Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That completely defies logic. You should be embarrassed that you're trying to assert something so idiotic.
You are having a very difficult time making that case. Let me ask you a question.

If I and my sister are parties in a lawsuit, and if she has four children and I have two, how many children do the parties have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
All of the factual statements in the document that refer to Stanley Ann and Lolo's property, debt, children, and marriage refer to them all as belonging to "the parties."
But not to both of the parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
When an individual party is referenced in the document, it is only as "plaintiff" or "defendant."
So?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 09:05 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Yep. It looks as though Obama lied on his BAR application.
It asks what his former full name is. It was Barry Soetoro when he lived in Indonesia and confirmed by his school record.

Barack and Michelle Obama Law Licenses are Voluntarily Retired and Inactive Status-Truth!
Blah, blah, blah......

You're like a broken freakin' record.

You're also either dumber than a box of rocks or you're a liar because the reason his name was listed that way has been explained to you a gazillion times and you continue to try to use it to mislead and lie.

Do you think anybody here - at all - thinks you have the least bit of credibility?

Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Let me ask you a question.

If I and my sister are parties in a lawsuit, and if she has four children and I have two, how many children do the parties have?
You would have to be lawfully married to your sister for your example to work the way you're trying to get it to. The statement immediately before the one enumerating Stanley Ann and Lolo's children in the divorce document states such:
"The parties are lawfully married to each other."

That is immediately followed by:
"The parties have 1 child(ren) below age 18 and 1 child(ren) above 18 but still dependent on the parties for education."

Old 02-07-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
You would have to be lawfully married to your sister for your example to work the way you're trying to get it to.
I don't have to be married to anybody to be parties with them in a lawsuit.

So answer the question. If you forgot, here it is:

Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 PM

Come on, IC. It's not a hard question.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Their testimony was expert, so it was evidence in and of itself.
Would this be the same U.S. State Department that claimed for nearly two weeks that the attack resulting in the death of the U.S. Ambassador and 3 others in Benghazi was caused by a YouTube video? Good grief.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
All of the statements are true.

But none of the statements assert that the children belonged to both parties.
For that to be true, you would also have to believe that the divorce document states that Stanley Ann and Lolo had property but that the property wasn't owned by both. That's explicitly contradicted by the fact that the property is distributed in the document.

Again...
"The parties are lawfully married to each other."
"The parties have 1 child(ren) below age 18 and 1 child(ren) above 18 but still dependent on the parties for education."
"The parties possess certain property..."
"...debts or liabilities of the parties."

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Just because you read it on somebody’s blog or in an email from a friend or relative doesn’t mean it’s true. It’s probably not, as we advised in our special report “Is this chain e-mail true?” back on March 18, 2008. On this page we feature a list of the false or misleading viral rumors we’re asked about most often, and a brief summary of the facts. But click on the links to read the full articles. There is a lot more detail in each answer...

FactCheck.org : Don’t get spun by Internet rumors

Did Barack and Michelle Obama “surrender” their law licenses to avoid ethics charges?

No. A court official confirms that no public disciplinary proceeding has ever been brought against either of them, contrary to a false Internet rumor. By voluntarily inactivating their licenses, they avoid a requirement to take continuing education classes and pay hundreds of dollars in annual fees. Both could practice law again if they chose to do so.
June 14, 2012.

FactCheck.org : The Obamas’ Law Licenses

I know the right wing is so frantic to get the goods on Obama, that they will pounce in any crumb, no matter how insiginificant and outrageous, but give it a rest. You appear so sadly desperate. The election is over, Obama won...move on.

Quote:
Would this be the same U.S. State Department that claimed for nearly two weeks that the attack resulting in the death of the U.S. Ambassador and 3 others in Benghazi was caused by a YouTube video? Good grief.
No. It would be their lawyers.

So... you going to answer that other question?

Old 02-07-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
For that to be true, you would also have to believe that the divorce document states that Stanley Ann and Lolo were lawfully married but it does not assert that they were married to each other.
Nope. That would not be necessary.

So again, here's the question:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies