Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 11:06 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Alas only 3. Knowing my dear wife, I wish it was 6, she would probably like to fire 5 warning shots.

I wouldn't miss with any of them.
I guess my point is that the way things are going, the anti gunners will want to limit how many rounds in a shotgun. Once they get to 10, the next time around they will get hunter to say they only need one so let's limit it at one. My remington 870 holds 7 plus 1. I'd like to think I'd get them in the first round, but one never knows so I like have as many as possible.
What kind of shotgun is it?

Old 02-11-2013, 11:11 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Ultrarunner, what does that have to do with anything in my post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
It has everything to do with your post. You state that the people don't stand a chance against all the govt resources, yet one guy is making fools out of 100's of Govt equipped LEOs.

Police seeking Dorner opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity - latimes.com
Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop - latimes.com

I guess when its cops with high powered rifles shooting up innocent people, it's o.k

The hypocrisy of it all... The tyranny. Stay safe Californians in Socal. The cops are out shooting people delivering newspapers.. Don't worry though, it's to protect you.

Seems people are more scared of armed idiot cops than criminals..

It's quite telling when you think about it.. If this was an every person who got shot, you'd see more resources put towards writing speeding tickets than hunting down the killer.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both"
A sad thing when a country loses its way and forgets its history.
California.. leading the nation. One shot up woman delivering newspaper at a time.
Missiles fired by retards.. pew pew

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 02-11-2013 at 11:24 PM..

Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Ultrarunner, what does that have to do with anything in my post?
Just making a connection that one man with a weapon cannot be underestimated even when facing a goverment with as you stated "Overwhelming superiority in firepower".

Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Just making a connection that one man with a weapon cannot be underestimated even when facing a goverment with as you stated "Overwhelming superiority in firepower".
You summarized it a lot better

Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,714,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
You summarized it a lot better
Yeah. He didn't manage to stretch it all the way to Osama.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Yeah. He didn't manage to stretch it all the way to Osama.
Sometimes when a person doesn't get simple reasoning, you gotta show them w/ easy to understand examples. It costs money to pew pew missles at crazies

Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 PM

I'm thinking I must have had a great High School Civics teacher...

He would lead discussion on the founding of our country and how, against all odds, it came to be.

I was impressionable and soaked it all in when he said the constitution is a document limiting government and not those governed because those in power can only govern with the consent of those governed... and it was revolutionary.

For the Constitution to be more than a document of antiquity, it's words have to have meaning.

I don't own guns and never hunted... that said, it had to mean something of great importance the founders saw fit to mention the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

On a personal level... I have colleagues with relatives in Germany and Poland at the time when guns were confiscated... the people felt and were helpless and history tells the story.

If there is not enough Public Support to repeal the Second Amendment it remains the law of the land.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I'm thinking I must have had a great High School Civics teacher...

He would lead discussion on the founding of our country and how, against all odds, it came to be.

I was impressionable and soaked it all in when he said the constitution is a document limiting government and not those governed because those in power can only govern with the consent of those governed... and it was revolutionary.

For the Constitution to be more than a document of antiquity, it's words have to have meaning.
Great post !

Old 02-11-2013, 11:51 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,085,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Bin Laden did too.. I think it was approx 1-2 trillion dollars worth.
Bin Laden: Goal is to bankrupt U.S. - CNN

"He said the mujahedeen fighters did the same thing to the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s, "using guerrilla warfare and the war of attrition to fight tyrannical superpowers."

"We, alongside the mujahedeen, bled Russia for 10 years until it went bankrupt and was forced to withdraw in defeat," bin Laden said.

He also said al Qaeda has found it "easy for us to provoke and bait this administration."
Bin Laden didn't do anything, he was eating twinkies in a cave. Al Qaeda, a foreign group, decided to attack the US and that attack was pretty costly. But you can't count the costs of US wars, those were active choices by the US government...ones that were not widely accepted as being the correct actions.

Did the attack change the government in any sense? No...... A government can always crush a small group whether they have guns or not. It is only with unity that a people can overthrow a government.....but guns are unnecessary once the people are united.

Guns in the US haven't prevented government abuse, indeed, the US government today is largely filled with corporate shills. Guns, or rather the policies surrounding them, have been used to successful manipulate people though. Apparently wealthy Americans aren't too worried about the revolutionary nature of guns......

Old 02-11-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Bin Laden didn't do anything, he was eating twinkies in a cave. Al Qaeda, a foreign group, decided to attack the US and that attack was pretty costly. But you can't count the costs of US wars, those were active choices by the US government...ones that were not widely accepted as being the correct actions.
True... my Congressional Representative was the only NO vote in Congress.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...oman-interview

It would seem the government was on the same page more than anytime I can recall and the costs whether counted or not are real both in terms of American lives and money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies