Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 01:03 PM

361 posts, read 272,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
West Miami is not a working class neighborhood. I've been to that neighborhood before, visited the Venetian Pool. It is not working class. It's not rich but certainly not working class.

Calle ocho a few miles east is working class, but that's a different neighborhood.
im going off of what i read online i can be wrong but thats all i could judge by
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 01:04 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Utter nonsense. 675k is a grip PERIOD! Only a tiny sliver of Americans can afford a mortgage on that sum.

"That isn't much for a house nowadays." LMAO....please.
Most living in those (like myself) bought at some time about 20 years ago so though my house is worth that my mortgage was a whopping 899 a month and after a complete redo it went up to a shocking 1200 a month. Working stiff here.

My sis started with a 90 K condo and now lives near the ocean and it's worth about 1.2 million. I think she said her mortgage was about 2400 but property taxes really hurt.

My neighbor sold at the height for 720 and she bought it for 16 back in the day.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:05 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Looks like a standard middle class house here in California. Looks like all the outdoor furniture, patio cover, gas range and kids play house is from Costco. Based on the pictures it looks like his whole house is Costco funished. I actually have a few of the same items in my Middle Class home from costco. Even the pots holding the plants around the pool look like the ones they were selling at Costco last year.

What's wrong? can't a Latino man make good?
Rubio's $675K is not the standard West Miami house. According to tax records, he bought the house in 2005 for $550K - about what my Miami house would have been worth at the time. From what I can tell, it's way over priced today at $675K. Maybe he thinks his name attached to a property is worth some extra bucks...

Property Viewer
(Put Marco Rubio in the search tool and choose 6060 SW 13 ST)

Rubio is not "Latino," he is Cuban. The average Latino did/does NOT get the same opportunities to "make good" as does the average Cuban. So, the answer to your question is, "No."

Old 02-13-2013, 01:08 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
I'm from California so I'm not impressed by the price.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What Marco left out of his opening statement is that he is selling his $675,000 working class(sic) home to move to Washington.

Marco Rubio Puts Miami House For Sale For $675,000 To Move Family To DC (PHOTOS)
Did you watch his speech? I don't remember him saying he lives in a working class neighborhood. I heard him say, his parents, came to America, his dad was a bar tender,mom a casheire and maid. They worked to give thier kids a better life. He never claimed he is not working class...he knows better than that and you know he didn't say he is...

Old 02-13-2013, 01:15 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The question on everyone's lips is, did Rubio buy his home with some under the table help from a convicted felon, like Obama did?
He bought the house from SANVAL BOATS LLC, whose office address is a mailbox # in a shopping center. In Miami, there's always the chance that a politico has gotten some under the table help from somewhere/someone.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:19 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I'm from California so I'm not impressed by the price.
Maybe not for a high roller like yourself, but a $675,000 home has a mortgage of $3,000, not including taxes, insurance, maintenance, and utilities.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
you guys really should admit defeat on this thread

MARCO RUBIO DOES LIVE IN A WORKING CLASS CUBAN NEIGHBORHOOD

Now why in the world do you think that a $650K house would not be in a "working class" neighborhood? Again, I live in the midwest and in a market where homes are not over priced. A $650K home in our neighborhood would be on the very low end of homes.

Are there $650K houses in "working class' neighborhoods where I live? Yes. I would imagine that the price of homes is higher in Florida as well.

Again- why no outrage over-

1. Obama's $2 million home purchased from a felon?

2. Obama's use of coke and pot?

3. Obama using drones to target US citizens?

4. confiscating electronics on the border without due process?

5. Out of control spending with no budget for four years?

6. Fast and Furious?

7. Benghazi?

8. Higher taxes?

9. Obamacare?

10. 54 million on foodstamps?

11. Real unemployment at 22%?

12. national debt at $17 trillion?

If the left is so confused that they concern themselves with Rubio's house, rather than real issues................... well................... it shows why they are liberals and voted for Obama in the first place. Anyone with an ounce of sense would be more concerned about the above pressing issues which face the US.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-13-2013 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: off topic

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times
Miami and DC are two of the highest cost property markets in the U.S.; even after the real estate crash. Just take a peak at the Miami, DC, and Northern VA forums here on C-D. At best, $675K is upper middle class in Miami, and in the DC area it won't buy you much unless you live in the outer suburbs. You can't compare these values with "normal" America, where such a house would probably be worth 1/3 as much.

Furthermore, that's just his asking price. I'm sure any of the Realtors here can run comps; I'd WAG it's worth at best $600K.

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
everyone get over it Rubio does live in a nice house in a working class neighborhood, maybe hes a complete assh*le besides that i dont know but him living in a working class neighborhood of Cubans who a majority had spanish as there first language is a FACT

He may live in the same general area that he grew up in.... but he does NOT live in a working class neighborhood. Maybe NEAR a working class neighborhood is more accurate.

It is a middle class neighborhood in Miami -- dare I say an UPPER middle class neighborhood based on the comparables of homes sold, which are between tabout he 500 and 800k mark:

Sw 13th St, West Miami, FL 33144 - RealtyTrac

I don't know what world some people live in, but most Americans will never purchase a 500k house, let alone a 675k house.

And if his home is valued at even 500k, he's paying about 10k in taxes (rough average of 2% of assessed value/year in Florida) and a couple more thousand in home owner's insurance.

Miami can be expensive, but it's no Manhattan.

So... glad that he (like Obama) made it on their own... but cut the crap with the "I feel your pain" nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies