Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 01:58 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
More people voted for the Republicans in the House than voted for Obama, so obviously the people didn't give Obama a free pass to do whatever he wants to.
You are wrong, prove your claim. House Republicans lost the popular vote by 1.5m votes but kept the majority due to gerrymandering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 03:05 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times
Quote:
Democrats failed to regain control of the U.S. House of Representatives even though they won 1 million more votes than Republicans. The number of states backing Senate and presidential candidates of the same party grew to the largest in at least 60 years. And President Barack Obama made history by losing every county in West Virginia.
These are among the findings in data compiled by Bloomberg on the 2012 election results, which call attention to an electorate that is increasingly polarized and two major parties that are as ideologically distinct as ever.
Republicans Can

Old 02-10-2013, 03:15 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
America deserves Obama if its citizens were dumb enough to re-elect him.
lol, isn't that the truth... and Americans deserve what they get which will be a whole lot of nothing.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:25 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
More people voted for the Republicans in the House than voted for Obama, so obviously the people didn't give Obama a free pass to do whatever he wants to. The house is doing what they were elected to do, represent the people who voted for them, which includes opposing Obamas bad ideas.

If he wants to accomplish anything he'll have to <gasp> compromise, something completely foreign to democrats in general. And no raising spending 20% when you wanted to raise it 30% is not a compromise. Why not compromise on cutting it 10% instead of cutting it 20%? Because that wouldn't be a compromise in their view.
OK, so Fox is saying that Obama and democrats are refusing to cooperate - sure. You need to get some actual news - here's some.
* Congressional Republicans lost the popular vote by over a million. Only repub-friendly mid-term redistricting efforts allowed them to keep their seats.
* Republicans are not compromising, regardless of what Boehner and McConnell say. McConnell said the main objective of senate Republicans was to defeat Obama (how about working for the people instead?).
* Republicans held a secret meeting on inauguration day 2009 where they pledged to bring Congress to a standstill in order to make Obama ineffective.
Democrats condemn GOP's plot to obstruct Obama as 'appalling and sad' | World news | guardian.co.uk

* Republicans have filibustered an unprecedented 400 bills, including jobs bills, authored by democrats.
* Repubs adopted the tactic of attaching poison-pill amendments to bills in order to defeat them.

So who is not cooperating??
And you know nothing of this because Fox isn't telling you.

Here is some real data other than Fox drivel.
Obama has made even preemptive concessions (like single-payer healthcare off the table from day one), much to the dismay of many in his base.
Obama and the Republicans: Why the president is finally getting tough. - Slate Magazine

Old 02-10-2013, 03:41 PM

You answer your own question. ..."give me higher taxes on the rich and we will cut expenses next year".... now that is co-operation. Who needs fox news when all we have to do is watch and LISTEN to Obama. He always says one thing then does another and the liberals want to believe him so badly they always ignore his actions.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:47 PM

Remember one thing. Never get cocky or arrogant.... The ebb and flow of politrix changes all the time and when the tide changes it will change quickly.

Now who is up for re-election?

Old 02-10-2013, 04:14 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You answer your own question. ..."give me higher taxes on the rich and we will cut expenses next year".... now that is co-operation. Who needs fox news when all we have to do is watch and LISTEN to Obama. He always says one thing then does another and the liberals want to believe him so badly they always ignore his actions.
Um, I don't consider Obama a news source, and I don't view the news media universe as Fox vs Obama. I don't know who in their right mind sees it this way. Amazing...

Old 02-10-2013, 05:18 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times
Fox v. Obama is only relevant for people who think Fox ever broadcasts news. I think America has learned that Fox is a dog barking for corporate interests. Clearly, the search for objectivity goes far beyond Fox. Probably the process of winnowing the daily flow of misinformation is too exhausting for the average voter. They only know their own personal situation. Such as they now have ten percent of what they had for retirement in the year 2000. That is something most voters can understand.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:57 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
OK, so Fox is saying that Obama and democrats are refusing to cooperate - sure. You need to get some actual news - here's some.
* Congressional Republicans lost the popular vote by over a million. Only repub-friendly mid-term redistricting efforts allowed them to keep their seats.
* Republicans are not compromising, regardless of what Boehner and McConnell say. McConnell said the main objective of senate Republicans was to defeat Obama (how about working for the people instead?).
* Republicans held a secret meeting on inauguration day 2009 where they pledged to bring Congress to a standstill in order to make Obama ineffective.
Democrats condemn GOP's plot to obstruct Obama as 'appalling and sad' | World news | guardian.co.uk

* Republicans have filibustered an unprecedented 400 bills, including jobs bills, authored by democrats.
* Repubs adopted the tactic of attaching poison-pill amendments to bills in order to defeat them.

So who is not cooperating??
And you know nothing of this because Fox isn't telling you.

Here is some real data other than Fox drivel.
Obama has made even preemptive concessions (like single-payer healthcare off the table from day one), much to the dismay of many in his base.
Obama and the Republicans: Why the president is finally getting tough. - Slate Magazine
I don't usually watch Faux News, but the night of the election I refused to watch anything BUT Faux News. It was SO FUNNY! Did anyone else watch Faux News the night of the election? I was laughing so hard I was down on the sofa with my legs up in the air (not very dignified I know) LOL

Old 02-10-2013, 07:03 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I don't usually watch Faux News, but the night of the election I refused to watch anything BUT Faux News. It was SO FUNNY! Did anyone else watch Faux News the night of the election? I was laughing so hard I was down on the sofa with my legs up in the air (not very dignified I know) LOL
On the spot

I admit I contribute to Fox News ratings because much of the stuff on there is so damn hilarious..Fox & Friends, Huckabee, Hannity, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies