Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 10:49 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,404,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas van Rijn View Post
Since you're too stupid to figure it out, I'll tell you the difference between, a) Bill Clinton, and b) Ted Nugent, Dick Cheney, George W. Bush, Mitt Romney, and others.

Bill Clinton did not think the Vietnam War should be fought. He did not think anyone should be forced to go pointlessly die in SE Asia. No one.

Ted Nugent, Dick Cheney, George W. Bush and Mitt Romney all thought the Vietnam War was a good idea. If we didn't stop the communists in Vietnam, after all, all of SE Asia would fall to the red menace! (Totally wrong, of course, but that just makes them stupid, as well as raging hypocrites. But I digress.) But what was most important to Ted Nugent, Dick Cheney, George W. Bush and Mitt Romney was that others were forced via the draft to go to Vietnam. Hey, sacrifices had to be made! Sacrifices by others. They weren't about to step up and serve.

Bill Clinton didn't support others being sent off to war. Ted Nugent, Dick Cheney, George W. Bush and Mitt Romney, but didn't have the guts to support the cause they demanded that others support with life and limb.

And that is the difference you're too stupid to comprehend.

Any more questions?
Somehow, we have to keep explaining this to them over and over. The distinction just goes right over their heads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 10:52 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,051,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Somehow, we have to keep explaining this to them over and over. The distinction just goes right over their heads.

but..but..but...Bill Clinton...blahblahblah...

Seriously, there's nobody else out there in conservativeland they could hold to high esteem? They pick this guy?

Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,216,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post

Seriously, there's nobody else out there in conservativeland they could hold to high esteem? They pick this guy?
It's all about the guns.

The guy could be a serial killer and they would find ways to excuse it because it's all about the guns.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
It's all about the guns.

The guy could be a serial killer and they would find ways to excuse it because it's all about the guns.

I'm a supporter of the 2nd amendment, but not Ted Nugent.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Heh. Usurper. Last time I checked he was democratically elected.

Ted Nugent, draft dodger, that's your hero? He's a coward, a liar, and a nutjob.

And incontinent.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,417,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Kinda like Ted Kennedy was never brought up on charges, eh?

Funny thing about these men named Ted

Show me where Ted Kennedy was a pedophile

32,516 posts, read 37,034,648 times
Quote:
And incontinent.
Can't rep you again so.....

20,868 posts, read 23,427,530 times
And a pedophile don't forget.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,216,550 times
Quote:
I'm a supporter of the 2nd amendment, but not Ted Nugent.
Sure. Lots of people are.

But the people who come on these forums and sing Ted's praises and excuse his crimes against underage girls and his draft dodging have two reasons, and two reasons only, for doing so - and that is because he is an outspoken advocate for gun ownership and that he hates Obama, even going so far as to make a veiled threat against the president.

On another forum I participate on, someone started a thread, "Ted Nugent for President," and I couldn't believe how many people seriously supported the idea. And why? Because he has a credible plan for how to balance the budget? Or because he can bring peace to the Middle East?

No. They think he would make a great president because they know he won't come take their guns like so many think Obama is going to do.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:32 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,212,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Baloney. You have been watching too many movies. No one proudly puts their life on the line for anything unless they are a psycho.
Movies? I hate war movies.
Military members are psycho? You must not know any or have ever met any. Ask Carterstamp if he is psycho.
Yeah right that's how a private becomes a master sergeant, and how a second lieutenant becomes a colonel. By being psycho.
I served, and am proud to have served, just as many other military members are, and did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Yes I do. Nugent later admitted to making up the story because the High Times reporter was "gullible". Case closed.
Oh, he recanted? Could it be {if he did} because he'd be viewed as a draft dodger? How gullible are we now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What a FREAK. I'm sure glad he's not claiming to represent Democrats. The Pubs can have him and enjoy him in ALL his glory.
If Teddy was representing democrats, this thread would be 136 pages long with right wing rhetoric, not just 36 pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies