Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2013, 06:41 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
What you hear is honesty. And stop lying, you're not saddened. You're throwing around political posturing and being dishonest.
What posture do you assume I've taken? I have not revealed my position on the issue, other than to say that I find it sad when Christians use their morals as an excuse to be cruel to those who are suffering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 06:43 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
What posture do you assume I've taken? I have not revealed my position on the issue, other than to say that I find it sad when Christians use their morals as an excuse to be cruel to those who are suffering.
Your position is crystal clear. You're trying to taint everyone who considers this woman's actions wrong as sick, cruel, whatever to squash conversation. It doesn't work that way with me. I wasn't born yesterday. Being honest is never cruel.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
In the article posted below, it says that the baby had developed some "abnormalities" (whatever that means). It was still a very poor decision - one that the mother paid for with her life.

Jennifer Morbelli (29) died following a late-term abortion - MyDeathSpace.com

"Four days prior to her death, McKenna-Morbelli visited a Germantown, Md., abortion clinic to begin a several-day procedure to terminate her 33-week pregnancy after discovering her unborn child had developed fetal abnormalities. "

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-20-2013, 06:59 PM

What isn't being discussed is that at 29 she's too old to be having children. She should have had them 10 years ago when her body was at its strongest and intended for children. This is how silly our society is, it ignores nature. My bet is these abnormalities would grind to almost nothing if women had their children earlier.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Your position is crystal clear. You're trying to taint everyone who considers this woman's actions wrong as sick, cruel, whatever to squash conversation. It doesn't work that way with me. I wasn't born yesterday. Being honest is never cruel.
Really? Replace "wrong" with "as within her rights." Sound like anyone you know?

Quote:
What isn't being discussed is that at 29 she's too old to be having children. She should have had them 10 years ago when her body was at its strongest and intended for children. This is how silly our society is, it ignores nature. My bet is these abnormalities would grind to almost nothing if women had their children earlier.
Ignore my first comment in this post. I mistook you for someone who could use logic when you are hit over the head over it. You most recent post illustrates this is not the case.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:02 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Please could you provide the following information so we can have an informed discussion:

1) What was this woman's medical history and state of health prior to the abortion?

2) Why was she having the abortion?

3) What was the state of the fetus/baby prior to the procedure? Was the fetus alive, were there fetal abnormalities?
Well it wouldn't be an abortion then, would it?

Old 02-20-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Really? Replace "wrong" with "as within her rights." Sound like anyone you know?
Just because something is legally sanctioned doesn't make it moral or immoral, just legally sanctioned.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Ignore my first comment in this post. I mistook you for someone who could use logic when you are hit over the head over it. You most recent post illustrates this is not the case.
Like most women (and men for that matter) I'm pretty sure you don't know what logic means.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:07 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Just because something is legally sanctioned doesn't make it moral or immoral, just legally sanctioned.
Different moral paradigms exist. Just because someone doesn't adhere to your particular sense of morality doesn't mean that s/he is immoral. In fact, morality and the law can align with one another. Doesn't always but it certainly can. Or are you claiming that you are a legal positivist? If so, you must then admit then that a law denying women the right to abortion is not automatically moral.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Different moral paradigms exist. Just because someone doesn't adhere to your particular sense of morality doesn't mean that s/he is immoral. In fact, morality and the law can align with one another. Doesn't always but it certainly can. Or are you claiming that you are a legal positivist? If so, you must then admit then that a law denying women the right to abortion is not automatically moral.
Obviously everyone condemning this woman is doing so on their morals. What we do is give some moral "truths" (that we understand everyone to share) and try to build up logical arguments for why this holds for this case.

What the lot of you are doing is crying that we can't judge. You're damn sure that we're going to judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies