Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 03:57 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
As long as I don't own my home, I am scared of him. If I somehow am able to own a home, I will no longer be scared of him.
You do realize that your landlord pays property taxes and passes the bill along to you? You may not see it in black and white, but as a renter you are paying property taxes too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 03:58 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Not really, it was just a dumb thing to do, he couldn't wait two more minutes before the camera stopped rolling? It was a great way to shoot himself in the foot, no one remembers anything he had to say, but everyone remembers him taking a chug of water on camera.

Heck, it is a big enough deal for you to complaint how big of a deal people are making it.
His career is ruined.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:59 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
He is the enemy in your eyes. That is what is wrong with the left. Anyone who doesn't agree is the enemy. Their character is assassinated all with the help of the propaganda masters in the media. They are right now digging up dirt on Ben Carson I'm sure to attack him next in case he dare speak his mind again. It's pathetic.
That's all the leftist fanatics CAN do. They can't refute what he says or argue with his ideas. Attack, denigrate, smear, and destroy him personally is the only response they have to ANY conservative. Especially a popular, well-spoken one.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:02 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
That's all the leftist fanatics CAN do. They can't refute what he says or argue with his ideas. Attack, denigrate, smear, and destroy him personally is the only response they have to ANY conservative. Especially a popular, well-spoken one.
I can't understand why the left are such foaming at the mouth defamers. Are they so insecure in their views that they feel the need to do that?

Old 02-13-2013, 04:06 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I can't understand why the left are such foaming at the mouth defamers. Are they so insecure in their views that they feel the need to do that?
Yes.

They are nothing but gangs of bullies.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-14-2013 at 03:49 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
He gave a speech about how government helped him, his family and basically said that your family doesn't need government help.

That was it in a nutshell.

Not much to refute.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
"Enemy #1?"

Hardly.
He is the butt of jokes today, will be forgotten tomorrow.

This is his fifteen minutes.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:21 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
You do realize that your landlord pays property taxes and passes the bill along to you? You may not see it in black and white, but as a renter you are paying property taxes too.

Of course I realize that. I also realize that if property taxes are cut and sales taxes are increased, I pay more with my left hand and get NOTHING in my right hand, therefore I become worse off.

Remember Prop 13? Property taxes were cut an average 57%, rents soared, angry renters got a number of local rent controls passed.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:22 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Nah, Rubio is a tea partier. Which means he is a joke. If he were a sensible moderate, we might be worried.

(Oops, guess I was wrong...see post below)
Dems can't handle anyone who tells the truth. That's why they like Liar Obama.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rubio is through. Romney gave the same speech a thousand times without sweat pouring off him or needing a gulp of water. The Kochs are very displeased with their token brown man.

Why are you so racist?
This is not productive to your cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies