Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times

Advertisements

I found stories from 2000 about this towns financial problems. Did Obama cause those issues too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 06:46 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ah yes, little town struggling, all Obama's fault, makes total sense.
Right. It's all Obama's fault because he happened to live in the same state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I found stories from 2000 about this towns financial problems. Did Obama cause those issues too?
I'd love to read those if you can link them.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Could it be a false story from a website that likes spreading false stories? That can't be true, Cons trust them so much.
Took me all of less than 5 minutes to find a link to CBS about that very same story.
The MSM really has you hooked that if it's not from one of their "trusted" sites then it must be made up and false.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
My little boy slept poorly last night and consequently I'm tired; this must all be Obama's fault.

It's too cold outside for my liking, must all be Obama's fault.

My dog just farted. Must all be Obama's fault.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Way to go BO! The proof is starting to poor in, big government always losses. And btw democrats, are you starting to realize taxing the 'bad' rich is not going to work? What happens when there are no wealthy left to tax?

I hope the gun laws are helping people there sleep at night. Especially when their police officers will be riding to the scene of the crime on bicycles.

IL Town Runs Out of Gas Money for Police Cars

When your policies and taxing, runs all the rich people out of town, who are you going to tax to get your needed fix?
On a bigger note, California is in the same boat.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Right. It's all Obama's fault because he happened to live in the same state.
I'd love to read those if you can link them.
Here's one.
Mayor Feuds With Trustee Over Dixmoor Finance Woes - Chicago Tribune

Old 02-12-2013, 06:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post

My dog just farted. Must all be Obama's fault.

Actually it is.

Cost of raw materials are getting more and more expensive, with Bernanke printing it up to meet the spending demands of Obama and his administration. In order to meet your price point, you have been forced to purchase a less quality dog food.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
That town has problems going back at least a year if you google.
These people cooked their own goose.

They didn't submit their paperwork to the state on time.
One elected official said he was a cop so he could get "free gas" at a station that billed the police dept for gas purchased.
Lots of internal bickering among the elected officials preventing anything from getting accomplished.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:59 AM

Here's one from 1999.
Residents Turn Out To Bemoan Dixmoor's Money Troubles - Chicago Tribune

Old 02-12-2013, 07:00 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post

Way to go BO! The proof is starting to poor in, big government always losses.
Another day and another entry into the Blame the Obama game.

Dixmoor is about 1 square mile in size with its own Police, Fire Fighting and School System which is nuts. It was created back in the 20's and proximity to manufacturing plants in the greater area employed most residents. Those jobs are long gone. Most properties are owned by retired folk on fixed incomes or investor owned and occupied by low income renters.

When people either can't or won't pay more property taxes, the municipality can't pay its bills. Municipalities are forced to make drastic spending cuts and Police, Firefighters and teachers are laid off. Services are cut to the bone.

This has been happening all over the U.S. for the past 35+/- years. Those areas of Detroit ( in Romney's home state) that are not impoverished pay out of pocket for private security because the Detroit Police force is tapped out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies