Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:10 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Nope, just like you fools I am a sinner too. I just recognize sin and try to avoid it when possible.
Evidently some here revel in sinning.

Here's the funny thing, if you guys are right and I am wrong then we all get a long dirt nap.
However if I am right and you are wrong; Well, it would really suck to be you then wouldn't it!

Have fun and keep your fingers crossed!

Proverbs 6

There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven things that are an abomination to him:

1 haughtniness - check
2 a lying tongue - check
3 hands that shed innocent blood- ?
4 a heart that devises wicked plans- check
5 feet that are swift to run to evil - check
6 a false witness who pours out lies - check
7 and a person who spreads discord among the community -check

Looks like you've got an almost perfect score just in this thread alone.

If you're 'right' - well it would really suck to be you wouldn't it.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:18 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
BEAVERTON, Ore. – Oregonians across the state got their first chance Thursday to sign a petition to put a gay marriage initiative on the 2014 ballot.

Gov. John Kitzhaber and former Gov. Barbara Roberts both signed the petition at an event at the Hotel Monaco in downtown Portland.
Quote:
Oregon United for Marriage, which established a committee with the secretary of state's office, set up events on Valentine's Day surrounding the petition drive and various religious leaders said they want people to know many faith communities support same-sex marriage.
Quote:
"This issue is personal for me, because I've been out as bisexual for over 30 years," said Rabbi Debra Kolodny at an event in Beaverton.

Rabbis and reverends spoke about the years of marrying others and now what they're hoping for themselves in Oregon.

"When about 15 years ago, we went to see the Victorian lights before Christmas in North Portland – I took her hand, and I said, 'I want to marry you,'" said the Rev. Jeanne Knepper about her partner the Rev. Marcia Hauer.
Religious leaders among those pushing for same-sex marriage | Politics | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

So, how 'bout that, NY Jew? A woman rabbi supports marriage equality! Or, maybe to you, she's not a "real" Jew?

Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Religious leaders among those pushing for same-sex marriage | Politics | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

So, how 'bout that, NY Jew? A woman rabbi supports marriage equality! Or, maybe to you, she's not a "real" Jew?
70% of Jews in this country support same-sex marriage. Reform is the largest division of Judaism and performs same-sex marriages and ordains gay Rabbis.

But I don't think NYJew considers anyone who isn't a gay hating ultra orthodox Jew to be a real Jew, or at least worthy of calling themselves one even if technically by law they are.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:20 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

He views her as Hellenistic.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4madonna View Post
"Normal community" ? So, are gays abnormal ?
What they do with each other isn't normal. So does that answer your question?

Old 02-15-2013, 02:30 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
According to whom?

Old 02-15-2013, 02:54 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Jew marriage violate my religious beliefs. Therefore, shouldn't Jewish people be banned from marrying?
so don't sell us a cake, or rent us a hall. We wouldn't want to give business to a anti semite anyway

Old 02-15-2013, 02:56 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
so don't sell us a cake, or rent us a hall. We wouldn't want to give business to a anti semite anyway
So you're okay with legal gay marriage as long as you don't have to sell cakes or rent halls to gay people? I thought you argued that simply allowing gay marriage violated the religious rights of Jewish people.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:56 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Define normal.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:01 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I know plenty of orthodox Jews. You must think I live under a rock.
Right now I see you as just another useless right winger.
what city do you live in?

are you even Jewish?

I can prove to you my view is mainstream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies