Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 11:53 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,033,492 times

Advertisements

Didn't Ben get his start delivering pizzas for Hermie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 12:01 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,533,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
I would seriously consider voting for him...

The Wall Street Journal: Ben Carson for President - WSJ.com
Just another "wanna be" who tells people what "should be".

When/if they have the greatest potential for fund raising, they get their party's nomination.

When/if the money can persuade enough people to buy into the " what should be", he/she will likely get elected.

Turning " should be" into done is a whole different ball of wax.

No " should be" gets accomplished without the pork, even when the pork is contrary to the objective.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:18 PM

918 posts, read 814,874 times
[quote=rorqual;28273862]BECAUSE I FIGURED HE WOULD JUST BE FUMING.

Quote:
Are you just being dense or are you a Tea Partier?
Ah! So now you out looking for "whipping boy" and being a "racist" and "evil" Tea Party member would satisfy you, huh! That's interesting. You're starting to fall into a well-worn, cliche category.

Quote:
Even before Carson met Obama he "figured he would just be fuming". So he had some preconceived notion of how Obama would react to his speech at the NATIONAL PRAYER BREAKFAST WHICH WAS NOT A ONE-On-ONE POLITICAL SMACKDOWN.
Hmmm. I don't read it quite that way. Your take on the doctor paints him as an aggressive provacateur just itching for a contentious confrontation. That doesn't square at all with the doctor's background, but you wouldn't know about that too much...would you. I don't see that at all. I see a principled fellow who came to this prayer breakfast to state something he deeply and sincerely believes in and was naturally uncomfortable about it. He was though personally committed to not stand by and bear witness to evil without fighting for change. You don't know him, so you impose your well-nurtured leftist motivations to and upon him.

Obozo came, because he saw political advantage. End of story.

Two entirely different breeds of cat, but you can't see that. You appear to be a fellow with a preconceived conclusion in mind, out to fill in the blanks and make it appear you are right. It ain't a-working' neighbor, because you're gonna run into me at every turn and I'll speak the truth again. Better you do as I've suggested, look inward. Confront The Man in The Mirror. You may not like what you see, but work on it...it'll get better.

Quote:
And in that article Carson explicitly states that blacks aren't thinking for themselves.
And he couldn't be more accurate! Here you've made your biggest blunder. You stumbled right over the sad truth and failed to even realize it, because you've been so well-conditioned. I'll let you dwell on that for a while, but if you need assistance I'll help you out..., just ask. I can give you a big clue though.

Before Obozo blacks voted demonRATic with about a 96% of their votes cast as a predictable pattern for over a half-century. It's not a recent trend at all. Up until the Truman years blacks were pretty much ambivalent in and about whether to vote, but when old Harry Truman took steps to integrate the armed forces about 70+%, by my recall, started to identify ad stand with his party, the loyal opposition of the Democratic Party. That % rose some and fell some until the 60s and when Grandpa Lyndon saw how he could capture the vote of a generation of people by seducing them and laying out all manner of paternal and social benefits upon them, they flocked to his side. From the advent of the Not-So-Great-Society, blacks were the fodder for political, demonRATic "whitey" and his black co-conspirators. Well neighbor, they never looked back and from then forward that same federal government teat, albeit more wrinkled and dried-up now, has been left hanging out as a black voter recruitment tool. An evil enterprise from any view of judgment and one America should be ashamed of but she's not, because what has she done? She elected a mulatto President of dysfunctional familial background and radical agitator influences who sold himself to black and white voters as their Hope and Change salvation. And so Americans, eaily led around by the nose, handed over their votes to this False Messiah and were joined by well-intented, but easily led white sheeple of the middle-class. And guess what?

In the main, blacks now are...
STILL ghettoized in the major cities of the north and south;
they STILL making less money and are less successful thn their white counterparts:
they are STILL committing more and more black-on-black crime;
they are STILL in the majority products of broken homes and families and, a new nightmare has come to being as a result of such social dysfunction. Youth gangs are all the rage. Life has become a cheap experience for the hopeless, so they don't care anymore. From the inner city turf to the suburban alleys they're spreading like cancer and America continues it's political abuse of feeding that cancer.
The picture I painted is the legacy of The Nanny State AND it's all been political evil.

In my not so humble estimation, blacks NOW are WORSE OFF THAN EVER BEFORE.
Like Daddy said...'It's a great life if you don't weaken.'.
And now, like my Reverend friend is want to say...Along comes that Long-legged mack daddy to jerk their chains some more. Oh yeah mister rorqual, Doc Carson had ever reason to expect that Obozo would not receive his remarks too well, but he had the courage to get them out there...didn't he!

Quote:
It took Carson all of one week but multiple Hannity appearances to stoop down to Herman Cain levels of attacks..
You don't really want me to go at you over this one too! How come it has to be Herman Cain levels of attack? You ARE indeed one slow learner. You keep on keepin' on that attitude until it swallows you up.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:23 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,912,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
Before Obozo blacks voted demonRATic with about a 96% of their votes cast as a predictable pattern for over a half-century. It's not a recent trend at all. Up until the Truman years blacks were pretty much ambivalent in and about whether to vote, but when old Harry Truman took steps to integrate the armed forces about 70+%, by my recall, started to identify ad stand with his party, the loyal opposition of the Democratic Party. That % rose some and fell some until the 60s and when Grandpa Lyndon saw how he could capture the vote of a generation of people by seducing them and laying out all manner of paternal and social benefits upon them, they flocked to his side. From the advent of the Not-So-Great-Society,..
Stop it right there.

You need to read up on the "Southern Strategy" and how Republicans started courting disgruntled "Dixiecrats" after their disenchantment with the Civil Rights Act. Yes - the blacks flocked to the Democrat Party because of Civil Rights, not "handouts" or anything.

You are making the same mistake as Carson - labeling "blacks" as victims and mindless drones.

That will not do you or Ben Carson any favors. But then your post indicates that you are an extreme right winger so thats no surprise.

Last edited by rorqual; 02-16-2013 at 01:22 PM..

Old 02-16-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And that makes him qualified to be president?
Oh my Gawd...The circus is back in town. Tell me mister Cinebar did you ask that same question of Obozo? If you guys weren't so sad to behold you'd be funny. It's always about left and right for you isn't it. Never a moment to catch your breath and take a deep inhalation of common sense.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:27 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,222,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
Oh my Gawd...The circus is back in town. Tell me mister Cinebar did you ask that same question of Obozo? If you guys weren't so sad to behold you'd be funny. It's always about left and right for you isn't it. Never a moment to catch your breath and take a deep inhalation of common sense.
Well, aren't you just a one trick pony? LOL

President Obama had far more experience and was far better prepared to be president than some doctor you crazy wingers fell in love with after listening to a single speech.

Hahahaha.........

Old 02-16-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Thomas Sowell would make a great President. And he's 100% African-American; one who actually grew up in the ghetto, and achieved prominence and experience based on his own merit.
What does "100% African-American" mean to you?
If you tell me, I'll tell you what it means to me.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:29 PM

2,111 posts, read 2,588,443 times
[quote=doctorhugo;28274868]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
BECAUSE I FIGURED HE WOULD JUST BE FUMING.

Ah! So now you out looking for "whipping boy" and being a "racist" and "evil" Tea Party member would satisfy you, huh! That's interesting. You're starting to fall into a well-worn, cliche category.

Hmmm. I don't read it quite that way. Your take on the doctor paints him as an aggressive provacateur just itching for a contentious confrontation. That doesn't square at all with the doctor's background, but you wouldn't know about that too much...would you. I don't see that at all. I see a principled fellow who came to this prayer breakfast to state something he deeply and sincerely believes in and was naturally uncomfortable about it. He was though personally committed to not stand by and bear witness to evil without fighting for change. You don't know him, so you impose your well-nurtured leftist motivations to and upon him.

Obozo came, because he saw political advantage. End of story.

Two entirely different breeds of cat, but you can't see that. You appear to be a fellow with a preconceived conclusion in mind, out to fill in the blanks and make it appear you are right. It ain't a-working' neighbor, because you're gonna run into me at every turn and I'll speak the truth again. Better you do as I've suggested, look inward. Confront The Man in The Mirror. You may not like what you see, but work on it...it'll get better.

And he couldn't be more accurate! Here you've made your biggest blunder. You stumbled right over the sad truth and failed to even realize it, because you've been so well-conditioned. I'll let you dwell on that for a while, but if you need assistance I'll help you out..., just ask. I can give you a big clue though.

Before Obozo blacks voted demonRATic with about a 96% of their votes cast as a predictable pattern for over a half-century. It's not a recent trend at all. Up until the Truman years blacks were pretty much ambivalent in and about whether to vote, but when old Harry Truman took steps to integrate the armed forces about 70+%, by my recall, started to identify ad stand with his party, the loyal opposition of the Democratic Party. That % rose some and fell some until the 60s and when Grandpa Lyndon saw how he could capture the vote of a generation of people by seducing them and laying out all manner of paternal and social benefits upon them, they flocked to his side. From the advent of the Not-So-Great-Society, blacks were the fodder for political, demonRATic "whitey" and his black co-conspirators. Well neighbor, they never looked back and from then forward that same federal government teat, albeit more wrinkled and dried-up now, has been left hanging out as a black voter recruitment tool. An evil enterprise from any view of judgment and one America should be ashamed of but she's not, because what has she done? She elected a mulatto President of dysfunctional familial background and radical agitator influences who sold himself to black and white voters as their Hope and Change salvation. And so Americans, eaily led around by the nose, handed over their votes to this False Messiah and were joined by well-intented, but easily led white sheeple of the middle-class. And guess what?

In the main, blacks now are...
STILL ghettoized in the major cities of the north and south;
they STILL making less money and are less successful thn their white counterparts:
they are STILL committing more and more black-on-black crime;
they are STILL in the majority products of broken homes and families and, a new nightmare has come to being as a result of such social dysfunction. Youth gangs are all the rage. Life has become a cheap experience for the hopeless, so they don't care anymore. From the inner city turf to the suburban alleys they're spreading like cancer and America continues it's political abuse of feeding that cancer.
The picture I painted is the legacy of The Nanny State AND it's all been political evil.

In my not so humble estimation, blacks NOW are WORSE OFF THAN EVER BEFORE.
Like Daddy said...'It's a great life if you don't weaken.'.
And now, like my Reverend friend is want to say...Along comes that Long-legged mack daddy to jerk their chains some more. Oh yeah mister rorqual, Doc Carson had ever reason to expect that Obozo would not receive his remarks too well, but he had the courage to get them out there...didn't he!

You don't really want me to go at you over this one too! How come it has to be Herman Cain levels of attack? You ARE indeed one slow learner. You keep on keepin' on that attitude until it swallows you up.
So what would you say if a Obama was not in office and the President was white? Would you blame him for not bettering the social ills of black America? That is like me blaming Bush for the social ills not getting any better, just foolish. How are black people worse off ever than ever before? Especially with the numerous amount of black professionals? And even if Obama did try to do things to specifically help black people we would not hear the end of "how racist it is"!

Old 02-16-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:

President Obama had far more experience and was far better prepared to be president than some doctor you crazy wingers fell in love with after listening to a single speech.

Hahahaha.........
Okay mister C., I won't waste the forum's time with you. Please come back at me with another well-researched and intelligent response so all here can see how superfluous you are to life's passing parade. Thanks for accurately postioning yourself so I could readily identify you.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,033,492 times
Quote:

Hahahaha.........
Sean Hannity will try to keep him relevant but just like all of Hannity's heart throbs Carson will fade into obscurity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies