Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 AM

7,500 posts, read 5,749,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Spare the rod, spoil the child. Coddling liberals are destroying this nation.
Amen rep point for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 07:53 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
No thanks for the cookie, I don't eat sweets. I do realize how difficult it is and am not critisizing, but referring to parents of so called normal kids who let them run amok in public. Childhood is a learning period, kids are programed at a young age and this effects how they will behave or know how to behave in adulthood. Of course peer pressure plays a big role and this is why I instilled in them at an early age to be leaders and not followers, and that it was OK to walk away from friends who were about to cause trouble, afterall what kind of friends get you in trouble.
I can agree with this. Aside from this case though, my issue is the assumption that a misbehaving child is either a brat or has bad parents or both.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:04 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I can agree with this. Aside from this case though, my issue is the assumption that a misbehaving child is either a brat or has bad parents or both.
If the child is that much of a disruption, then why not leave him/her at home, I mean your aren't exactly honing their social skills.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
If the child is that much of a disruption, then why not leave him/her at home, I mean your aren't exactly honing their social skills.
1. Because he isn't a freak to be hidden away from the world
2. He is learning how to behave in public. Slowly, but surely.
3. I don't have the money or desire to hire a nanny.
4. My spouse works 70+ hours per week every single week. I can't sit around waiting for him to watch our child.
5. YDS isn't always "that much of a disruption" and he has just as much right to be at a store as anyone else does.

Try to find some middle ground here on P&OC and it never fails, you get kicked in the teeth for it.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:02 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
1. Because he isn't a freak to be hidden away from the world
2. He is learning how to behave in public. Slowly, but surely.
3. I don't have the money or desire to hire a nanny.
4. My spouse works 70+ hours per week every single week. I can't sit around waiting for him to watch our child.
5. YDS isn't always "that much of a disruption" and he has just as much right to be at a store as anyone else does.

Try to find some middle ground here on P&OC and it never fails, you get kicked in the teeth for it.
I am not critisizing, if he is learning how to behave in public, then all is good. In one of your previous posts you indicated he was incapable of learning this or did not understand. Actually I am very tolerant of kids with mental disabilities, but have to know up front or they will be labled just a bad kid. I realize it is a little different in public.Do you believe these types of kids should be mainstreamed into the public school system? I am not a proponet of it.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:39 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,284 times
Quote:
OMG. I don't think words can accurately describe how I would teach that clerk a lesson for DARING to touch my child let alone beating him with a BELT!? WOW.
If the parents in of that child actually took an active role in raising their child to have a little respect, I suspect that clerk would not have felt the need to discipline that child.

I just love how everyone gets all up in arms at stuff like this when the reason why things like this happen is because this country is full of bad parents who fail their kids in the first place.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:43 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
In some states, it would have been legal for someone to have shot and killed the clerk to stop a felony in progress. There is no way that I would have just stood by and let someone beat a child like this.
Sure you would just stand by.... because real life isn't like being a toughguy behind a computer screen

I applaud the clerk, if you got involved so would I to tell you to mind your own damn business

Got it scro?

Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I am not critisizing, if he is learning how to behave in public, then all is good. In one of your previous posts you indicated he was incapable of learning this or did not understand. Actually I am very tolerant of kids with mental disabilities, but have to know up front or they will be labled just a bad kid. I realize it is a little different in public.Do you believe these types of kids should be mainstreamed into the public school system? I am not a proponet of it.
Yes I do. He is in a mainstream class with an aide and doing wonderfully.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:09 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Kudos to the clerk.

Nobody has seen the spanking video.

Respondents to the story don't seem to have much sympathy for the brat.
Bingo. Sounds like just one more incompetant, coddeling parent. Perhaps if his parents did their job and actually raised kids, the clerk wouldn't have taken this action. I wonder if this is the first discipline the brat has ever seen?

Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
At least she didn't kill him with a drone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies