of Rivi. He is a showboater and a sociopath. I'm not sure of how much he says is true and how much he says to give him a bigger name. Anyways, I believe those secretaries were paid off to ruin the testimony. In the end Rivi was stabbed (but lived) after Blanco was released.

A kiss of a woman can sometimes be sweet, but the withdrawal painful.
Rivi! That's right. Maybe the secretaries were paid off, but I tend to think that they were just gullible and stupid. They both lost their jobs, and I'm sure Rivi could not have cared less. If they were paid off, it had to be lots of money because I don't think they would be able to find jobs as secretaries after that. It was news all over Miami. And, yes, in the documentary he came off as a very charming sociopath or psychopath.

29,095 posts, read 25,902,201 times
Quote:
No this guy has been stinking up the place with sputtering, impotent rage against the legal system and advocating nihilistic illegalism. Either he is a troll, a teenage punk rocker from the the mid 1990s with NOFX on repeat, or a disgruntled ex-con.
And you have a very narrow view of the world.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Be respectful. It's a tiresome life to go on the internet just to insult people.
Hahahahah you HAVE to be a troll. "Be respectful"??? PFFFFFHAHAHAHAHA after you champion a drug-addled disrespectful twit for using much harsher language, against a judge, while facing a felony possession charge? BWAHAHAHAHAHAH you are a special kind of troll mahahahahahah

Old 02-06-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
And you have a very narrow view of the world.
Not subscribing to nihilistic illegalism means that I am the one with a narrow worldview?

You trolls are too much....this is fun. I haven't laughed this much in a long time.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Rivi was the ultimate enforcer, but not even he would cross Griselda Blanca - except for when he did.
"Enforcers" are basically soldiers. They kill by order but they can't think to kill without order. That's why he betrayed her when he was in custody-he was being bossed by someone else and she no longer had power. But he didn't think to just shoot her in the head on there many alone moments and take control over her empire. It'd be as easy as pulling the trigger.

That's what separates leaders from soldiers. Leaders pull the trigger on anyone, soldiers just pull the trigger on people instructed to them by leaders. But these distinctions are all in our head. It's be easy even for the lowliest of 'enforces' to kill Mrs Blanco. The only problem was thinking outside the box.

And that's the problem with our society. Too many people think ink on paper written by someone in DC or someone in some city actually matters. Our minds imprison us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies