Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:29 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The biggest percentage is "lost" or unable to locate, not stolen - around 25,000 guns per year end up in other hands. I think the the total stolen is around 1000 per year, not 500 per day as you indicated, do you have a reference?
You are uninformed person....but that is extremely obvious in your posting.

The link was in the post, yes 500 guns a day are stolen....

But, just in case you missed it:

Mayors Against Illegal Guns - Reporting Lost and Stolen Guns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 07:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Can you guess the key word in your sentence? If not, I have given you a great hint....
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Interesting. Why are you still obsessed with this position which has been proven to be pure nonsense?

My FFL once told me, "If you voted for Obama, you have already proven you are not mentally sound. I can't sell you a gun. I'd rather ship it back at my own cost."

Can I draw the same conclusion?
Chucksnee, meet lifeexplorer. You two are both talking about is it okay or not for one to buy 10 guns at one time, you two should talk amongst yourselves.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You need to address the member who says they can buy 10 guns at one time if they want. I did not say that.
I don't have to.....

Quote:
Can you guess the key word in your sentence? If not, I have given you a great hint....

Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Interesting. Why are you still obsessed with this position which has been proven to be pure nonsense?

My FFL once told me, "If you voted for Obama, you have already proven you are not mentally sound. I can't sell you a gun. I'd rather ship it back at my own cost."

Can I draw the same conclusion?
That's a great point. wish i could rep you for it.

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Chucksnee, meet lifeexplorer. You two are both talking about is it okay or not for one to buy 10 guns at one time, you two should talk amongst yourselves.
I don't need to. I wonder why you still support a nonsense position.

Quote:
I don't have to.....
Okay, well then don't, I was simply informing you who you were actually wanting to talk to. If you don't wish to talk to them, then that is your issue.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I don't need to. I wonder why you still support a nonsense position.
Okay, I am moving on, if you two don't wish to talk to each other over an issue you two are clearly having with each other, that isn't my problem.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
What do I need to prove, I support universal background checks, I also support the current background checks and think it just needs to be done at a universal level to make it harder for one to simply go to a state with lax laws and buy their guns without proper background checks.

If you fail to pass a check in one state, you should fail in all states and each state would need to have access to other states to know that you failed, therefore the need for background checks to be universal.
You will, don't you understand that. Every state has different laws, there are 2 laws that go for every single state, now what you have to remember when I say this, this is for law abiding citizens....

1. You cannot buy a pistol out of the state you claim residence. Period....if you do buy a pistol out of state from an FFL that FFL must send your pistol to an in state FFL. period....

2. You have to fill out a 4473, when you buy a gun from an FFL.

If you don't follow the rules that are set, then you are wrong, call them what ever you want...but in the end the criminal does not care...

Quote:
If you sell a gun illegally, then you are a criminal.
What you consider illegal is not what law abiding citizens consider legal.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:41 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Okay, I am moving on, if you two don't wish to talk to each other over an issue you two are clearly having with each other, that isn't my problem.
You are confusing to say the least and because you are confused.. In NH you can buy as many guns in a day as you can pay for.

Each one gets a 4473 form, but one call to NICS does the BC.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
What do I need to prove, I support universal background checks, .
Because the only person you are hurting is not the criminal, you are hurting the law abiding citizen....that's it.

If you cannot figure out criminals don't care about the law, then I Cannot help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies