U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 05:41 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,041,513 times

Advertisements

Why would any business want to stay in that Liberal cesspool of a State with it's anti-business climate...

California Gov. Brown Unhappy with Texas Gov. Perry Over Radio Ad - Yahoo! News
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 05:52 AM

25,626 posts, read 33,737,849 times
I don't know. 8th Largest economy in the world and 15% of the total US GDP maybe a clue.

As much as I can't stand Brown he was not unhappy with the Ad's but the dumb assed reporters asking him stupid questions. I spent more on advertising last year on my small 10 employee company than 24 thousand.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:55 AM

60,119 posts, read 48,577,579 times
Well, anyone who doubts that Texas is Utopia just needs to peruse this list:

50 Sure Signs That Texas Is Actually Utopia

Y'all come on down.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:35 AM

11,768 posts, read 9,493,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, anyone who doubts that Texas is Utopia just needs to peruse this list:

50 Sure Signs That Texas Is Actually Utopia

Y'all come on down.
Damn, Beyonce is cute... Her and Dr. Pepper are about the only things on that list I care about. Isn't TX pretty bad about creating high income jobs though? I thought I read that TX was only creating low income jobs and most of the companies weren't starting in TX, rather, just moving there.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:50 AM

6,797 posts, read 6,790,379 times
Anyone with the option would be out of their mind not to leave California. There are much better places to run a business.
California is run by a bunch of idiotic bureaucrats and teachers unions who have created the most unfriendly business and resident environment west of the Mississippi.
Jerry Brown needs to pound a yard of sand up his backside.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,301,765 times
Gov Brown was right. $24,000 was literally the single smallest radio ad buy in the entire state of California. That's all Brown said and the OP is full of it when he insinuates anything else. BTW I like Brown especially last December when NJ Gov Chris Cristy claimed Brown was "an old washed up retread". Brown pointed out that he might be in his mid 70's but he still runs three miles a day in under 27 minutes plus he does push ups and pull ups every day then challenged Christie to a competition to see who could do all three the fastest/best. Does anyone think Brown wouldn't kick Christie's tubby butt?

Last edited by Think4Yourself; 02-07-2013 at 07:41 AM..

Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,301,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Anyone with the option would be out of their mind not to leave California.
Since California is #1 in small business start ups and has the most number of businesses based in it of any state I'm going to have to disagree with you. It seems a whole lot of businesses find very rational reasons to base their businesses right here.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 AM

524 posts, read 367,105 times
Maybe I should sent him one of those Kleenex care kits they've been advertising on T.V.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 AM

23,837 posts, read 21,576,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Anyone with the option would be out of their mind not to leave California. There are much better places to run a business.
California is run by a bunch of idiotic bureaucrats and teachers unions who have created the most unfriendly business and resident environment west of the Mississippi.
Jerry Brown needs to pound a yard of sand up his backside.
I totally concur. California has never been a part of any of my business plans. There's a reason for that.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,041,513 times
Quote:
Since California is #1 in small business start ups and has the most number of businesses based in it of any state I'm going to have to disagree with you. It seems a whole lot of businesses find very rational reasons to base their businesses right here

IHMO The only reason that business would want to stay in california would be the natural beauty of the state...weather, ocean, mountains, etc...You take that away and there would be an exodus of business leaving that Liberal cesspool of a State
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies