Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 08:48 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Looking at my tax bill every year, and then hearing the recipient class biatch and moan about needing more makes my skin crawl.

Yes. I have disdain for those who sit on their azz waiting for a check from my tax dollars.
Give us some specific examples of people in the "recipient class" doing this that you have personally witnessed.

BTW, does "the recipient class" include everyone receiving a check that is paid for by the taxpayers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Bull Crap.

Being rich doesn't make you productive, and being poor doesn't make you unproductive.

Just remember, just about anything you eat, comes via the hands of a poorer person, be it a farmer, a farm worker or one of your servants.
I call BS on this.

If not for someone who can run a farm, there would be no job picking it.

You lefties seem to think that poor people get together with a business plan and hire a person to run it for them.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
The rich need the poor.
No they don't.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Give us some specific examples of people in the "recipient class" doing this that you have personally witnessed.

BTW, does "the recipient class" include everyone receiving a check that is paid for by the taxpayers?
The recipient class that I refer to are those who have never contributed, but have taken out plenty.

Even if you "only" get $5,000 a year in benefits, but have never paid into the system, YOU are a recipient.....dependent upon others.

And don't give me that crap about sales tax.

I was raised in Philly....I've seen it many, many times.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:06 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,089 times
Quote:
The recipient class that I refer to are those who have never contributed, but have taken out plenty.

Even if you "only" get $5,000 a year in benefits, but have never paid into the system, YOU are a recipient.....dependent upon others.

And don't give me that crap about sales tax.

I was raised in Philly....I've seen it many, many times.
What percentage of the population do you believe has never contributed anything? This will give us significant insight into how your mind works.

About the only people in society I'm aware of who have never paid a dime to the maintenance of government are folks with severe disabilities.

If it were to be demonstrated that most SS recipients receive more than they paid in, would they constitute being leeches? What about government employees like soldiers, who might consume more in compensation than they ever pay in with their taxes? Leeches as well?

Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
So is so great about being poor that we spent a trillion dollars on them last year? I just don't see it. 50 years of failed Great Society programs and we have higher poverty rates than ever before. When do the poor worry about themselves and get to work to stop being poor?
perhaps when there are enough worthwhile jobs for them to do?

(note: this does not include non-jobs such as the leaf pickers)

Old 02-10-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
The poor depend on the rich.

It is far easier for a rich man to hire a poor person, than for a poor person to hire a rich person.

The poor should honor the productive members of society who foot the bill for them to eat.
could just as easily spin that one the other way around.

Total fail Alphamale, as usual

Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
That's not true at all. The poor shouldn't blame the rich for being broke.
This is, after all, the land of opportunity, right?
The rich are scum,they use poor people as stepping blocks to get to their riches and treat us like 2nd class citizens. I hate rich people as much as I hate cops.With a passion.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Not wanting to give people your money is hatred now?
It's narcissism in all it's evil splendor.

The rich will give money to other rich, quite happily in fact.

But come the day they have to pay a poor person, it's always the bare minimum or done with vile disdain and reluctance.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:27 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times
I'm poor and I hate the rich.
Do the rich hate me because I'm poor, or because I hate them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies