Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 06:28 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well it appears they didn't even have a positive ID on the guy in the cabin nor did they intend to burn it.
When the guy in the cabin is shooting at you, his conclusive identification at that moment is probably not the highest priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 06:46 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
It appears according to the police if you "looked and behaved like Dorner" your fair game. Serve and protect. LOL

Old 02-13-2013, 07:08 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
How many houses have you owned that burned?
None, but I have been in plenty of houses with fire damage and some that completely burned to the ground.

Your above house sustained severe damage but it didn't burn to the ground. The difference is important, if the fire is so hot that all walls and floors disintegrate there is no hope for a DL. If the fire is not so intense that some walls and shelves stand (as in your photo) items near or on have a chance to survive.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i believe 1/2 of what i see and none of what i hear.
i think there is much to this case that is not being made public.
nothing new there.
i sense alot of distrust on the part of posters of LAPD and the governnment. its probably well placed.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
I'm usually not on the side of the tin foil hat crowd, but I do question this one. Why would he keep an ID on him in the first place? I understand leaving one near the Mexican border, but why on earth would he be carrying an ID at all, knowing that he is the most wanted mean in the US?

Old 02-13-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I'm usually not on the side of the tin foil hat crowd, but I do question this one. Why would he keep an ID on him in the first place? I understand leaving one near the Mexican border, but why on earth would he be carrying an ID at all, knowing that he is the most wanted mean in the US?
You don't need an ID to get into Mexico. You do need an ID (passport, but they have a line for those without documents) to get back into the USA.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:24 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
You don't need an ID to get into Mexico. You do need an ID (passport, but they have a line for those without documents) to get back into the USA.

I lived in San Diego, crossed the border all the time and used my DL to get back into the US. I know how that works. The part that I don't get is why the man would still be carrying and ID with his real name on it when he was found in the cabin. If you were a fugitive on the run, why would you carry an ID with your real name on it?

Old 02-13-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I lived in San Diego, crossed the border all the time and used my DL to get back into the US. I know how that works. The part that I don't get is why the man would still be carrying and ID with his real name on it when he was found in the cabin. If you were a fugitive on the run, why would you carry an ID with your real name on it?
My guess was that it was in his wallet and he never took it out. He obviously didn't plan this very well. He had no escape plan nor alternate ids.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,371 times
I think you're right. This morning I watched as the cops were yelling to burn the MF down. A few hours later they're trying to backtrack and say they didn't. I also saw the so-called news conference where the cops kissed each others ass and admitted using "burners" but then saying they didn't intend to burn it down. Then they cut the news conference short.

My opinion hasn't changed. They're a bunch of lying punk thugs that will do anything to cover for each other and everybody else be damned. They didn't care who was in there at that point just like they didn't care if they were shooting Asian ladies in the back!

Those tactics aren't new! They would have burned Randy Weavers house at Ruby Ridge if there hadn't been so many witnesses that they couldn't get rid of. They are the lowest life form on the planet. And since they investigate themselves, they have no worries. It's nothing to them to kill & destroy whoever they want for any reason or no reason at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well it appears they didn't even have a positive ID on the guy in the cabin nor did they intend to burn it. The two ladies in the truck and the surfer dude looked like Dorner too according to these fools. I guess those guys screaming burn the mother**** down were just joking...........

""We did not intend to burn down that cabin to get Mr. Dorner to come out," Sheriff John McMahon said at an afternoon news conference.He said deputies initially fired "cold" tear gas into the cabin newar Big Bear Lake, then switched to "pyrotechnic-type" rounds" known as "burners."
He said authorities have strong evidence that the man deputies tracked to a cabin in a ski resort looked and behaved like Dorner. And though he still could not "absolutely, positively confirm" that the charred body found inside was Dorners, the sheriff said the coroner would likely made the determination "soon."

Also they are still protecting the ones threatened. So they don't even know who they killed as of yet. Nice work cops.

"Still, police will continue to protect dozens of officers and others Dorner threatened in his rambling manifesto, Neiman said."

Sheriff: No intent to burn down cabin to get Dorner

Old 02-13-2013, 07:48 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It's a conspiracy - truthers, birthers, hookers, and now dorners.
Proud to be everyone of those except a Hooker. I don't believe the official story but I don't think there is a conspiracy there. Oh and add to that list the fact I don't believe the "official" stories about the shooting in Wisconsin sikh temple or the movie theater in Colorado.Both had witnesses saying there was more than 1 person involved yet no LE official will admit it. Guess those witnesses were just lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies