Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 12:22 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,540,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
So the "white media" forces hundreds and sometimes thousands of blacks to attend rallies, speeches and assemblies led by Jackson and Sharpton...for decades?

...and to cheer them on?

Man...what actions in the black community AREN'T ultimately the fault of the white man? Geez.
Changing the goal post I see. Now when did any one attract thousands because of Bachelors or SNL?

Protesting against the Trayvon Martin verdict was different and when I looked I saw many whites, Hispanics and other non blacks also at those rallies.

You claim that you want debate but you dont. You just want an angry diatribe against blacks, as if we are some monolithic block of dysfunction.

Stop watching FOX TV and then you can more credibly chat. If you did do that you would know that black arent not a monolithic group and many are as concerned about the dysfunctional segments as others are. Maybe more so as they more directly suffer the consequences of this in many ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 01:14 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Changing the goal post I see. Now when did any one attract thousands because of Bachelors or SNL?

Protesting against the Trayvon Martin verdict was different and when I looked I saw many whites, Hispanics and other non blacks also at those rallies.

You claim that you want debate but you dont. You just want an angry diatribe against blacks, as if we are some monolithic block of dysfunction.

Stop watching FOX TV and then you can more credibly chat. If you did do that you would know that black arent not a monolithic group and many are as concerned about the dysfunctional segments as others are. Maybe more so as they more directly suffer the consequences of this in many ways.
He is upset because he has been backed into a corner he cannot get out of. Your analysis of the poster was so on point, all he could do is resort to was useless babbling!!

Old 01-13-2014, 01:21 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:

Well, dang, the forum software won't let me give you another rep until I give one to someone else first.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:18 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Are you debating?" Now think seriously.

Why dont you seriously analyze where Forbes magazine is wrong as they cited data and thet are regarded as being a credible magazine? Because they report something that doesnt suit your agenda you reject it, but provide no other evidence.

Forbes magazine, isnt a blog. If you think that they are wrong I am sure that they will appreciate hearing from you.

Go ahead and forward credible data to them, before accusing them of peddling untruths.

The fact that you imply that I made up facts when I offered Forbes as evidence shows that you are a joker.
Um, where did I say Forbes was lying?

Making stuff up again, eh?

I said Forbes was a magazine, which is a profit seeking business not a public service.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:

You are living in a dream world.

I never said anything about an "angry diatribe against blacks" but then again that goes back to that sad truth about racial discussions today:

Quote:
Criticism of Blacks = RACISM
Quote:
Criticism of Whites = Fair Observations
And what is it with you and your obsession with Fox?

I haven't said a thing about Fox except that it is no different than any other annoying cable channel.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
He is upset because he has been backed into a corner he cannot get out of. Your analysis of the poster was so on point, all he could do is resort to was useless babbling!!
No one is upset and no one is "backed into a corner".

I am just pointing out how useless whining about how life is unfair isn't going to get those graduation rates up or incarceration rates down.

That is something the Asian-American community in the U.S. understands, at least.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:31 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Pffffffft....West Indians are often VERY contemptuous of whites. Often moreso than any other group I've met. The OP is obviously confused.

However, I want you to know that I stay up all night worrying about what Caribbean black folks think. It's so important to me.
But they do love the white man's money.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:32 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:

I am just pointing out how useless whining about how life is unfair isn't going to get those graduation rates up or incarceration rates down.

That is something the Asian-American community in the U.S. understands, at least.
This Asian-American fully understands the old use of the "model minority" label to use as a stalking horse to blast other ethnic groups. Can the tired clichés and memes.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:24 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,686 times
Quote:

You are upset she called you out for not wanting to have any sort of debate with her at all.
I would like to see proof of corporations falling over themselves to hire blacks to avoid lawsuits, If that was the case I would not have had to attend numerous job interviews before I finally was employed. Where are these jobs that hire people for being black? Tell me. Sounds like you are whining just like the people you are complaining about. And even when blacks do outperform whites, their are many who will get upset and act like the world owes them. I witnessed this going to a school that was over 90 percent white. This is not the case in all or even most environments were the vast majority is white, but it does happen.

Quote:
So what do you tell the legions of white men who think that the whole world is against them and that white men have it so bad> Every day one of them scrawls it some where on C-D.
Caribny is right, useless whining is not unique to blacks, and this forum is proof of that. Everyday on this forum countless threads are started about how minorities, particularly blacks are causing the downfall of America.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
You are upset she called you out for not wanting to have any sort of debate with her at all.
I would like to see proof of corporations falling over themselves to hire blacks to avoid lawsuits, If that was the case I would not have had to attend numerous job interviews before I finally was employed. Where are these jobs that hire people for being black? Tell me. Sounds like you are whining just like the people you are complaining about. And even when blacks do outperform whites, their are many who will get upset and act like the world owes them. I witnessed this going to a school that was over 90 percent white. This is not the case in all or even most environments were the vast majority is white, but it does happen.

Caribny is right, useless whining is not unique to blacks, and this forum is proof of that. Everyday on this forum countless threads are started about how minorities, particularly blacks are causing the downfall of America.
Sorry you actually had to work to land a job like everybody else. I know life can be tough sometimes when people don't recognize that you are special.

And point out where I said that blacks are causing "the downfall of America".

Oh, you can't?

I didn't think so since I've never written that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies