Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 05:53 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,411,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I nominate this as the stupidest post of the decade!! Do I have a second?
I will. Or did you already get a second. If you did can I third?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 05:55 PM

2,838 posts, read 3,480,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Refusal to defend Defense of Marriage Act

President Obama announced in 2011 that his administration believed the Defense of Marriage Act, or DOMA, to be unconstitutional and instructed the Justice Department to no longer defend it in court.

Read more at The growing case for impeachment of Obama

Not impeachable. That has been done before, including by George W. Bush

During the Eisenhower, Kennedy and Truman administrations, the presidents, in one form or another, refused to defend separate-but-equal facilities in schools and hospitals. The Ford Justice Department refused to defend the post-Watergate campaign finance law, much of which was subsequently upheld by the Supreme Court. The Reagan administration refused to defend the independent counsel law, a law subsequently upheld by the Supreme Court by a 7-to-1 vote. It also refused to defend the one-house legislative veto of many executive actions; in that case, the administration was more successful, winning 7-2 in the Supreme Court. The Clinton administration refused to defend a federal law mandating the dismissal of military personnel who were HIV-positive. The George W. Bush administration refused to defend a federal law that denied mass-transit funds to any transportation system that displayed ads advocating the legalization of marijuana. And in the George H.W. Bush administration, the Justice Department refused to defend a federal law providing affirmative action in the awarding of broadcasting licenses — a law subsequently upheld by the Supreme Court by a narrow 5-4 vote.

The Volokh Conspiracy » Precedent for Presidential Refusal to Defend Statutes the Administration Believes to be Unconstitutional

You're right right on all counts. As for DOMA. that's about to be ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court as well.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
He'd play the race card, sadly.
If he got impeached, the libs would cliff jump in droves, just like they did when their perverted hero got impeached lol
Did somebody say race card?

"[the Media] are doubly scared that a real black man might run against Barack Obama"
-Herman Cain, March 30, 2011
(Right after saying this Cain proclaimed that his being the Republican nominee would "take the race card off the table")

Obama is not a strong black man"

"A real black man is not timid about making the right decisions"
Herman Cain, June 30, 2011

"it is documented that [Obama's] mother was white and his father was from Africa."
Herman Cain, June 30, 2011”
(Right after saying this Cain sanctimoniously proclaimed "but I'm not going down this color road")

Obama has "never Been A Part Of The Black Experience In America"
Herman Cain, Oct 10 or 11, 2011

Add to the above his statement that Jon Stewart is racist

Add his black people are brainwashed statement

Note, all of the above were made knowing the it was on the record and in some cases being recorded. All were also made while he was running for President (this time, not in 2000)

Old 02-10-2013, 05:58 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,868,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Stupidest Thread - who's with me????
What makes is stupid?
The fact that you don't like the content?

Do you have anything of substance to say?

Old 02-10-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
What's the difference?

Old 02-10-2013, 06:00 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,484,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Very interesting article with plenty of facts supporting impeachment of King Obama.

If any liberals are foolish enough to comment on this thread in support of Obama, it will be because they didn't read the article.
I read it.

Guess what?

"Probably" doesn't mean **** in the real world.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:01 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,250,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Did somebody say race card?

"[the Media] are doubly scared that a real black man might run against Barack Obama"
(Right after saying this Cain proclaimed that his being the Republican nominee would "take the race card off the table")

Obama is not a strong black man"

"A real black man is not timid about making the right decisions"
Herman Cain, June 30, 2011

"it is documented that [Obama's] mother was white and his father was from Africa."
Herman Cain, June 30, 2011”
(Right after saying this Cain sanctimoniously proclaimed "but I'm not going down this color road")

Obama has "never Been A Part Of The Black Experience In America"
Herman Cain, Oct 10 or 11, 2011

Add to the above his statement that Jon Stewart is racist

Add his black people are brainwashed statement

Note, all of the above were made knowing the it was on the record and in some cases being recorded. All were also made while he was running for President (this time, not in 2000)

Why is herman "uncle ruckus" cain even mentioned in intelligent conversation?

Old 02-10-2013, 06:09 PM

33,944 posts, read 22,345,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
What makes is stupid?
The fact that you don't like the content?

Do you have anything of substance to say?
Please tell me - what impeachable offense President Obama has committed since his re-election. I'm curious.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:11 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,250,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Common decency? 2000 guns walked across the mexican border compliments of the federal government and killed countless mexican citizens and at least one US Border Patrol agent and you have the gahl to talk about decency? If you have evidence of what you speak, take it to the feds. If not you may want to consider keeping your unsubstantiated opinions private.
Why because one incidence which was supervised locally got out of hand and you want to impeach the president? Meanwhile the atrocities that were commited by the previous adminstration is ignored, but I'm like alot of normal and rational people are suppose to pretend like nothing like this happened before 2008 As far as "evidence" I have seen it whenever I go to work and see veterans all jacked up because of multiple tours to a place that they never should have gone in the first place. How about the "evidence" that a company like haliburton was financially strapped until dick "darth vader" cheney manipulated a no-bid contract with the military and provided less than what they should have and were responsible for electrical shower deaths and other injuries due to faulty materials. This is including the "evidence" that they make millions a year from Dubai limiting their taxes while milking the government in no-bid contracts

Old 02-10-2013, 06:17 PM

36,649 posts, read 18,610,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Very interesting article with plenty of facts supporting impeachment of King Obama.

If any liberals are foolish enough to comment on this thread in support of Obama, it will be because they didn't read the article.
The source is World Net Daily. I don't have time for tabloid fiction and yellow journalism.

If you have evidence, submit it to your congressperson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies