Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 04:46 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times

Advertisements

The American Dream: If you can't work for it, sue for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 05:00 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Disney does have a history of racism.

I read comments in some articles about this and white people are telling the black families to get over, there's no racism, they're just trying to sue that sort of thing.

In the minds of whites, it's not okay for blacks to pull the race card. But they pull the race card when discrimination is directed at them.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:29 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The costumed characters?

Only certain face characters are allowed to speak and nearly all costumes cover visible skin. It's part of the illusion. How could you tell on a character like the White Rabbit?

BTW: There's a rather famous Disneyland episode of a family claiming Captain Hook was prejudice against blacks. Hook broke the rules and took off his glove to show the complaining family his skin was..... black.
And the answer is, I had a friend working there, and she was let go, for reporting just such an incident, years ago. Her supervisor was Hispanic, as was the coworker she reported for racism. In our conversation, she noted MOST of her coworkers were hispanic.

She loved the kids, no matter what race, and enjoyed her job because it was so much fun for her. She was really hurt that they chose to terminate her, and not the person who was "avoiding" people of color.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
And the answer is, I had a friend working there,
Got it.

(I couldn't figure out how you would know. And this, lol, is the obvious answer I didn't think of since you're out-of-state. Thanks.)

Old 02-10-2013, 12:55 AM

198 posts, read 167,516 times
here we go again, every time some black person doesn't get their way they start screaming racism.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:05 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Problem View Post
here we go again, every time some black person doesn't get their way they start screaming racism.
From what I seen, whites cry racism far more than blacks when things don't go their way. Whites play the race card in nearly any incident.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:51 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
OP, I don't get your point.

Neither you nor I have any knowledge of whether the family's allegations are true, but does anyone dispute that if one of the entertainers at a theme park, or more than one, was routinely nice and friendly to white customers and was either hostile to or ignored black customers that that would constitute illegal discrimination?
You don't get the point? The entire thing is ridiculous. That is the point. So it's illegal to daffy duck to pay more attention to one kid than another at a theme park? And folks wonder why children are little spoiled whiny brats anymore. Yes look at their idiotic parents. I sue hope these fools children don't suck at sports and some white kid gets more playing time than they do in pee wee ball. The world will end.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:38 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Is it in the Disney's White Rabbit's job description to have physical contact with the various minors roaming Disney land?

Old 02-10-2013, 04:37 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,121,869 times
Default Second Family Accuses Disneyland Of Racism After Donald Duck Refuses To Hug Their Son

Daffy "You're Despicable to accuse my buddy Donald of Racism"

Black family claims Disney's White Rabbit failed to touch their kids-daffy.jpg

Second family accuses Disneyland of racism after Donald Duck refuses to hug their son | Mail Online

Old 02-10-2013, 06:18 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
The American Dream: If you can't work for it, sue for it.

What does that have to do with a guy in a kid friendly suit not hugging y a child because of their race ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies