Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times

Advertisements

No, no, no....

This is the first step in the liberal conspiracy to establish the new world order. While everyone is stuck in the house and incapable of traveling to their underground bunker. The UN snow troops will ski to the home of snow bound gun owners and confiscate their guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
People with common sense know that driving during a blizzard is hazardous at best and life-threatening at its worst.

Maybe you don't know that.

There is nothing wrong with 'government decrees' if they make sense pertaining to the safety of citizens.

Besides, since I have common sense, I don't need the government to tell me not to drive during a blizzard, but some dummies do need to be told.
Yes I know it, but unlike you I don't need a bureaucrat to tell me so. Whats next,telling people to stay in when UV's are too high?

Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
A stuck Subaru is no better than a stuck Honda.

Maybe so... But I've never been stuck in a Subaru, have driven around a ton of people who were stuck in all kinds of 4 wheel drive vehicles, and pulled a LOT of people out with my Subarus, including Jeeps and 1 Hummer II.

Maybe I've been lucky. Maybe the US ski team has been lucky. Maybe... then again, maybe not.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:04 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
It's because the flatlanders in MA don't know how to drive even without snow. Up here in VT, we woodchucks don't let snow stop us. That's what tire chains are for.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:09 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yes I know it, but unlike you I don't need a bureaucrat to tell me so. Whats next,telling people to stay in when UV's are too high?
Unlike me?

I guess my post was too long for you to comprehend.

What's next? Why are conservatives so filled with fear? Must be an awful way to live.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:11 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Unlike me?

I guess my post was too long for you to comprehend.

What's next? Why are conservatives so filled with fear? Must be an awful way to live.
I read it, I just don't believe you.

Ask a bureaucrat to explain, if thats too much to follow.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Maybe so... But I've never been stuck in a Subaru, have driven around a ton of people who were stuck in all kinds of 4 wheel drive vehicles
You do realize that Subaru's are not 4-wheel drive, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post

Maybe I've been lucky. Maybe the US ski team has been lucky. Maybe... then again, maybe not.
The US ski team will run circles around your Subaru in the 2-3 ft of snow Massachusetts is getting.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It's because the flatlanders in MA don't know how to drive even without snow. Up here in VT, we woodchucks don't let snow stop us. That's what tire chains are for.
Different areas handle snow differently.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:20 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I read it, I just don't believe you.

Ask a bureaucrat to explain, if thats too much to follow.
LOL, that's funny!

You don't believe a life-long resident of New Jersey has experienced blizzards but Little-Acorn, who lives in San Diego, knows all about blizzard conditions, oh yeah, agree with Little-Acorn!!!

I have no control over whether you believe me or not; it makes no difference to me.

It's just too funny...thanks, I got my chuckle of the day.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:20 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You do realize that Subaru's are not 4-wheel drive, right?

The US ski team will run circles around your Subaru in the 2-3 ft of snow Massachusetts is getting.

Yes, I know my current and last Subaru were AWD, not 4WD. I also know that the 3 Subarus I owned before those WERE 4WD.

All that said, I wouldn't be dumb enough to venture out in 2'-3' of snow even with my Suby. It would be stupid unless I had a snow blower with it's own power source mounted on the front. Now I have navigated 2'-3' drifts, but that isn't what they're probably gonna get in Mass. They'll be lucky to keep the drifts under 5'-6'. Pure insanity to want out in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies