Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
How many rounds in the pump action?
Alas only 3. Knowing my dear wife, I wish it was 6, she would probably like to fire 5 warning shots.

I wouldn't miss with any of them.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:46 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I'm really loving the fact that, some believe that having guns, even if they do have assault rifles, will protect them against the government should it misbehave.

Go right ahead, load that rifle. Get your friends to do the same. Sit ready for the government to come. Wait what was that??? BAM! a huge explosion disorients you only for you to find out that one of your buddy's limbs has landed in your lap. Then you notice fighter jets a few thousand feet above then run for the hills only to be taken out by tank rounds and artillery fire. It's at that point you realize that the government, the one you swore you would fight has an overwhelming superiority in firepower.

Anyone who uses this as a reason needs to be committed to an asylum. Retards!
At the risk of going too far off topic...

Look at one ex LA Police officer and a gun has done... within a little over a week has become Americas' most wanted with the full resources numbering thousands devoted to stopping him...

Old 02-11-2013, 09:46 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,714,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
If the amendment isn't valid... why not simply seek to have it repealed?
Because it's easier to regulate.

Having the constitution amended is a long arduous process, and that's even if enough people are on board to actually do it. It's evident that appealing the 2nd amendment is a non-starter.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:52 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
At the risk of going too far off topic...

Look at one ex LA Police officer and a gun has done... within a little over a week has become Americas' most wanted with the full resources numbering thousands devoted to stopping him...
Ultrarunner, what does that have to do with anything in my post?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,087,251 times
Quote:
He has created some disorder......hasn't done anything to disrupt the government though.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,790 times
Quote:
Ultra-runner gave you a real world and present example on just how significant an impact a person can make with a gun which flies in the face of your commentary that such individuals cannot make an impact and would necessarily sit waiting around for their 'limbs to be blown off' by pew pew missiles flying out of the air.

Look at what the crazy screw ball bill laden did w/o guns .. costed us trillions of dollars .. look at what his intent was :
Bin Laden: Goal is to bankrupt U.S. - CNN

As with many of your other posts, it seems the real world application of things is lost on you.
Take a minute and try to calculate how many millions has been and will be spent tracking down this nutjob in LA. Calculate the Trillions we spent on Bin Laden.

Now try to use those brain cells in your head and calculate if it is financially possible to pew pew missles at every screw ball w/ a gun. Do you know how much each of those cool missiles costs? : one of the cheaper ones goes for around $115k and is a shoulder fire.

Where'd you get your understanding of engagement? a movie?.

Relation to topic : The 2nd amendment was created namely to protect against a tyrannical govt. and with over 350 million of them in the U.S and basic understanding of guerrilla warfare and asymmetrical warfare.. and jeez history.. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that, if our govt. went tyrannical, that it would be hard pressed to fight against its citizens... Which is a big reason you sit so comfy in your chair right now...

Further, if Mr.bad guy broke into your peaceful little home w/ a gun , I am assuming you wouldn't be so mouthy ranting about those who choose to be legally armed in this country to defend against such evil.

Rockets b.t.w can't be fired into urban/suburban areas .. other things explode around them and that sort of isn't cool. I mean, say your neighbor is mr.cool guy waiting to get limbs blown off .. a nice pew pew rocket might blow yours off too.

The brains in people sometimes.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
He has created some disorder......hasn't done anything to disrupt the government though.
Bin Laden did too.. I think it was approx 1-2 trillion dollars worth.
Bin Laden: Goal is to bankrupt U.S. - CNN

"He said the mujahedeen fighters did the same thing to the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s, "using guerrilla warfare and the war of attrition to fight tyrannical superpowers."

"We, alongside the mujahedeen, bled Russia for 10 years until it went bankrupt and was forced to withdraw in defeat," bin Laden said.

He also said al Qaeda has found it "easy for us to provoke and bait this administration."

Goal achieved.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
I'm really loving the fact that, some believe that having guns, even if they do have assault rifles, will protect them against the government should it misbehave.

Go right ahead, load that rifle. Get your friends to do the same. Sit ready for the government to come. Wait what was that??? BAM! a huge explosion disorients you only for you to find out that one of your buddy's limbs has landed in your lap. Then you notice fighter jets a few thousand feet above then run for the hills only to be taken out by tank rounds and artillery fire. It's at that point you realize that the government, the one you swore you would fight has an overwhelming superiority in firepower.

Anyone who uses this as a reason needs to be committed to an asylum. Retards!
No one who owns black rifles believes that if the govt uses the full military might that they will stand a chance in hell against them. But if you think that's the way they think you are the retard.
The more likely scenario is that the govt wants control of the people, it will take putting soldiers on the ground going house to house to do that. Then things are a little more even. In the end the govt would win if they have the will to kill most of the people, but it's how much of the military personel they want to sacrifice to get control. If the people are sheeple, then it's not to bad. If they are willing to fight the govt will have a huge price to pay.

How well is the govt doing with all that manpower trying to get one ex cop in Socal?
How well did all the Russian military tech and machinery do in Afghanistan? The had all the jets and tanks and wound up going home with their tail between their legs.
I don't think you though this out as much as you made a quick assumption of what would happen.

I really think if you are anti gun you should make yourself be heard and stand your ground. You should put a sign on your lawn stating you are against guns and have none in your home.

Last edited by aslowdodge; 02-12-2013 at 12:11 AM..

Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
It has everything to do with your post. You state that the people don't stand a chance against all the govt resources, yet one guy is making fools out of 100's of Govt equipped LEOs.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
You should put a sign on your lawn stating you are against guns and have none in your home.

Excellent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies