Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You don't have to be paranoid to question the government.
You have to be paranoid to see a conspiracy in everything under the sun. There is no brown shirt army, there are no concentration camps, there was no re-education programs, the muslims didn't "take over", people were not denied a vote, DOW didn't fall to 1000 points, there was no riots, the evil city people did not attack the farm houses in search of food etc, etc....none of it happened. People cook up a conspiracy out of everything, and yes, you'd have to be a paranoid person to think like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 01:09 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Nowhere near every DHS employee carries, hell I would wager its a very small percentage of.

As for the poster above who stated that every one of the 250,000 employees must qualify...well thats just laughable.
oh...how is it laughable

DHS...250k personell in the following subbranches
U.S. Secret Service
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
National Protection and Programs Directorate
Transportation Security Administration
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
Federal Emergency Management Agency
U.S. Coast Guard

everyone of those branches REQUIRE their employees to qualify with a weapon.....and many require them to CARRY

the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) alone has 60,000 employees and 90% of them CARRY

the secret service...5000 employes and EVERYONE carries

the coast guard....41k active duty...8k reservists (...all REQUIRED (by REGULATION) to qualify 2x a year)..plus 7k civilian employees, of which many carry

now who is laughable

Old 02-07-2013, 01:10 PM

172 posts, read 151,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
They're coming! If I were you, I would quickly build a bunker and completely seal yourself off (internet included) from the outside world for at least the next 40+ years.
Thats great advice for people I know also. Thanks

Old 02-07-2013, 01:13 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Very disappointing that you won't question your government. One can only wonder why??
They act as though they are in a cult and obama is their leader.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:15 PM

This is good. They are fighting domestic enemies.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:19 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,614 times
Quote:
Obtusity noted.

Why is it that you never question your government? Is there any particular reason that you think that the government could not actually become tyrranical?
I'm just apathetic. I acknowledge there's always the chance our government could become tyrannical. I just think the chance is minute and question what could really be done about it if it did happen. Therefore I don't see the point in concerning myself with what I view as a waste of time.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
I'm just apathetic. I acknowledge there's always the chance our government could become tyrannical. I just think the chance is minute and question what could really be done about it if it did happen. Therefore I don't see the point in concerning myself with what I view as a waste of time.
Exactly

Old 02-07-2013, 01:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh...how is it laughable

U.S. Secret Service
U.S. Coast Guard

everyone of those branches REQUIRE their employees to qualify with a weapon.....and many require them to CARRY

the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) alone has 60,000 employees and 90% of them CARRY

the coast guard....41k active duty...8k reservists (...all REQUIRED (by REGULATION) to qualify 2x a year)..plus 7k civilian employees, of which many carry

now who is laughable
Math isn't a strong suit for the "fear the government" people.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh...how is it laughable

U.S. Secret Service
U.S. Coast Guard

now who is laughable
I dont believe thats the case. All my life I have heard they are coming and nothing yet.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Default DHS Purchases 21.6 Million More Rounds Of Ammunition, Has Enough Ammo For A 30 Year War

Funny its not reported on CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC or the New York Times. All ammo manufactures should just refuse to sell the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies