Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 08:58 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner
I hate to burst your bubble but all he knew in a little over a year as a probational officer was spilled out in his manifesto. While in the academy he states he was in a van and heard somebody say "n-gger" and he went after the fellow recruit. He could have been bounced out of the academy right then and there....but he wasn't.

He wasn't cutting it on probation (partially due to a military deployment, which ultimately delayed him being fired) and asked to recycle through the academy which isn't something they allow. Every time he had an unsatisfactory review, he blamed it on being in the military and openly stated that in the military they did things a different and better way. He wasn't part of any elite LAPD teams or apart of any big busts or even remotely connected to any of operations where he could name names or have any information.

He didn't get along with his training officer while on probation and with those unsatisfactory reports they also could have had him terminated....but he wasn't. From there he says he witnessed his female training officer use excessive force in kicking a handcuffed suspect in the head/face very hard. None of the witnesses saw it, there were no marks on the suspect, and some witnesses openly stated that they not only did not see it, but they saw the entire arrest and it didn't happen. Once the complaint was deemed "unfounded" he tried recruiting other officers to say they had seen this woman beat other suspects.

He was married, briefly and his ex claimed he was a paranoid nut job and divorced him.

He was disciplined for it but fought the disciplinary action all the way to a BOR where you knowingly go into it knowing you can either be exonerated, get a few days off...or be terminated. He had an attorney, presented a defense...and lost. He appealed..and lost.

Like many other people, he lost his job, his wife and blamed everybody but himself and decided to seek revenge on people he believed had wronged him. He shoots his attorney's daughter and fiancee and then goes on his spree, actively saying he'll shoot officers small children at school and anybody connected to law enforcement in any shape or form.

The LAPD made it clear that at any time he could surrender, but he chose not to. When he was in the cabin he could have surrendered, but he chose not to. Should the police have just surrounded the place and taken fire until he decided to give up? Anybody approaching that cabin would have been shot without hesitation by Dorner so lobbing in either tear gas or incendiary devices to smoke him out is somehow a tragedy...when this guy is the one who had already killed people.

Many of you are just plain ****ing stupid...
This post pretty much sums it up. **** Dorner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times
Yea, supporting a black man who is a coward and a murderer? The majority of black people are more intelligent than that. The others, just like the morons here who have posted he is their "hero". Sick, twisted and disgusting people who need mental help.

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Why did you post it on the black history month thread
Because he was black and a part of history.

1,520 posts, read 1,873,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Very immature, savage way of looking at things.

Choosing to take someone else's life changes nothing and it never will. Doing so almost always makes things worse.

I'm wasting my time. You are interested only in bloodlust and fantasy revenge while refusing to mull the actuality of the things you propose. Like I said, immature and savage.
I agree with you. I am not saying you should kill people. But I understand why he did what he did. He had reasons and good ones.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:59 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What do you choose?
I'm too hard headed to choose to anything. It's both of a blessing and curse of my people. I want to live in peace and solitude. I like to argue politics. But I will defend myself. Like I said it's both a curse and blessing of my people.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:59 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,873,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Where in this country are you, my friend?
Chicago (actually Arlington Heights Illinois to be exact).

Old 02-14-2013, 09:02 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
But the better question would be why did you (a non-Black person) even feel compelled to dishonor the intent of the Black History thread (which I created) by posting about Chris Dorner in a thread that is about honor, sacrifice and striving for greatness against the odds?
I deleted it because I re-read your OP and decided to keep within the positive spirit of why you created the thread.

The importance of only citing black people who have made positive contributions is why I criticized the inclusion of Barack Obama.

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
Fugitive former cop becomes vigilante hero

On Twitter, many African-Americans are describing Dorner as a black icon, saying his actions should be cemented in Black History Month folklore. Others express sympathy for the lives Dorner took, but believe he is the victim of a racist police department in Los Angeles. Some feel he will become a martyr if he is to die fighting police.
"God speed, Chris Dorner. It's about time someone did something about crooked cops," one user wrote.
"Christopher Jordan Dorner...another black man set up by the man," another chimed.
On Facebook, praise for Dorner's violent actions has been less scattered, instead organized around the belief that Dorner is a man of integrity driven to commit justifiable violence by the Los Angeles Police Department's mistreatment of him
More racism showing its ugly face.

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Why did you post it on the black history month thread
The answer is that racists can not stand anything positive that runs counter to their bigotry. It eats them up like a cancer rotting their guts from the inside out. Several people did similar things in that thread (are were promptly reported)

3,168 posts, read 2,062,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
Chicago (actually Arlington Heights Illinois to be exact).
How much (ballpark) does your job pay you. Maybe I can do better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies