Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 03:08 AM

491 posts, read 748,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And when all those people suddenly find themselves at the new federal minimum wage what do you think will happen?

People on this board still have a hard time figuring out no matter what they do they're going down the same road. They think moving slightly to the left or right in the lane is going to change things but it won't.

Moving the minimum wage up won't change a thing. All that will need to happen the. For you to compete globally is the dollar will have to lose more value than it already needs to lose for you to compete.

And for the not-too-bright, inflation doesn't help the lowest paid workers. It enriches the people with real estate. It enriches even more so people with rental real estate. You know, the trust funds of the "rich" and famous.

You folks keep on talking and pushing for the opposite of what you really need and people like myself sit back and laugh as you still have the gas pedal pressed to the floor headed for the Stupid Cliff where you seem to be ready to go straight off the side waving your flag of omnipotence.
Probably not much will happen except more people will have money in their hands to spend. Every time the min wage goes up people complain and then nothing bad happens and they shut up till it is being discussed to be raised again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 03:13 AM

328 posts, read 682,239 times
What makes any Leader great, and what makes any President great is--getting things done. Clinton recognized this early in his Administration. Most Presidents know that to achieve anything you must work with the other side and compromise. That is not a negative--it is reality and compromise is not bad. I would think that Obama after going through 4 years of his approach of blaming others would want to move ahead via compromise and get things done. Unfortunately, Obama continues to think like his upbringings and experience has been---a community organizer. The difference between a Leader and a Community Organizer is that the latter blames others, and continues to blame others. Point the finger--try to embarrass, measure success by seeing how many followers you get who agree with you and keep the noise level high. Attacks the other side publicly--and expects a positive outcome. All Leaders know that this leads, as a rule to failure, something that Obama has not learned, or refuses to face.
He is impressed by his winning, but it is more like his Opponent lost---but a win is a win. But I was hoping for a better 4 years, not going to happen since he continues to blame rather than work with others to get things done. One cannot slap someone in the face--kick them in the butt, and invite them the next day for a cup of tea and wonder why they will not agree with your action or be open to discussion. Leadership is NOT pointing to the right path, suggesting what should be done, taking a position..........do not confuse that with Leadership. Leadership is achievement--which always means working through others (all others) to get them to agree to momentum in your goal and direction. Failure to achieve, failure to do this, is failure of Leadership. This marks the difference between a great Leader and a spokesman with little chance of succeeding. He has set the stage for his second Administration.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:16 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,861 times
I honestly don't think this is a good proposal and instead we should be eliminating the minimum wage. That way we can let supply and demand set wages.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:27 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,006 times
Default State Of The Union: 11,629 More Go On Food Stamps Each Day

Food Stamp Rolls in America Now Surpass the Population of Spain. Ah yes our Dear Marxist leader transforming America for the better----I can hardly wait!

Food Stamp Rolls in America Now Surpass the Population of Spain | CNS News

Old 02-13-2013, 03:29 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,219,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Food Stamp Rolls in America Now Surpass the Population of Spain. Ah yes our Dear Marxist leader transforming America for the better----I can hardly wait!

Food Stamp Rolls in America Now Surpass the Population of Spain | CNS News
Just means more democratic voters

Old 02-13-2013, 03:34 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
You can say whatever you want in a SOTU address and make it sound great. Like last year saying how he was going to go after those in Wall Street that helped create the mess and charge them.

Even I would say that was positive and something I would agree with. Problem is, he completely forgot about it as soon as he said it.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:37 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,518,892 times
When you're giving away other peoples money for free, of course there will be encouragement.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:41 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,860 times
Quote:
Our dear Marxist leader

Old 02-13-2013, 04:09 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,006 times
I keep telling you but you keep refusing to listen.

"Show me your friends and I'll know exactly who your are"

Barack Obama -- Associates

Old 02-13-2013, 04:11 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,860 times
Quote:
I keep telling you but you keep refusing to listen.

"Show me your friends and I'll know exactly who your are"

Barack Obama -- Associates
Learn who Karl Marx was, what Marxism stood for before it was warped into Communism, and understand that Barack Obama is a Democratic President of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies