Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:23 PM

29,449 posts, read 14,631,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Thread title: The stupidity continues , more proposed firearm restrictions in CA

The idea that you have a monopoly on sensibility and that contrary opinions are automatically "stupid" is what's really stupid.

The vast majority of not only Americans but NRA members want such sensible things as gun registration and waiting periods. To dismiss those views as stupid is a sign of closed mindedness.
You obviously didn't watch the videos did you? Some one with even the smallest amount of common sense would see that some of the things talked about are just ludicrous. If it was the two things you mentioned im quite sure people wouldn't be in such an uproar. making a comment on something you know nothing of other than what you might have heard in the media is just ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,959,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Thread title: The stupidity continues , more proposed firearm restrictions in CA

The idea that you have a monopoly on sensibility and that contrary opinions are automatically "stupid" is what's really stupid.

The vast majority of not only Americans but NRA members want such sensible things as gun registration and waiting periods. To dismiss those views as stupid is a sign of closed mindedness.
Lies...... The NRA wants NICS and no one will register any guns anymore, not after that news paper stunt in NY.

I think we should split California 3 ways. 1/3 to mexico, 1/3rd to Red China, and 1/3rd to N Korea. That would fix California, and we could pay off the debt.

years ago I stopped buying anything that came from Cal..... I went there in 2005 as an exception. Place sucks, you can't even buy a salad with friggin tomatoes.... 18 days there was well spent in the national parks but mine National Forest is better.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,754,224 times
As a conservative in California, it really bothers me that people can make blanket statements about my state. I don't support these laws at all, yet I don't appreciate being lumped in with the wacko-progressives that inhabit the statehouse. I'm actively involved in local politics, and we're fighting the good fight to stop the insanity, so please consider the fact that there are A LOT of conservatives in our state. We have more Republicans than any state not named Texas. In 2000, more Californians voted for Bush than Texans (not that I'm a huge Bush supporter).

Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,947,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
As a conservative in California, it really bothers me that people can make blanket statements about my state. I don't support these laws at all, yet I don't appreciate being lumped in with the wacko-progressives that inhabit the statehouse. I'm actively involved in local politics, and we're fighting the good fight to stop the insanity, so please consider the fact that there are A LOT of conservatives in our state. We have more Republicans than any state not named Texas. In 2000, more Californians voted for Bush than Texans (not that I'm a huge Bush supporter).

Widow, as a native "Northern" (no, not SF or Sac) Californian, I understand that not "everyone" in the state is a slobbering fool who deserves the results of their poor political choices. I still have a lot of family there, but the thing is, at the end of the day, CA is a cesspool. Even the northern areas I used to live in which were very conservative are now seeping with progressive excrement. While there are many conservatives in the state, they have no power, they are not winning, are not repairing or improving California. I know, I also was very active in trying to resist the onslaught of stupidity, but it is pointless. CA is lost and it won't be repaired by proactive means. It has to sink into complete an utter disarray, where the bulk of the residents suffer greatly (by their own hand) before you can even consider seeing any repair.

Seriously, of all people to be reelected and they put back in Brown? Brown???? The state is lost. The best thing you can do (as I tell my family) is to pack up and move to another state that actually respects its working citizens and doesn't see them as rug to wipe their feet on. As you said, there are a lot of conservatives in the state, so what do you think would happen to CA if all those people pack up and leave? Who is going to fund the social programs? Who is going to carry the load?

Leave it, let it sink in on itself. It is the only way it can ever be repaired. The legislature is controlled by the progressives and with all of the dirty pool they have done concerning districts, you will NEVER get it back without the majority seeing what these people are doing.

Sorry, I hated to leave CA, but I refuse to be a foot stool for the stupidity that CA has become. It is time to pick up, cut your losses, and let them suffer the fate of their own decisions. All the conservatives are doing by staying in that state is "enabling" the progressives and giving people the illusion that their policies can work. When there is nobody left to pick up the bill, the progressives will start to cannibalize each other.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:45 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Restrict freedom, or enhance safety. There are two way to look at it. And California, unlike more completely rural states, benefits from more gun laws.
I am from Texas.... We have cities that rival L.A. in size and we have fewer gun laws and we have fewer overall problems and lower taxes.. Gun laws only serve to disarm lawful citizens and empower criminals.. Go ahead and support your gun laws and look at the statistics in comparison 5 years out. They will be an ineffective deterent to crime at best...

Old 02-15-2013, 02:24 AM

198 posts, read 167,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
With any luck, a monster earthquake will strike CA very soon.

It leads the nation in retarded politicians, stupidity, and overall head-up-assery.
I have a feeling Mexico will reclaim CA long before an earthquake casts it into the sea. Not like the Mexicans haven't threatened to reclaim all the states we laid claim to during the Mexican Cession in 1848. Besides the last I heard the Hispanic population in CA has already surpassed the non-Hispanic population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies