Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Many people do care that homosexuals not be allowed to make a mockery of marriage and that they are not allowed to adopt impressionable young children and indoctrinate them into their perverse, immoral life style.
Bigots should not be allowed to adopt impressionable young people and indoctrinate them in their perverse, immoral lifestyle of hate and ignorance.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:49 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Christians have been murdered for their beliefs. Get a flippin' clue will you!

And no, if someone doesn't want me at their establishment I am happy to take my
cash elsewhere. In fact there are some states that I pass thru but make a game out of
not spending a dime in.

You aren't as important as you think you are.

Oh, I have much more than a clue. I am quite educated about the persecution Christians in other countries face which is why I find your attitude disgusting. You think your beliefs are being trampled on because gay Americans want to be treated fairly and with respect. I suggest you visit countries where Christians are routinely tortured and killed for their beliefs. Then come back here and cry how ****ing unfair it is for fellow Americans to demand their rights entitled to them by the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Yes he does, and he'd kick your white ass out.

No he does not have that right. In most states, it is against the law to discriminate against anyone - for race, religion, creed, gender etc. Business owners DO NOT have that right.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:51 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Again, you're making waaaaaaaayyyyy too much sense zombie. At any rate, I worked in clubs where they had a long list of attire that was prohibited such as white t's, dew rags, saggy pants, hoodies, ect..ect...

At any rate, like you, why should I give my money to someone who doesn't like me? In the end, you're still the one losing, because you're the one that is getting discriminated against, but yet the fool that is doing the discriminating is taking your money, and laughing all the way to the bank.
Because they are not looking at it rationally or thinking about the big picture. They are offended and hurt, they want what they want even if it will be to the benefit of the person they are attempting to punish.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
You can be legally turned away for your beliefs in all 50 states, your sexual orientation in most states, and possibly your gender under some circumstances.
No you can't. Gender and Religion are protected under Federal Law. Not a single restaurant, hotel, etc. in this country can legally turn you away for those reasons.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Because they are not looking at it rationally or thinking about the big picture. They are offended and hurt, they want what they want even if it will be to the benefit of the person they are attempting to punish.

The HORROR!!!! How DARE Americans demand their rights!?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 AM

1,137 posts, read 971,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No he does not have that right. In most states, it is against the law to discriminate against anyone - for race, religion, creed, gender etc. Business owners DO NOT have that right.
They can simply make up a reason.

Government has no Constitutional power to dictate who businesses must serve. Congress can pass all the laws they want, there is always a way around them.

Say I dont like black people and 2 of them apply for a job at my business. Sorry, position has already been filled.

When government forces business owners to serve a person or group they do not like, private property rights are violated.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post

Not so much for illegals and gaybobs. They are taking and not giving back or paying forward.
In fact they are part of the reason that this country is in the shape its in. Those who are here
illegally need to leave. I won't comment further on the gay lifestyle other than to say its an abomination.
And how are gays not contributing? They work, they pay their taxes, they're involved in their communities and local schools in the same ways straight people are involved........

Hell, for all you know, you have co-workers who are gay and you don't even know it.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yeah yeah... but again, why go somewhere where I'm not wanted? It's really quite simple... if the business owner is an a-hole, and you feel strongly about it, then don't patronize that business. Take your money elsewhere where you will be appreciated for your patronage! Money talks! And in the end you're still losing, because if you have to force him to comply, then he is taking your money, and more than likely STILL discriminating against you!
My guess is, if people always let other people get away with breaking the law and discriminating, segregation would still be legal, women would still be denied the right to vote, etc. History time and time again shows that some people must be forced to adapt to a changing society if they wish to be integrated in that society. If you want to live in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with no interaction from society, by all means hold whatever archaic views you want. But when you attempt to operate within the confines of society, under the rule of law, there are things expected of you and if you can't comply, then you will face legal consequences.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Because if not, I'm going to make the obvious and legitimate assumption that you are just a hateful, ignorant bigot pulling nonsense out of your behind and claiming it's fact.
Works for me.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies