Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 11:36 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,302 times

Advertisements

Wll...not me.
I haven't been keeping up. All I know is that he's some guy that has apparently killed some people, and that the cops are angry at him...also, LAPD cops....that he was a reject, or a drop out...or something.

Don't even know if he's dead or alive.

Last edited by dub dub II; 02-14-2013 at 11:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Well you have stupid commentators like Marc Lamont Hill, (professor at Columbia, BTW, and regular contributor on CNN) saying things like this:

Marc Lamont Hill: Dorner's "Exciting" Rampage Like "Watching Django Unchained In Real Life" | RealClearPolitics
either you didnt watch the video or you are intentionally misleading people.

He was saying that the morons out there ( like the ones on this site) were rooting for them. He didnt say it was right, he was pointing out their train of thought and why they were rooting for him.

And why did you call him a regular CNN contributor ? besides this video the only place i have seen him was fox, did he get fired and move to CNN ?

Old 02-14-2013, 11:43 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
either you didnt watch the video or you are intentionally misleading people.

He was saying that the morons out there ( like the ones on this site) were rooting for them. He didnt say it was right, he was pointing out their train of thought and why they were rooting for him.

And why did you call him a regular CNN contributor ? besides this video the only place i have seen him was fox, did he get fired and move to CNN ?
I have ONLY seen him on Fox news, I tell you when people get so hellbent on an agenda facts do not matter. As evident of this very site!

Old 02-14-2013, 11:54 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
FTR, most of the people I've encountered who are worshipping him are white conspiracy theorists.

If the average black American sympathizes with him at all, I'd imagine it's because of the legacy of the LAPD's mistreatment of black people (hint: they're still a horrifically corrupt, racist institution). I don't think that they want to be associated with a man who gunned down the daughter of an enemy and her fiance... the latter of whom happened to be black as well.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
First off, I'm a black man, however, how is it hero worship? Simple, YOU and your "friends" have the facts completely wrong and continue to promote the false set of facts. The true facts are as follows:

The suspect WAS NOT handcuffed, he was being handcuffed; as in arrested when suspects fight. THREE independent witnesses said the officer DID NOT kick the suspect. An appeals court judge reviewed the evidence against Dorner, including listening to Dorner and his attorneys. The judge upheld his conviction.

Finally, Dorner made the complaint against his training officer (the superior you refer too), AFTER, I repeat, AFTER this training officer wrote a poor evaluation of Dorner, informed her superiors he was emotionally unstable and should be pulled off the street. Furthermore, Dorner was told he was being pulled off the street, THEN he made the complaint.

You don't see an issue there? You don't see how all these nut cases standing up for Dorner, including his completely checkered past, when his exgirlfriend, in 2006, BEFORE he was a police officer, said he was "paranoid" and mentally unstable?

Its hero worship, because people like you and his "fans," REFUSE to accept the truth and put the full truth out there and cherry pick pieces, to make Dorner look like he was persecuted. He wasn't.

Thank you for a very positive post. I have many black friends who are so dear to me, and they also feel as you do, it is refreshing and positive.

You just repeated exactly what they did on two different newsoutlets tonight talking about Dorner and his past. They also mentioned his exgirlfriend in 2006 and went on from there.

They said he started changing, and they really do not know why.

I found some things out tonight i find odd.

I already wrote how my niece was very good friends with Monica Quan. She is taking her death very bad.

What i did not know till tonight.

Is that while the Big Bear incident was going on, My cousin, and her Aunt live up there, and own a business, in which everyone knows her. They are a tight nit family.

She was the one giving me details, as i typed that day. I found out tonight, she did not tell me that day, that she knew Dorner very well, he use to come into her business and buy from her. She says he was cordial, and nice, and always strike up a nice conversation with her. Her husband now deceased, also use to communicate with Dorner, on a business level.

Found out also tonight that my sister inlaw who works with another women who is best friends with the two women who got shot in Torrance.

I did not know that family members of mine, somehow knew so many of the people whose lives were taken.

Small world, enjoy it to the fullest.

I really appreciate people like you, who look for the facts! And do not try to change the facts, and make the truth appear something it is not, thank you.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:16 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
This thread is ridiculous.

I am white and supported his cause of exposing the corruption that is not only infested in our public institutions and services that we pay money for, but also support those that shine the light on the cockroaches in higher positions, such as on Wall Street and DC.

I don't agree on how he went about it, since he is alleged to have killed innocent people, but I have a hard time holding any more fury and anger against him than I do the corrupt cops that put a 100 bullet holes in a truck with 2 innocent women, or the innocents killed by the governments hand here and aboard as well. There are a Lot of Hypocrites.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:17 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
A guy promise's to murder innocent people "in place of a system he disagrees and then goes out and murders people including a young girl and people think there is something more to talk about other then a biological entity less then animal..?

by his own choice he reduced himself to that of a "rabid animal "

He removed himself not only from the species but the order of life by killing the innocent taking "their blood...not his....and trying to shove it down the throat of society in his twisted reversed and darksome evil chalice of nothingness.

All thats left is prayers for the souls of the victims , their families and comrades who will miss them, and a prayer for the being in this criminal that in some moment courage and humility was possible for forgiveness, for the sake of truth and all that is known .

Old 02-15-2013, 12:24 AM

700 posts, read 637,730 times
They justify murdering innocent civilians merely due to their association to individuals who haven't even been charged with a crime, much less been found guilty of such in a court of law...

...yet want us to fear the government.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:36 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You somehow did not know that Black history month is the celebration of black achievement and not killers.
Dorner achieved quite a bit in his short life.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
True but those ethnicities contributions to history aren't the focus of curriculums during those months like is done with BHM.
So are you basically saying that we need to get rid of BHM?

I'm cool with that under certain conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies