Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 05:44 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,814,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Let's be honest with ourselves, Mr. Dorner at his worst portrayal is still more saintly than our government. Our government does assassinations without a care who the collateral damage is but for whatever reason then the outrage is more 'nuanced.' When one man outside the 'law' does it he's a criminal, needs to be caught, needs to be stopped, etc

This is more identifying law with morality. Looking up to your oppressors.
No, it isn't at all. I find a drone firing a Hellfire missile into a group of fourteen year old kids in Helmand as horrific as the thought of Dorner gunning down a young woman and her fiance in Irvine. If our government does it and it's a sign of unwarranted malice, does that make it okay for our citizens to engage in the same behavior? No, I don't believe it does. These are totally different situations, totally different circumstances.

Again, your speech is so overwrought with rehetoric that I wonder why I'm even replying to you...

Old 02-08-2013, 05:50 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,294,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
My father in Law my wife's Dad ya know and his 2nd wife were stabbed to death Easter 1999 inside their home. The killer had be shot on the ankle by the cops the day before for stealing knives in a store.

The system failed. SWAT was only 3 city blocks away IF SWAT comes from the cop shop, and you could see that place from the elevated porch.

Why did it take 3 hours after the fact for them to show up?

So I know how it feels........

I think Dorner was wrong, but i can understand why he did what he did. I might like to remove some family from the killer in my case and maybe some from SWAT too.

I was framed by another cop, but made proof as to my innocence which almost didn't happen because the cop DA was a lying piece if chit.

I just wonder how many other people's live that piece of chit ruined before he got busted for 512 counts lumped into 4 felonies and IS still doing time to day since 1995.

I can tell you that in the courtroom lobby in front of me he called my wife the C word! and i will never forgive him for that. He better stay right where his is if you get my drift...

So I know a few things see...

I have made any final decision on how i really feel about Dorner, but i find his actions wrong, but interesting.

He has chosen to stack his life on his own sense of honor such as it is.

You can bank on Monica Quan's Father is re-thinking over what he did WRONG!

I think that was the point of him doing that

Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,543,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Do you people actually read these news articles? I mean REALLY read them? Or do you just jump to some conclusion because of your obvious hatred and bias toward the police?

Look at this idiot running around killing and shooting people. He has a HISTORY of causing of problems. From the time he was in elementary school; starting fights with others. In the police academy he is the subject of discipline. What? The academy? You are on your BEST behavior then, yet he has some sort of complex which puts him above everyone else.

Then he assaults and batters two other police officers? Really? I'm a black police officer and have been for 24 years. I've been called everything under the sun and then some. I've NEVER assaulted or battered ANYONE. There are other remedies for that.

The allegation he makes about excessive force. It was investigated by the LAPD and they found he had lied in official reports; thus they fired him. YOU people say they want lying police officers held accountable. They did so. [b]The firing was appealed by this murderer to an OUTSIDE APPEALS COURT JUDGE, who had NOTHING TO DO, with the LAPD. HE reviewed the evidence, evidence you have no clue of, and UPHELD THE FIRING.[b]

Yet you and others, totally ignorant to the FACTS, say this man is a hero and should be worshipped in some strange way.

Think for a minute people, USE YOUR HEAD. If this murderer had PROOF, as he says, he didn't lie and there was all this police corruption, misconduct, etc what better witness to have, then a BLACK police officer, who "knows it all?" Can you imagine the civil lawsuit from the THOUSANDS of law firms, all over this country, who would have LOVED to take on this case? The NAACP, et al, IF this liar/loser had the truthful evidence, would be all over the LAPD.

He could have gone into a court room and truly been a "hero." MILLIONS of people would have backed him up; IF he had REAL evidence. He would have been filthy rich, been interviewed on every news show in the world, and had his ticket punched for the rest of his life: The man who brought down LAPD.

But no, he is doing what he has done his entire life: When he perceives someone had done him wrong, he resorts to physical violence. EVERYONE throughout his life has labeled him a "bully." And that is EXACTLY what he is trying to do now. Bully his way.

The sooner this loser/idiot/moron is locked up and put down like the dog he is, the safer our society will be.
Every headline I see is calling him a suspect! You are labelling him a murderer - so who has more respect for law and order, you or me?

You conveniently forget that he said he would be terminating people unless they cleared his name. Do you see the solution here?

Old 02-08-2013, 05:55 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,058,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
These are totally different situations, totally different circumstances.

Again, your speech is so overwrought with rehetoric that I wonder why I'm even replying to you...
What's so different about them?

Old 02-08-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Totally different, and a different debate left for a different thread. I tire of when too many use the "but your guy" rebuttal on threads, just like so often when a democrat defends their side with a "but Bush did..." or the flip side of " but Obama did..." as if that makes what they do ok.

We aren't talking about a U.S.A soldier walking up to a unarmed civilian and just pulling the trigger are we? That is what this guy allegedly did. If that is your brand of justified revenge well I just don't agree with it.

There are plenty of threads to debate what government policy as in warfare does to effect people, but there is a clear difference (usually) between what happens in warfare and purposely murdering unless we are talking about genocide like in Serbia or Africa or somewhere.
There is no difference. Warfare is what a government declares when they want to kill people. It's just a legal term honestly. Mr. Dorner declared warfare. In a way, the government declared war on him. All is fair in love and war.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
How come you don't say the same thing when American bombs kill innocent civilians? Why is collateral damage accepted? Why aren't the leaders who ordered those strikes branded as 'evil' and told there is no excuse for the taking of innocent life?
Oh that is easy, Out of sight out of mind. Have you ever wondered why American coverage of world news is always distorted? Americans as a whole act real tough but can be scared so easily whenever the dirt of our government hits home. 911 is a perfect example of this. The previous administration scared the hell out of people so that they would voluntarily give up certian freedoms. I mean what are the odds that a militant muslim group was going to bomb a small town in buttf88k North Dakota? These people were just as scared as the ones in New York of radical muslims thanks to our "non bias media"

Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Oh that is easy, Out of sight out of mind. Have you ever wondered why American coverage of world news is always distorted? Americans as a whole act real tough but can be scared so easily whenever the dirt of our government hits home. 911 is a perfect example of this. The previous administration scared the hell out of people so that they would voluntarily give up certian freedoms. I mean what are the odds that a militant muslim group was going to bomb a small town in buttf88k North Dakota? These people were just as scared as the ones in New York of radical muslims thanks to our "non bias media"
For 99% of Americans, the media is their only portal to the outside world. Now that's power.

Bridge to Canada - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 01/09/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

^^^Even when the reality is closer to home, the media can be devastatingly effective.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 PM

10,020 posts, read 9,473,588 times
Quote:
Do you people actually read these news articles? I mean REALLY read them? Or do you just jump to some conclusion because of your obvious hatred and bias toward the police?

Look at this idiot running around killing and shooting people. He has a HISTORY of causing of problems. From the time he was in elementary school; starting fights with others. In the police academy he is the subject of discipline. What? The academy? You are on your BEST behavior then, yet he has some sort of complex which puts him above everyone else.

Then he assaults and batters two other police officers? Really? I'm a black police officer and have been for 24 years. I've been called everything under the sun and then some. I've NEVER assaulted or battered ANYONE. There are other remedies for that.

The allegation he makes about excessive force. It was investigated by the LAPD and they found he had lied in official reports; thus they fired him. YOU people say they want lying police officers held accountable. They did so. [b]The firing was appealed by this murderer to an OUTSIDE APPEALS COURT JUDGE, who had NOTHING TO DO, with the LAPD. HE reviewed the evidence, evidence you have no clue of, and UPHELD THE FIRING.[b]

Yet you and others, totally ignorant to the FACTS, say this man is a hero and should be worshipped in some strange way.

Think for a minute people, USE YOUR HEAD. If this murderer had PROOF, as he says, he didn't lie and there was all this police corruption, misconduct, etc what better witness to have, then a BLACK police officer, who "knows it all?" Can you imagine the civil lawsuit from the THOUSANDS of law firms, all over this country, who would have LOVED to take on this case? The NAACP, et al, IF this liar/loser had the truthful evidence, would be all over the LAPD.

He could have gone into a court room and truly been a "hero." MILLIONS of people would have backed him up; IF he had REAL evidence. He would have been filthy rich, been interviewed on every news show in the world, and had his ticket punched for the rest of his life: The man who brought down LAPD.

But no, he is doing what he has done his entire life: When he perceives someone had done him wrong, he resorts to physical violence. EVERYONE throughout his life has labeled him a "bully." And that is EXACTLY what he is trying to do now. Bully his way.

The sooner this loser/idiot/moron is locked up and put down like the dog he is, the safer our society will be.
Great post, but I doubt it will change the minds of any of the tin foil hat folks around here.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:11 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,167,874 times
Quote:

It is very hard to trust or believe anything the police say these days. Just look at the recent incident where the police shot up the two ladies delivering newspapers....were the police arrested, do the perp walk, pictures in the paper? .nope....placed on leave....maybe a lame apology...at best..they will appear
with their wives,...crying....but not arrested, not fired...or their excuse will be good...but still..no accountability....and the victims?...they get money from the taxpayers...and the police do the "fist bump" victory dance and back to work....

You guys have zero credibility so if this guy says you lied that is easy to believe.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:16 PM

The 9/11 terrosists had a beef with America due to political and military policies, you may see their side to a extent of it IF they had targeted certain political and military targets but when they killed women and children and innocents ON PURPOSE they lost any slight credibility. Well same here again......[/quote]

That is something that has bothered me as well for some time as well. Why did they target that particuliar building in the first place? I know that it had nothing to do with the people but what the building in itself contained. Computers holding damaging information regarding important people in our government? Gold? If they wanted to strike "terror" with the american people they would have bombed, leets say the Brooklyn or Golden Gate bridges during rush hour, that was clearly a political inside job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.