Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 10:39 AM

361 posts, read 272,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Why do conservatives so often bring up jews in Germany? And yet jews are overwhelmingly democrats and liberal? I think jews can think for themselves without the help of gentile conservtives and I'm pretty sure they know their history well.
Because what i said is true. Jews in Poland who said Hitler was going to kill them were considered fearmongers and paranoid. That is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 11:12 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Conservatives should avoid this thread. You can't argue against the results of a liberal bias study that proves liberals are superior. After all, these studies are needed to justify being the moronic hypocrites they've become.

What's the Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal?: Northwestern University News

It was the candidate Barack Obama in 2008 who infamously labeled blue-collar voters “bitter,” as they “cling to guns or religion.” Obviously, liberals must be happier, right? Wrong. Scholars on both the left and right have studied this question extensively, and have reached a consensus that it is conservatives who possess the happiness edge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/op...-all.html?_r=0

Never trust a liberal who wants to have a “conversation.”
At least when they’re screaming at conservatives to shut up, they’re being honest.
But when they say they want to talk to you, watch out, there’s an agenda. And after Friday’s school shootings in Connecticut, liberals are feeling very chatty on the topic of guns.

Read more: Liberals Exploit Fear to Go After Guns Again : Political Outcast

A 2008 study, revealed that conservatives possessed more cleaning and organizational items, such as ironing boards and calendars, confirmation that they are orderly and self-disciplined. Liberals owned more books and travel-related memorabilia, which conforms with previous research suggesting that they are open and novelty-seeking.

Unconscious Reactions Separate Liberals and Conservatives: Scientific American

Libertarians smarter? | Conservative News and Views

Being a Libertarian, I'd like to think we are the best of both sides.

Libertarians tend to:
- be less extreme and more rational
- want less government
- demand political accountability
- desire a sustainable social net
- want all wars (Iraq, Afghanastan, drugs...etc.) stopped
- protect the Bill of Rights

I believe that every individual is naturally entitled to do as he pleases with himself and the fruits of his labor, so far as it in no way interferes with any other men's rights. – Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln would have been a Libertarian today.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Liberals sure do love funding questionable "studies" that prove nothing other than their own fearful bias of the scary real world.

Which reminds me, they're due to release another "Liberals are smarter than everybody else!" 'study' soon.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:19 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Here is yet another scientific study that finds a link between fear and conservatism, this one from Brown University:

The connection between fear and political attitudes | Brown University News and Events

The study finds that people who have strong, irrational fear of "out-groups" (that is, anyone different than themselves), tend to hold conservative political values. Furthermore, such people are particularly susceptible to political campaigns that exploit those fears.

The author of the study takes pains to explain that she is not implying that every conservative is fearful of others- as she puts it, "Conservatives are not fearful- fearful people are conservatives"

The bad news- fear and irrationality by conservatives are a big reason for the current gridlock in DC as social issues rapidly evolve. Gay rights, the rise of the "minorities", immigration reform, gun safety, all relate to conservatives' fear of "the other", and their perceived increasing inability to defend themselves from those threatening them.

The GOOD news- the study found higher levels of education, and exposure and familiarity to the "threatening" groups, tends to alleviate the "fear factor"
Of course they did.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Conservatives should avoid this thread. You can't argue against the results of a liberal bias study that proves liberals are superior. After all, these studies are needed to justify being the moronic hypocrites they've become.

What's the Difference Between a Conservative and a Liberal?: Northwestern University News

It was the candidate Barack Obama in 2008 who infamously labeled blue-collar voters “bitter,” as they “cling to guns or religion.” Obviously, liberals must be happier, right? Wrong. Scholars on both the left and right have studied this question extensively, and have reached a consensus that it is conservatives who possess the happiness edge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/op...-all.html?_r=0

Never trust a liberal who wants to have a “conversation.”
At least when they’re screaming at conservatives to shut up, they’re being honest.
But when they say they want to talk to you, watch out, there’s an agenda. And after Friday’s school shootings in Connecticut, liberals are feeling very chatty on the topic of guns.

Read more: Liberals Exploit Fear to Go After Guns Again : Political Outcast

A 2008 study, revealed that conservatives possessed more cleaning and organizational items, such as ironing boards and calendars, confirmation that they are orderly and self-disciplined. Liberals owned more books and travel-related memorabilia, which conforms with previous research suggesting that they are open and novelty-seeking.

Unconscious Reactions Separate Liberals and Conservatives: Scientific American

Libertarians smarter? | Conservative News and Views

Being a Libertarian, I'd like to think we are the best of both sides.

Libertarians tend to:
- be less extreme and more rational
- want less government
- demand political accountability
- desire a sustainable social net
- want all wars (Iraq, Afghanastan, drugs...etc.) stopped
- protect the Bill of Rights

I believe that every individual is naturally entitled to do as he pleases with himself and the fruits of his labor, so far as it in no way interferes with any other men's rights. – Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln would have been a Libertarian today.
You are actively participating in a thread that you tell others to avoid? Thanks for participating in our study.
Good luck with the treatment.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:23 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
You are actively participating in a thread that you tell others to avoid? Thanks for participating in our study.
Good luck with the treatment.
I see you are another poster that uses deflection to replace rationality. Typical modus for someone having nothing constructive to add.

Let's review my words: I said that "conservatives should avoid this thread" and clearly stated that I am a libertarian.

It's obvious that you can't (or prefer not to) process the words you read.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:28 PM

172 posts, read 151,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Here is yet another scientific study that finds a link between fear and conservatism, this one from Brown University:

The connection between fear and political attitudes | Brown University News and Events

The study finds that people who have strong, irrational fear of "out-groups" (that is, anyone different than themselves), tend to hold conservative political values. Furthermore, such people are particularly susceptible to political campaigns that exploit those fears.

The author of the study takes pains to explain that she is not implying that every conservative is fearful of others- as she puts it, "Conservatives are not fearful- fearful people are conservatives"

The bad news- fear and irrationality by conservatives are a big reason for the current gridlock in DC as social issues rapidly evolve. Gay rights, the rise of the "minorities", immigration reform, gun safety, all relate to conservatives' fear of "the other", and their perceived increasing inability to defend themselves from those threatening them.

The GOOD news- the study found higher levels of education, and exposure and familiarity to the "threatening" groups, tends to alleviate the "fear factor"
I beleive it.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I see you are another poster that uses deflection to replace rationality. Typical modus for someone having nothing constructive to add.

Let's review my words: I said that "conservatives should avoid this thread" and clearly stated that I am a libertarian.

It's obvious that you can't (or prefer not to) process the words you read.
Are not libertarians socially liberal?

Old 02-07-2013, 12:30 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Read the study which shows that the most successful people are not risk-averse and willing to take chances. The Alpha personality. They are almost always conservative. Go figure.

Last edited by TrapperJohn; 02-07-2013 at 12:38 PM..

Old 02-07-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Read the study which shows that the most successful people are risk-averse and willing to take chances. The Alpha personality. They are almost always conservative. Go figure.
Most successful people are "risk- averse and willing to take chances?" Do you reside in a paradoxical universe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies