Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2013, 06:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
This is not a question what I would do, but what is morally right. If you ask a morally black person, you will get a morally black answer.

I will say this, I don't think the issue is newborns who die shortly thereafter birth. I think the parents are more concerned with babies with life long dysfunction like autism or down syndrome. A child that will permanently eat up their resources and make it harder for them to support healthy children.

I can understand where they're coming from, but that doesn't excuse aborting a baby that many weeks old.
No offense, Zombie, but I'm not sure you are the person we should be looking to when it comes to morals.

Now that you've proclaimed that you are the moral judge of all that is right and wrong - remind me again why it is that you would sell a gun to a six year old 'if he had the cash'.

Lastly, we don't have a flipping clue as to why or how this happened until further details are provided.

Oh, and I like your color assignments. What if I ask a morally blue person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 06:34 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Yup. The point people don't want to admit is this is all about her wanting her baby dead. It wasn't about saving her life. You're correct.If her life were in danger, they would not have forced her to travel out of state to have an aboriton. They would have delivered the baby at a hospital if she'd presented in danger of losing her life. But then the baby might have lived and she couldn't have that, hence traveling out of state to an abortion clinic. There can be no doubt that the abortion was about making sure the baby died.

I don't know for sure, but I linked some stats earlier on reasons women give for late term abortions and about 1/3 don't find out their baby is imperfect until the 3rd trimester and decide to terminate. Maybe this was one of those cases. Maybe she found out the baby was deformed or had down syndroms and didn't want it anymore.
And maybe she didn't. Why assume the worst about people?

Old 02-10-2013, 06:37 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh, and I like your color assignments. What if I ask a morally blue person?
He will lament about how there is no hope in the world as everyone was fallen.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:42 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Looks like you and plenty others are very judgemental yourselves..... Shame on you!!!

Quote:
Two people died here -- and some of you only care about the woman who wanted her baby murdered, and others of us care more about the innocent baby that was murdered. The baby was murdered, the woman just accidently lost her life having her baby destroyed.
There wasn't a baby involved. A fetus, maybe, but no breathing baby. You need to learn the stages of development during pregnancy. Life begins when the first breath is taken. No more, no less.

Quote:
It's your choice to care more about the killers, I and others care more about the only innocent one in this who did not choose death for anyone.
I care about the woman's right to do whatever she wants with her own body. I also care about getting facts straight, which you love to twist to your own evil agenda.

Fact is a fellow American is dead and all you want to do is **** on her corpse. You're sickening.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:43 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Yup. The point people don't want to admit is this is all about her wanting her baby dead. It wasn't about saving her life. You're correct.If her life were in danger, they would not have forced her to travel out of state to have an aboriton. They would have delivered the baby at a hospital if she'd presented in danger of losing her life. But then the baby might have lived and she couldn't have that, hence traveling out of state to an abortion clinic. There can be no doubt that the abortion was about making sure the baby died.

I don't know for sure, but I linked some stats earlier on reasons women give for late term abortions and about 1/3 don't find out their baby is imperfect until the 3rd trimester and decide to terminate. Maybe this was one of those cases. Maybe she found out the baby was deformed or had down syndroms and didn't want it anymore.
My guess is your guess is pretty good. It's legal in Maryland to abort a viable fetus affected by a genetic defect or serious deformity or abnormality. May be illegal in her home state so she went to Carhart.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Which is exactly why so few abortion deaths make it into the news. Most relatives of women like this aren't exactly going to put how she died while having having her baby killed entered into the obituary.

Just like many suicide deaths never make it into the news. Yes abortionists are doing very late term abortions, they'll do any thing for money and human life means nothing at all to them, only money does.

And yes women will go in for late term abortions, just like they'll throw a live newborn into a garbage can or try to flush a baby down a toilet. In Denver just the other day a young mother shot all three of her children --- including a 2 year old and 1 year old. You can wonder why such evil exists, but after Andrea Yates, no one should underestimate the killing capacity of mothers.
Very few obits give the cause of death. Occasionally, "a long illness", or sometimes, "following an auto accident", but that's about it, at least in my neck of the woods.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post

There wasn't a baby involved. A fetus, maybe, but no breathing baby. You need to learn the stages of development during pregnancy. Life begins when the first breath is taken. No more, no less.

I care about the woman's right to do whatever she wants with her own body. I also care about getting facts straight, which you love to twist to your own evil agenda.

Fact is a fellow American is dead and all you want to do is **** on her corpse. You're sickening.
I don't buy that either. There is no emphatic "when life begins". It's a philosophical question. Calling it a fetus or a baby is just an attempt at inward obfuscation. And the baby does indeed breath while in utero, albeit via amniotic fluid, but that certainly doesn't make it not alive. Trust me, if some person came up to me and stabbed my belly they would be killing my baby, not some non-living thing and this person would be charged with murder.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:03 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Very sad,poor baby didnt get a chance

Old 02-10-2013, 08:44 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't buy that either. There is no emphatic "when life begins". It's a philosophical question. Calling it a fetus or a baby is just an attempt at inward obfuscation. And the baby does indeed breath while in utero, albeit via amniotic fluid, but that certainly doesn't make it not alive. Trust me, if some person came up to me and stabbed my belly they would be killing my baby, not some non-living thing and this person would be charged with murder.
There's always a grey area when it comes to exceptions. I am of course only referring to an uneventful 9 month term pregnancy that goes correctly up to the birth of the newborn. When the baby comes out into the world for the very first time and takes it's first breath that's is when life starts.

This tragedy is being warped and desecrated by those who want skew this in a political way.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
There's always a grey area when it comes to exceptions. I am of course only referring to an uneventful 9 month term pregnancy that goes correctly up to the birth of the newborn. When the baby comes out into the world for the very first time and takes it's first breath that's is when life starts.
Just because you think that's the case doesn't mean it's really the case. It's more involved than that. I don't mean to argue because I'm certainly not on board with some of the bizarre attitudes and assumptions showcased in this thread, but there isn't much of an argument about whether life does or does not exist at 33 weeks.

Quote:
This tragedy is being warped and desecrated by those who want skew this in a political way.
Agreed. One thing I hope people keep in mind is the family of this dead woman and potentially dead baby. How sad would it be for them to run across horrific conversations like these online about their dead family members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies