Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:59 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,518,518 times

Advertisements

How Do You Tell Them? Telling Your Kids They Are NOT Free! - YouTube

" 'I'm sorry little Sally, but you're not free.'

'But Dad, I can still make my own decisions and decide what I want to wear and where I want to go.'

NOPE. Illinois Sneaker Tax"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 02:07 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,837,923 times
North Korea, Libya, Sudan, Tibet, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Somalia, Iran, Saudi Arabia.

Try having your kids live there. Especially if you have daughters. I doubt there would be much complaining about the US afterwards.

Perspective.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
North Korea, Libya, Sudan, Tibet, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Somalia, Iran, Saudi Arabia.

Try having your kids live there. Especially if you have daughters. I doubt there would be much complaining about the US afterwards.

Perspective.
That's a very common and very American response. However, it doesn't make sense. Just because we have our own pathetic excuse for freedom doesn't mean we should allow it to continue so long as we don't resemble those countries.

"As long as we don't hit the ocean floor, we can keep sinking" isn't how a free country should maintain itself.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:13 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post

Perspective.
Of course you would pick the worst countries on Earth

A better perspective would be to compare today vs the 70's and 80's.... yeah, today is not free compared to then

Old 02-07-2013, 02:17 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,765,477 times
How do I indoctrinate my child with right-wing propaganda?

I don't.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post

I don't.
I'm guessing you didn't watch. Nothing stated in the video was false or made up, it was all true. State otherwise.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:22 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,837,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post

A better perspective would be to compare today vs the 70's and 80's.... yeah, today is not free compared to then
I pick those countries as an example for perspective only. Its like when my teenager starts grumbling about not having a car yet. I have to point out that there are far less fortunate kids than her, some don't even have homes. So that she appreciates what she does have. I'm just saying, Americans should appreciate the freedoms we have which are vast in comparison to many other nations.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:23 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post

I don't.
I don't indoctrinate my child with any political propaganda, left or right, to me that's cruel and self serving, not to mention bad parenting.

Stealing your child's innocence is low and fanatical.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:34 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,256,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
That's a very common and very American response. However, it doesn't make sense. Just because we have our own pathetic excuse for freedom doesn't mean we should allow it to continue so long as we don't resemble those countries.

"As long as we don't hit the ocean floor, we can keep sinking" isn't how a free country should maintain itself.
What are you wanting to do that you can't? Drink and drive, snort cocaine, use racist remarks, rape your wife, beat a woman? I'm not saying you do or want to do these things, I just don't know how you are not free.

As an American O am free to do the following:
choose my education and career path.
Vote how I want.
Volunteer where I want.
Eat what I want.
Shop where I want.
Travel where I want. - This is actually pretty important and not everyone has thing freedom.
Live where I want.
Date, marry who I want.
I have the choice not to marry and still have kids.
Voice my opinion however I want.
Etc, etc, etc.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:39 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
What are you wanting to do that you can't? Drink and drive, snort cocaine, use racist remarks, rape your wife, beat a woman? I'm not saying you do or want to do these things, I just don't know how you are not free.

As an American O am free to do the following:
choose my education and career path.
Vote how I want.
Volunteer where I want.
Eat what I want.
Shop where I want.
Travel where I want. - This is actually pretty important and not everyone has thing freedom.
Live where I want.
Date, marry who I want.
I have the choice not to marry and still have kids.
Voice my opinion however I want.
Etc, etc, etc.
Only because the SCOTUS recently stood up for you. Granted, they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies