Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 02:40 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

1) establish oriental trade with the western hemisphere at the same time as Europe.

If not that then

2) Christopher Columbus lands in Maine and not the Caribbean

If not that, then

3) England grants the colonies representation

If not that, then

4) Communism isn't depicted as a viable economic theory

If not that then...

...Napoleon Bonaparte never goes to conquest, United States never acquires the Louisiana Purchase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 02:41 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Oh I almost forgot, exterminate Justin Bieber.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:43 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Default If you could go back in time and change 5 things about history

I would show the natives what will happen to them if they allow the white man to take their country.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:10 PM

37,191 posts, read 19,200,869 times
1) Portuguese slave traders would have been killed by the native tribesmen immediately upon setting foot on the shore in West Africa.
2) European Immigrants would have been forced to adopt the culture and language of the Native Americans when they came to America. All land would be held in common for the common good and only what was needed for life taken from it, and America would be a true melting pot that welcomed all comers. Those who were not tradesmen would farm to earn their living. There would be no currency; barter would be the method of exchange for goods and services.
3) There would have been no Industrial revolution. All goods would be individually handmade to last by skilled craftsmen who were valued for their knowledge and craftsmanship. The idea of corporations would not exist. Flintlock rifles and pistols would be state-of-the-art firearms.
4) Common law would be that any and all who promoted the idea of war would be considered insane and confined for the remainder of thier natural lives.
5) Nathan Bedford Forrest, Adolph Hitler, All of the Popes, and Preston Bush would have been aborted in the first trimester.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
1)
4) Common law would be that any and all who promoted the idea of war would be considered insane and confined for the remainder of thier natural lives.
Barack Obama is insane and should be confined for the rest of his natural life?

Old 02-10-2013, 03:17 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
2) European Immigrants would have been forced to adopt the culture and language of the Native Americans when they came to America. All land would be held in common for the common good and only what was needed for life taken from it, and America would be a true melting pot that welcomed all comers. Those who were not tradesmen would farm to earn their living. There would be no currency; barter would be the method of exchange for goods and services.
This outcome is a recipe for people in North America to be speaking German and/or Japanese in 2013.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
The election of GWB!!!!

Old 02-10-2013, 03:25 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The election of GWB!!!!
We have a Winner!!!!

Old 02-10-2013, 03:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
What would it be?
For myself it would be this
1. To destroy christianity before it was allowed to take hold,its become a religion of destroying western culture by allowing ourselves to be overrun and bullied by adhering to such a disgusting religion

Glad you cleared that up.

I was fearing someone would read your stereotypical "the South will rise again" and mistake you for a Christian.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
What would it be?
For myself it would be this
1. To destroy christianity before it was allowed to take hold,its become a religion of destroying western culture by allowing ourselves to be overrun and bullied by adhering to such a disgusting religion
2.Make sure the US never adopted the constitution but stayed with the AOC instead,if that wasn't possible then clarify several positions especially the 2nd amendment and the sovereignty of every state
3.War for southern independence give the CSA modern weapons to defeat the tyrants in the north
4.Germany 1941 persuade Hitler to not invade Russia but to end the war in the west first. Then take out the communist horde.
5.This one is more of a dream is to be allowed to live from the beginning of time knowing what I know now and to change the course of history. Meet great hero's of mine Lindbergh,Davis,Lee,Charlemagne,Hitler,Mussolini,P inochet,Franco etc etc...many many more...

What's yours and why?
I don't think I would post the names of my heros if they matched yours. wow! I love your view on our constitution and Christianity as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies