Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 05:56 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,139,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You can't buy more than one at a time without getting in some serious trouble.

The current law states that you can't buy guns to trade without a dealer license which contrary to most dishonest reports is a major hassle to get and maintain. If you purchase two or more at a time, your purchase will be sent to ATF for analysis. If you buy 20, expect a major ATF visit.
Don't know where you are, but those kinds of laws are all local, not federal. Last gun purchase I made, I bought three Evil Black Rifles that are named on Feinstein's "bad gun" list. No Brady Tax, no ATF visit, no nothing. I could have bought 20 or 50 or 100 and the result would have been the same. As it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,226,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Besides a FFL, show me where anyone buys 10 guns at a time?

Your limited knowledge or listening to the MSM is failing you....
You need to address the member in California who thinks he can buy as many guns as he wants at one time, apparently he is the one who is confused.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,696,085 times
Quote:
There is no law against murder. The current law only spells out punishment.

They in their entire life, will never figure that out, will they????

Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then what gun laws are you talking about? WOW.......you have lost the conversation, and now trying to cover your ass.....
Go read my first post and you will better understand what I am talking about since the beginning. It is the same thing as I am talking about now, sorry if you are confused.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 PM

50,399 posts, read 47,145,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You need to address the member in California who thinks he can buy as many guns as he wants at one time, apparently he is the one who is confused.
With an FFL I can. What's your point. Mine is that we here in CA have some of the strictest laws in the Nation and your best case scenerio will mirror ours and you still won't be happy. We have a 10 day waiting period, gun bans, back ground checks and guess what? We still have kooks shooting up schools here.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,986,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I can buy 20 if I want. I don't have to explain jack squat. I'm also in CA. You really have no clue about current gun laws do you?

Here is how it works, I pay cash, wait 10 days and go pick them up. That's it!
That Brady law sucks..... Waiting sucks too....

NH has NICS.... You can walk in buy what ever you want and be gone in 15 minutes. Sometimes it's faster than that and if it's later, like closing time the shop clerk will about chase out customers.

There is nothing to explain....

Now as a store clerk on rare occasion you do get a kook...... I had one that wanted a hand gun and just one bullet. I just sent him packin....

Now you watch some liberal bleedin heart grabber kook will come say i have no legal authority to kick anyone I don't like out of a shop i work in.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
There is no law against murder. The current law only spells out punishment.

Same logic applies to illegal gun ownership. If you buy a gun illegally, you get punishment. Buy all you want.

The problem is not about buying but about enforce the punishment. As it stands, your precious government doesn't even enforce the current background check law.

See post #6.
If you sell a gun illegally, you too should be punished.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
With an FFL I can. What's your point. Mine is that we here in CA have some of the strictest laws in the Nation and your best case scenerio will mirror ours and you still won't be happy. We have a 10 day waiting period, gun bans, back ground checks and guess what? We still have kooks shooting up schools here.
You should directly address the ones who say you can't.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:04 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,590,635 times
Quote:
If you sell a gun illegally, you too should be punished.
Already a law on the book for over 50 years.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:06 PM

50,399 posts, read 47,145,000 times
Quote:
You should directly address the ones who say you can't.
They already said with an FFL. You are now back pedaling and derailing. All this fantasy material you keep promoting hasn't done jack squat to curb kooks from killing people. P*issing off legal gun owners seems to be yours and a few others main objectives, not actually curbing violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies