Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh I heard what he said up until he flushed his message down the toilet, but I am sure you were tugging along to his every word.
I haven't listened to his little talk. The mere fact that it has you folks up in arms and screaming about how he took a drink of water and where he lives now tells me he was spot on though. You don't like it when a dose of reality is given which he apparently gave you and go immediatly into attack mode. Just like Carson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Nah, Rubio is a tea partier. Which means he is a joke. If he were a sensible moderate, we might be worried.
Actually he's not Tea Party. But to find that out would taking reading about him.

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How dare he take a swig of water or disagree with anything dear leader has to say. I remember one of the darlings of the left at one time screaming this to their cheers........... how times have changed..........

Hillary Clinton - I am Sick & Tired (Right to Protest) - YouTube
I didn't watch SOTU but since most folks on my Facebook feed are Black I saw some posts about him taking a swig of water. The idiots made it sound like it was a cardinal sin. Ooh he was caught on camera drinking water,ooh.

So silly.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rubio is through. Romney gave the same speech a thousand times without sweat pouring off him or needing a gulp of water. The Kochs are very displeased with their token brown man.
Now he's a token. Thanks for proving my point.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:17 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,409 times
Rubio is hardly an enemy of the left, after last nights performance he will be a gift to the left if he runs for president in 2016, he is an amateur plain and simple.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Nah, Rubio is a tea partier. Which means he is a joke. If he were a sensible moderate, we might be worried.
If he is the hero of the teaparty as libs would like to think, how come Rand gave the Teaparty response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I didn't watch SOTU but since most folks on my Facebook feed are Black I saw some posts about him taking a swig of water. The idiots made it sound like it was a cardinal sin. Ooh he was caught on camera drinking water,ooh.

So silly.
Apparently drinking water and sweating are cardinal sins.

LOL

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I haven't listened to his little talk. The mere fact that it has you folks up in arms and screaming about how he took a drink of water and where he lives now tells me he was spot on though. You don't like it when a dose of reality is given which he apparently gave you and go immediatly into attack mode. Just like Carson.
Oh so this is all fake outrage over something you have never watched. You know what is wonderful about technology, you have the ability to watch things that have already happened. Maybe you should take 15minutes to watch his speech and tell us your reaction when you see him lean off to the bottom right of your screen like he is trying to catch a turtle.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:19 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
He's the silver lining of the GOP. In a few years, he'll have a shot.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:20 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rubio is through. Romney gave the same speech a thousand times without sweat pouring off him or needing a gulp of water. The Kochs are very displeased with their token brown man.
To be honest, as a person who has done a fair bit of public speaking, I actually sympathize on the water issue. When I am nervous, my mouth can go dry as a bone. Unpleasant feeling. I think it shows he was nervous, but who wouldn't be?

Not that I like Rubio. I think he is a pretty frat boy, who like Ryan, is a corporate prostitute. If I am proven wrong, I'll admit it, but from what I see, he is another GOP spin doctor, not a leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies