Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 04:02 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,409 times

Advertisements

You're naive ignorant posts are so amusing. I don't see how anyone can live day to day without getting your advice. You're "handle" sure fits your posts Anus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anus View Post
the police shot someone while surfing? That really happened in the Dorner case? Please provide us with the news report.

Seeing as surfing isn't suspicious.

and he wasn't near the beach. He was driving on his way to the beach (from Torrance). As if the police could read his mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 12:26 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,409 times
You know as we'll as I do, Nomander, that the stupid things Arus proposes would allow cops even more leeway to break the law and violate the rights of innocent civilians! Stupidity at its grandest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You know what, I don't care anymore....

I hope you get exactly what you argue for. Nor more, nor less.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-15-2013 at 01:53 PM..

Old 02-15-2013, 02:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Spence. I would have to say a 'Vast majority would give up all their Rights, if they just knew what their Rights were.

I guess some Sheep Jump any time a cops says to, and all they can get wrong is how high.

When cops tell me to jump, My reply is may I leave now, and if they say jump again I reply I AM leaving now.

Lingering around to discover I have some object or another under my control I never saw before is not an option.

One would think cops could get their colors right if nothing else.

Also it's a good thing these 'Trained' marksmen can't shoot for chit or 3 innocent people would be dead.

Now I don't know about the training these cops got, but where I hunt in Buck Only Season that deer better have antlers.

I can assure you it is a lot harder to see if a deer has antlers than it is to tell the color of trucks.
This whole thing is so bogus that I gotta go run to town and buy another puke bucket.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:36 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
the only people who use the word sheep to describe others, are usually the sheep ( by believing in conspiracy theory nonsense)

Old 02-15-2013, 02:46 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Nothing wrong with what happened in that cabin. If you are actively engaged in a killing spree against police and civilians and violently resist capture, then naturally police will and should use lethal force to contain the threat. If you want right to due process, you have to actually surrender first and enter the legal assessment process.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:49 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Well done, LAPD. What you did was horrible... but it was the right thing to do in this case. You HAD to take out this HUGE threat right away, and were left with no other possible way to do it.

Rabid animals must always be stopped. Mission accomplished.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:06 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
You know as we'll as I do, Nomander, that the stupid things Arus proposes would allow cops even more leeway to break the law and violate the rights of innocent civilians! Stupidity at its grandest!
Agreed, but these people are so stupid, so ignorant, so naive, that they think everything will be honky dory and the world will be a better place.

You and I both know that by continuing the disregard for their actions will eventually lead to the acts of officers committing heinous atrocities without any major consequence.

If only it were the result that those who supported such uncontrolled power received such punishment, but these stupid morons never see the light until it is the spark of light from the end of a barrel. Until then, the rest of us suffer at the idiocy of these people as they throw away all of our freedoms.

To hell with them, may they suffer the death of their own stupidity, not by my hand, but by the very people they worship. May they suffer, may it be an agonizing pain of realization. I am done with them.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:07 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Couple things I'm not clear on.

1.) Is this true? Sometimes things on "infowars.com" aren't.

2.) I had heard that all scanners were shut down at some point during this firefight, and that everyone except police were moved WAY back, like five miles away from the cabin Dorner was in. If so, how do we know these things were being said? How long is the range on a scanner, particular in a wooded area? Are there extended-range scanners?

3.) Does anybody have any audio files, on Youtube or wherever, of these things actually being said?

That said, I'm not as incensed as I could have been over this. Dorner may have indeed had a grievance. But he then murdered a cop, and not in self-defense. AND THEN HE WENT AFTER THE COP'S FAMILY, AND KILLED SOME OF THEM TOO, INCLUDING A DAUGHTER.

To me that takes out any "grievance" he might have had. One he did that, he was nothing but a mad dog, a HUGE uncontrollable threat to anyone around him, and deserved only to be shot down at the earliest opportunity. And if he refused to surrender and made it difficult to even shoot him down (as he did), then burning down the house he's in, is a legitimate move. It is the police's job to protect the public, and to remove HUGE, UNCONTROLLABLE threats, using WHATEVER means they have to.

But we live in a society today that kicks five-year-olds out of school for forming their fingers into little "guns" and saying "Pow". Such a society is unlikely to praise the police for burning down the house with Dorner in it. I can hear the "Judge, jury, and executioner" screams coming now. From people who would not object to those same police shooting a German Shepard that was staggering down the street, snapping at anyone and anything he saw, with wild eyes and foam dripping from his mouth (an actual mad dog). When Dorner went after the murdered cop's FAMILY, he became no better than that rabid German Shepard, by his own doing, and deserved no more consideration.

Well done, LAPD. What you did was horrible... but it was the right thing to do in this case. You HAD to take out this HUGE threat right away, and were left with no other possible way to do it.

--------------------------------------------------

http://www.infowars.com/lapd-audio-f...-mother****er/

Police Audio From Dorner Siege: “Burn This Mother****er”

“Alright, we’re gonna go ahead with the plan with the burners”

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
February 13, 2013

Police audio from the Christopher Dorner siege reveals a deliberate plan to burn down the cabin in which Dorner was trapped, with one officer heard to say, “****ing burn this mother****er,” before police discussed their intention to, “go ahead with the plan with the burners.”

The audio was captured on police scanners as well as being picked up by a local news broadcast. More than seven agencies, federal, state and local were involved in the final hours of the siege. The LAPD SWAT Team was airlifted in to carry out the final raid, with reports later confirming, “the SWAT team had the cabin surrounded.” San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputies were also involved in the standoff. The video above is from captured police scanner transmissions which were broadcast online shortly before authorities ordered them to be disabled.

“Alright, we’re gonna go ahead with the plan with the burners,” one officer says.

“Copy,” replies another.

“Like we talked about,” the first officer responds.

“The burners are deployed, and we have a fire,” says another officer moments later, before the police dispatcher repeats the statement.

Within minutes of the fire starting, police note that the cabin is “starting to collapse.”

Police are also heard discussing if they are ready to “bring fire”.

“Burners” is police slang for tear gas canisters, which are known to cause fires.

In a separate clip carried by a local news channel, police are heard to say, “****ing burn this mother****er,” and “burn that ****ing house down.” This audio appears to be from earlier in the siege following the initial shootout between Dorner and cops.

In another audio clip broadcast by CBS Los Angeles, police are heard saying, “get the gas, burn it down,” clearly indicating cops knew use of tear gas would set the cabin on fire.
Maybe he should have thought about the ramifications of killing innocent cops. He was a thug and brought it upon himself.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Maybe he should have thought about the ramifications of killing innocent cops. He was a thug and brought it upon himself.

Maybe he was thinking the exact same thing of their actions?

Thing is, we don't know and we can't know unless we allow proper process to achieve the result.

I would prefer that our legal system isn't ran in such a subjective an unverifiable manner, wouldn't you agree?

Old 02-15-2013, 04:33 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Maybe he was thinking the exact same thing of their actions?
You think the police actions and Dorner's actions were the same?

Quote:
Thing is, we don't know and we can't know unless we allow proper process to achieve the result.
Well, Dorner brought it upon himself by not turning himself in, after killing the couple and the manhunt started for him. Instead he killed two more officers, injured 2 more, held three people hostage, stole two cars, and holed himself up in a cabin, shooting at officers with a sniper rifle.

The process starts when he is arrested for his crimes. He didn't give anyone the chance to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies