Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 07:30 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,532 times

Advertisements

First it was 'Corpse-Men'. Now it's 'Sharp-nel' instead of Shrapnel. He also said “He took aim at one of the enemy machine teams and took it out....". Enemy Machine Teams? He should have said 'enemy machine gun teams'. This is very embarrassing to Sergeant Clinton Romesha, the military and the nation as a whole.

Notice how the Sgt. Romesha is leaning away from Obama as he tries to put his hand on his arm? He is not impressed.

http://news.yahoo.com/vet-fought-off...213322877.html

President Obama Clint Romesha Medal of Honor Ceremony (February 11, 2013) [1/2] - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 07:33 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times
Really? You're making fun of a little flub like this? Much ado about nothing.

"Corpseman" was a bigger deal because he obviously doesn't know the word (he kept reading it wrong.) But this was a simple misreading.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
I think he might have sneezed once during a speech too. Time to start impeachment proceedings I guess.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:41 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Sneezing? Misspeaking? Could this be evidence that Obama isn't a Reptilian Shapeshifter after all?

Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
A hero gets the Medal of Honor and a **cough** "old soldier" **cough** talks about the President's pronunciation of a word.

Right. Because that's how veterans honor the accomplishments of one another.

We'll just assume you're under heavy fire yourself down there in the basement.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 PM

45,202 posts, read 26,417,923 times
I wouldnt be too hard on Obama, he just recites what someone else has prepared for him. In this case it is no doubt a speechwriter left over from the george bush era.

Im more amazed Obama has the audacity to present someone an award who was maimed fighting in one of his wars of aggression. I hope it came with an apology.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
First it was 'Corpse-Men'. Now it's 'Sharp-nel' instead of Shrapnel. He also said “He took aim at one of the enemy machine teams and took it out....". Enemy Machine Teams? He should have said 'enemy machine gun teams'. This is very embarrassing to Sergeant Clinton Romesha, the military and the nation as a whole.

Notice how the Sgt. Romesha is leaning away from Obama as he tries to put his hand on his arm? He is not impressed.

Vet who fought off Taliban attack awarded Medal of Honor - Yahoo! News

President Obama Clint Romesha Medal of Honor Ceremony (February 11, 2013) [1/2] - YouTube
Hey, give old jug ears Obama a break....at least he knows we have 57 states. LMAO!!!!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:53 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,035,969 times
Big ****ing deal.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Default Flubs

My father was an Air Force lifer (master sergeant for his last ten years). He once was at a parade honoring a retiring General, and was acting as squadron (? it was a platoon sized unit and I ended up USMC so not sure) leader of one of seven squadrons on the parade grounds at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio. I was in the stands as a twelve year old boy.

A bird colonel was giving the orders to march by the grandstand, present arms, etc. The squadrons had lined up and the Colonel, over a loudspeaker to which he was hooked up had told the squadron commanders to come forward, and each marched from the side of the squadron to go out front for some sort of presentation to the General.

The bird colonel looked down at his notes and said, "What the f**k comes next?" which blared out over the loudspeakers!! The band immediately struck up playing the Air Force Hymn. Don't know what happened to the Colonel regarding his error. But it was just that, a damned error. It took me half a dozen misspeaks by Dan Quayle before I knew he shouldn't be getting up before anyone at anytime.

All of us make mistakes in the words we say. Does anyone remember totally correct words that came back to haunt a president? "Mission accomplished!"

Old 02-11-2013, 07:59 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Really? You're making fun of a little flub like this? Much ado about nothing.

"Corpseman" was a bigger deal because he obviously doesn't know the word (he kept reading it wrong.) But this was a simple misreading.
He sees all military personnel as corpses.

He is a man of peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies