Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 12:39 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I guess you nevfer heard of appreciation. Get a clue.

The house appreciated from 550K on '05 to 675K in '13...which is a pretty good return considering the housing market tanked big time. Tell me how a working class person could afford that? Give specifics.

I could give a rats behind how much he has or doesn't have. Good for him for owning a house.

What I DO give a rats behind about is the "I'm just plain folks" crap these guys toss around, on both sides. No, Mr. Rubio, you're not just plain folks. You don't struggle keeping your head above water, you don't have to choose between medication and food, or food and rent. You don't have to find a bus route to work because the car broke down again and you can't afford to have it fixed.

Remember, the GOP has had many "saviors"...none of which panned out.

The clue is in your court.

Last edited by carterstamp; 02-13-2013 at 01:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 12:41 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Your ignorance, as evident in your post, is astounding.

My house is worth almost that, and I go to work every day, Dentists, and doctors work everyday, attorneys as well.

Perhaps you are projecting your own concept of "stiff". There is life beyond minimum wage, you know - well, it is obvious you don't.
That means that 6 years ago your house was worth one million dollars.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:41 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Bashing Rubio with more of Obama's imaginary class wars? Leftists are right on schedule

Left begins 'Romneyfication' of rich, anti-science Sen. Marco Rubio

Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
Did you see the stats on the house?

4 bedroom, 3-and-a-half bath pool pad: records show he and wife Jeanette bought the place for $550,000 in 2005.

The outrage!!! 4 beds, 3.5 baths, and a POOL!!!!! in the FLORIDA heat!!! what were they thinking! I bet that pool is FILLED with WATER!!! OHHHGGDDEYTYYY!!!!!

Pro-tip: The square footage must not be very impressive, since the notoriously left leaning publisher of the story conveniently left that figure out of the story. But did include that he co owns a home with another senator whom is accused of some sort of crime, because that's pertinent to the story how?

Old 02-13-2013, 12:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
That isn't that much for a house nowadays.
Utter nonsense. 675k is a grip PERIOD! Only a tiny sliver of Americans can afford a mortgage on that sum.

"That isn't much for a house nowadays." LMAO....please.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Well aren't you a nasty, rude person.

And you're the one ignorant of what "working class" means. Dentists and doctors and lawyers are most certainly not part of the "working class."

I gave the definition of working class in an earlier post. Apparently nobody believes a dictionary anymore.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:52 PM

361 posts, read 272,851 times
everyone get over it Rubio does live in a nice house in a working class neighborhood, maybe hes a complete assh*le besides that i dont know but him living in a working class neighborhood of Cubans who a majority had spanish as there first language is a FACT

Old 02-13-2013, 12:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
And we care why! who in the hell cares where someone lives. I know people who live in that area, that live in mansions, your point is.

I doubt seriously Rubio grew up in this kind of area.

There are homes in that area, that cost way more then his. Problem is what. The man was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth, so get over it already.

People are free to live where they live. My home is worth more then his what's the point.

I have friends who consider themsmelves upper middle class, and their homes are in the $400 range.

Nor do i care where Obama lives, and there are many more questionable questions about Obama any day then Rubio.

I applaud any one who has achieved success in their life, and loathe those who make excuses.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Who cares about the waterboy from Miami? He proved yet again the repugs have no good choices for 2016.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:59 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
you are a blabbing bias idiot, im sorry i have to resort to name calling but i do, He does live in a working class cuban neighborhood. Thats that i said nothing about his policy or anything else. Im only talking about his neighborhood get a life you biased ignorent idiot
West Miami is not a working class neighborhood. I've been to that neighborhood before, visited the Venetian Pool. It is not working class. It's not rich but certainly not working class.

Calle ocho a few miles east is working class, but that's a different neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies