Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 12:56 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I would not allow my son to go to any troop event where a known homosexual had unsupervised access to my son. Likewise I would not let my son attend any overnight or camp type event if he would be exposed to other scouts that are homosexual.
Then you should probably keep all your kids sheltered in a cage or a closet or something because otherwise they could be exposed to predators anywhere they go - gay or straight, male or female - at school, at the doctor's office, at places of work, on the bus, even at church or in a friend's or relative's home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 02:21 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Really?

Nazi's? KKK?

A little overreaction, don't you think?

"I don't want my young child having a gay scout leader" somehow equates to "I hate gays!"
Liberals are more comfortable with short sentences containing one syllable words.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:26 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
What's that? Speak up... I can't hear you when you're on ignore.

I would not allow my son to go to any troop event where a known homosexual had unsupervised access to my son. Likewise I would not let my son attend any overnight or camp type event if he would be exposed to other scouts that are homosexual.

By the same token, I wouldn't allow my son to attend a sleep over at a girl scout event. You don't set your kids up to fail, and I believe all of the previously mentioned would promote failure.
Then you should be sure to remove your kids from access to any close relatives, since a close heterosexual relative is 100 times more likely to molest a child than a homosexual.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Focus on the Family and Family Research Council? You think we care what those anti-gay hate groups and villains think about this decision? I no sooner care about them than I do about the whining of Nazis or the KKK. They are no different.
Last I heard, they've been in "lay off" mode down at FotF. They're losing their hate battle and still struggling to be "rational voice". As society continues to reject their hate propaganda (and their old followers die off), they'll become about as relevant as the current KKK.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:06 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
What's that? Speak up... I can't hear you when you're on ignore.

By the same token, I wouldn't allow my son to attend a sleep over at a girl scout event. You don't set your kids up to fail, and I believe all of the previously mentioned would promote failure.
Don't worry. I'm gay, and was forced to spend my childhood around nothing but heterosexuals. And none of it rubbed off on me

And BTW, I'm also a father of two children, have a partner of 17 years, and find your insinuation that I'm a child molester to be EXTREMELY ignorant and rude.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:17 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,629,314 times
Agree or disagree if you like but it is the right of a private organization to associate with whom they please. The supreme court upheld this, which surprises me these days considering so many of their other rulings. Even though now the "Lavender Lobby" is pressuring financial supports of the Boy Scouts to back out of their support I hope that the scouts don't cave in. You call them Nazis and Hate Mongerers for not accepting homosexuals but who is being a Nazi and Hate Mongerer for trying to force them, a private organization, to accept people that they don't want to and legally don't have to accept.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:31 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Agree or disagree if you like but it is the right of a private organization to associate with whom they please. The supreme court upheld this, which surprises me these days considering so many of their other rulings. Even though now the "Lavender Lobby" is pressuring financial supports of the Boy Scouts to back out of their support I hope that the scouts don't cave in. You call them Nazis and Hate Mongerers for not accepting homosexuals but who is being a Nazi and Hate Mongerer for trying to force them, a private organization, to accept people that they don't want to and legally don't have to accept.
Yep. It's the organizations decision they will have fallout either way they choose.
They might have ticked off religious groups or less donations from major companies. I'm involved in scouts with my son. I hear every year about funding shortages.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
I mentioned in the other thread how when I moved here in 1972, every church in town had a BSA troop. Every boy I knew was a scout. I was a Cub scout from 1973 to 1975 or so. The 4th of July parade was full of scouts, troop after troop. Now, however, all those troops are gone. There's just one, and it meets in another town twenty minutes away. I haven't seen a boy scout group in the parade in at least a decade. No cub or boy scouts come by anymore selling their fundraising candy. Its like they've dried up and vanished. Only NOW are you people warning of a mass exodus?
Boys are staying home these days so they can play video games.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:44 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Liberals are more comfortable with short sentences containing one syllable words.
If this thread is any indication, it seems conservatives are most comfortable with biased propaganda - in other words, with NO critical thinking or reasoning. When somebody tries to pass off right-wing blogs and YouTube videos as "evidence," then refers to scientific studies as "biased liberal propaganda," we can safely assume they don't know enough to be taken seriously.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:45 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
"Pro-family." That joke never gets old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies