Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 11:46 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnik from my observation mnay of the threads are started by pro gay mebers;actaully. Its like this one you post. Why post of you want only positive comments on a public form of discussion.I fac the usage of homophobe is often used to decrbe anyone who isn't for marriage deficntion beng chnaged which IMO is like say radical gay is anyone for it.
I don't think everyone who speaks in discriminatory fashion against gays is a homophobe, some were simply raised with a mantra of discrimination , but I'd say most are.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:32 PM

316 posts, read 214,472 times
It is funny how certian groups want tolerance but are intolerant when anyone disagrees-hence 'homphobe'.
Consider these stories:
A student got in trouble for saying 'that's so gay' because other students were asking questions about her Catholic religion.
When Constance Mcmillen asked tolerance, LGBT supporters went on the war path threatening students and teachers. In one forum I am a member of, a oster wanted to forward letters to colleges the kids were considering. I don't think she ever did, Isn't that libel and slander? They had a gentle reminder about cyberstalking.
And you would have thought Carrie Prejean commited an awful crime by just dsiagreeing with gay marriage. What was the crime here? She said nothing deregatory about LGBT.

Tolerance is a two way street. Disagreement isn't bigotry. Bigotry is intolerance of any opinons or lifestyles other than your own. By the definition of bigotry, ANYONE can fit it from atheists to Christians. You can tolerate a lifestyle but no one can be forced anyone else to accept anything.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:35 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
90% of posters on this forum are young and pro-gay. The few that are anti-gay simply start a lot of threads. Many more are started by pro-gay posters though. Homosexuality really deserves its own forum on this board.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:28 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
90% of posters on this forum are young and pro-gay. The few that are anti-gay simply start a lot of threads. Many more are started by pro-gay posters though. Homosexuality really deserves its own forum on this board.
Actually, the overwhelming majority of "gay" threads are started by the anti-gay crowd.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:02 PM

554 posts, read 608,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Actually, the overwhelming majority of "gay" threads are started by the anti-gay crowd.
This is absolutely true, from the count I keep, anyway.

And it's always the same people. They don't want a discussion, and their minds will never change, so it's useless arguing with them. I find myself, however, responding to their inane bigotry now and then, because it's fun to get under their skin.

Not ONE of them, by the way, has directly answered the question: what business is it of yours who marries whom ?

Old 02-24-2013, 11:07 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
That is what I have noticed too, at least 90% are started by anti gay posters.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:13 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Posts like this illustrate their own form of left wing bigotry and prejudice that is every bit as bad as the homophobes'. Forcing one's beliefs down everyone's throats is not the unique domain of the right wing. Need I remind anyone that Communist China, Russia, & Cuba all were/are left wing dictatorships?
How is it being intolerant supporting equal rights for everyone? As far as forcing beliefs down your throat, I don't know of anyone wanting to force you to marry a homosexual.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:17 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
None of us forgot about China, USSR, or Cuba, man.
And we're supposed to look up to such communist countries, because they don't allow any gay rights, including same sex marriage? The USSR is just a fallen empire from the past.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
If you're a restaurant owner, try telling a blind woman that she can't bring her seeing-eye dog to the table.

If you're a landlord, try refusing to rent to a black person because they're black.

If you're an employer, try telling a woman that, sorry, we hire men only for this position.

Yes, there are protected classes. Where did you get the understanding that there are not ?
actually one can refuse for any reason they so choose. people for example discriminate all the time when hiring people. is it fair? no but the law sucks like that and my life is living proof of how unfair the law/corporations etc are.
the reason they get away with it is they hide it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma View Post
It is funny how certian groups want tolerance but are intolerant when anyone disagrees-hence 'homphobe'.
Consider these stories:
A student got in trouble for saying 'that's so gay' because other students were asking questions about her Catholic religion.
When Constance Mcmillen asked tolerance, LGBT supporters went on the war path threatening students and teachers. In one forum I am a member of, a oster wanted to forward letters to colleges the kids were considering. I don't think she ever did, Isn't that libel and slander? They had a gentle reminder about cyberstalking.
And you would have thought Carrie Prejean commited an awful crime by just dsiagreeing with gay marriage. What was the crime here? She said nothing deregatory about LGBT.

Tolerance is a two way street. Disagreement isn't bigotry. Bigotry is intolerance of any opinons or lifestyles other than your own. By the definition of bigotry, ANYONE can fit it from atheists to Christians. You can tolerate a lifestyle but no one can be forced anyone else to accept anything.
I think the OP is not saying that. the issue is infringing on other's freedom. with the way some of these people word things, one would come to the logical conclusion that they have intentions of overstepping their boundaries

but regardless being gay is inborn. you can't disagree with it as they did not choose to be that way.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:31 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
baloney i lived in SF for 10 years and know castro st well. visit it frequently.
sitting stark naked on sunday across from gold gym at noon, is not living like anyone else. giving me graphic
details of your sex life when i try to get my newspaper off dolores park, is not living life like anyone else. your whitewash of the castro st lifestyle and new orleans condom gay parades is far from convincing.
much work needs to be done in the gay community to restore it to its pleasant and congenial past before the militants took it over.
You think Castro St represents the entire gay community? Or that every other gay person in the world needs to "answer for them?" That's like saying Mardi Gras represents all young straight people, and some 20yo virgin in Kansas should be ashamed of their behavior.

P.S. How do you know the orientation of naked guy? Don't tell me "because he was on Castro," as I'm from SF, and have known tons of straight folks who lived in and/or hung out on Castro - myself (and apparently YOU) included.

P.P.S. Great post, OP!! I'd rep you if I could, but have to spread the love... too bad the usual suspects won't get it, and will just continue sticking their judgmental noses in your business. Weird, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies