Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:10 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,037,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
No, the education regarding how gender and orientation aren't the same thing. And kids with gay parents can still learn how babies are made, btw. Unlike many right-wing bigots, they don't seem to filter or neglect teaching all the basics at a certain age.
You can't have one ounce of "faith" if you talk like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 07:12 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,037,491 times
Godless, anti-gun/anti-Constitution, drug abuser and GAY.....

I bet that kid will turn out a winner....

Old 02-09-2013, 07:13 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,800,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Oh, I believe what he said happened. Philly fans, especially the one's that tailgate can be brutal. If the kids felt embarrassed it was probably more to do with the fact of being eyed over rather then being embarrassed by their parents. I would imagine kids raised by gay parents get their fare share of bullying as well, which is a damn shame.
Kids get bullied for many reasons, and only the bullies (really their parents) should be to blame. I got bullied for being chubby and having red hair, both of which are direct traits from my father... but I'm still glad he conceived and raised me, and actually feel I'm a better person because of it. You know, it seems the kids who were bullied usually end up being the more awesome teens & adults - at least, that's what I have noticed over the years. Probably has to do with learning how intolerance hurts others, and developing a certain compassion for the "underdog."

Old 02-09-2013, 07:14 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,326,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post

Who's anti-constitution? And who's gay?

Old 02-09-2013, 07:14 PM

31,909 posts, read 14,904,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Most kids do start asking around that age, so it's perfectly normal. Maybe your kids developed that line of thinking a bit late? Not to say that's a bad thing, but I guess every kid develops in different ways! I have studied childhood development in detail, btw, since it was part of my Master's Thesis (how different stages of development pertain to library services & materials).
My kids are perfectly normal adults and no they did not develop that thinking late. They just never pointed out the differences between them because they didn't care. They were more interested in playing with their toys and not the difference in their bodies.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
You can't have one ounce of "faith" if you talk like that.
If I talk like what? You mean, if I understand simple biology? Lots of people with faith understand and accept science, despite what the folks in certain circles might say.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:

Who are you referring to here? I don't think any of that (except the parents being gay) was in the story.

FYI: Lots of "winners" are raised by Atheist Democrat parents, whether you are willing to admit it or not. Matter of fact, the majority of the region where I live falls under at least one of those categories - and we also happen to have a few of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the country, not to mention your computer was probably conceived and/or created here. Whoopsie!

Old 02-09-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My kids are perfectly normal adults and no they did not develop that thinking late. They just never pointed out the differences between them because they didn't care. They were more interested in playing with their toys and not the difference in their bodies.
Like I said, all kids are different! Just saying it's not abnormal behavior at that age, which any doctor or psychologist would likely confirm.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:17 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,374,476 times
Quote:

The parents will likely teach this kid to be everything a RWNJ isn't, meaning he'll do well in life.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 02-09-2013 at 07:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies