Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 03:34 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,969,143 times

Advertisements

Speech starts at 6pm PT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 03:36 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,201,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
Thank God there is hockey on tonight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Glad I have some programs recorded on DVR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Thank goodness for the Westminster Dog Show on USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I will ignore this buffoon. I will be watching a movie instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I will record Judge Judy on my DVR and watch it, it will definitely be more educational, to the point, AND Much more entertaining than Obama.

AND, she's done more for the economy!
If there wasn't you'd be watching the Union address?

You don't have to watch television you know.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:42 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,881,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Barack Obama's State of the Union Address is tonight.

Things that will be discussed tonight
  • Shovel ready jobs, including gardening projects, traffic circles in rural Virginia towns.
  • Grants for research to cure lung cancer in Argentinian cows, $50 million grant for research on the Cascadian rain shadow in Oregon, $100 million here or there to promote the resurgence of rural Louisianan French
  • Bailouts for green energy companies bleeding more cash than the federal reserve
  • HIGH SPEED RAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what we need, especially at a time when so many people use rail travel. Demand is at an all time high
  • Everything is George Bush's fault.
  • If we tax more and spend more, it'll create lots of jobs.
  • We are a united country, my job is to unite everyone, despite the fact I am the most divisive president since Abraham Lincoln.
Am I missing anything

Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM

62,758 posts, read 28,944,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Things that will be discussed tonight
  • Shovel ready jobs, including gardening projects, traffic circles in rural Virginia towns.
  • Grants for research to cure lung cancer in Argentinian cows, $50 million grant for research on the Cascadian rain shadow in Oregon, $100 million here or there to promote the resurgence of rural Louisianan French
  • Bailouts for green energy companies bleeding more cash than the federal reserve
  • HIGH SPEED RAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what we need, especially at a time when so many people use rail travel. Demand is at an all time high
  • Everything is George Bush's fault.
  • If we tax more and spend more, it'll create lots of jobs.
  • We are a united country, my job is to unite everyone, despite the fact I am the most divisive president since Abraham Lincoln.
Am I missing anything
Yeah, adding million of illegal immigrants to our workforce by legalizing them will create tax revenues while 23 million unemployed Americans will be sitting at home collecting unemployment and unable to support their own families or pay taxes. The rumor that these illegals won't be a burden by requiring the taxpayer to subsidize their health, education and welfare is just a rumor to be ignored (Obama has his fingers crossed behind his back while face turns red along with that sheepish, lying grin). My job creation ideas are to create jobs for illegal immigrants.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:53 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,959,022 times
President Obama has been upstaged by Christopher Dorner.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:56 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,643,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You can ask that question from Rubio as well, because he is working overtime trying to get them amnesty, and he will deliver his own piece after the SOTU.
Didn't you just say you only believe what you hear with your own ears?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
President Obama has been upstaged by Christopher Dorner.
Yep. And a much more important story, too.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:09 PM

Starting now ....

Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 PM

Obama is receiving applause from both sides of the isle.

So far, this has been one of his best speeches !!!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:54 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,589,303 times

So far, all I've heard is a bunch of slogans and platitudes - a "feel good" speech with no meat to it and no real examples of how to actually attain these promises.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

So far, all I've heard is a bunch of slogans and platitudes - a "feel good" speech with no meat to it and no real examples of how to actually attain these promises.
Obama mentioned many different bills tonight which need to pass Congress to accomplish his goals.

Perhaps you should read these bills?

Obama just mentioned he will try to correct the problems of our election system using lawyers from both sides of the isle to work on the issue. That is the kind of leadership I respect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies