Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 05:13 PM

112 posts, read 207,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell14 View Post
students taught: It’s unfair to be white

i love being white! My kids love being white,i celebrate my race and heritage and culture whenever i get a chance. I get up in the morning thanking nature for giving me white skin! Nothing you will do will ever make me upset i am white the same goes for my wife and children.go ahead make fun,call me racist,bigot,inbred i don't care! I really don't.
WHITE POWER!!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:26 PM

67 posts, read 71,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesABQ View Post
WHITE POWER!!
I love the little "edited for language" note at the bottom of the post you quoted. Apparently, unabashed white supremacy is a-ok but saying "****" is unacceptable.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:21 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,473,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Students taught: It’s unfair to be white

I LOVE BEING WHITE! My kids LOVE being white,I celebrate my race and heritage and culture whenever I get a chance. I get up in the morning thanking nature for giving me white skin! NOTHING you will do will ever make me upset I am white the same goes for my wife and children.Go ahead make fun,call me racist,bigot,inbred I don't care! I really don't.
Given this story was reported on a well-known far-right extremist blog, I would question the reality behind this article.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:24 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,591,116 times
And people on this board say blacks are the most obsessed with race, this board proves otherwise!

Old 02-19-2013, 06:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,454,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Given this story was reported on a well-known far-right extremist blog, I would question the reality behind this article.
From campusreform.org:

Quote:
The self-titled Un-Fair Campaign, is sponsored and supported by the University of Minnesota - Duluth, along with several liberal organizations including the NAACP, YWCA, and The League of Woman Voters.

It's not fake. Some brainaic liberals really did get together and think it would be a great idea to get caucasion students and paint their faces with white-guilt statements about how unfair their skin color was.

Any self respecting liberal should be just as ashamed of that as I am that KKK losers call themselves conservatives.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:16 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,907,447 times
Oh it's real. Pathetic, but real:

Wisc. University Stands By Campaign To Teach Diversity By Writing ‘Unfair’ On White Students’ Faces | Mediaite

Old 02-19-2013, 07:54 PM

799 posts, read 1,092,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
There is no "melanin theory" to rebut, anymore than one can rebut "Agenda 21" or any host of nutbaggery theories, histories, stories and fabrications perpetuated by crazies.

Melanin theory is a pseudoscientific, racist theory,[1] founded in the distortion of the known physical properties of melanin, a natural polymer and organic semiconductor.[2] In humans, melanin is the primary determinant of skin color. People whose ancestors lived for long periods in the regions of the globe near the equator generally have larger quantities of eumelanin in their skins. Melanin theorists assert that the possession of greater quantities of melanin causes an inherent superiority of black people. Conversely, its lack demonstrates the alleged inhumanity and inferiority of white people.

Some black supremacists justify supremacist assertions by assigning dubious properties to melanin based on pseudoscience and distortions of scientific fact or speculation. [B]Scientists consider melanin theory pseudoscience; it has no credibility in mainstream medicine or science.[
3][4][/b]

Melanin theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again: Africans have a fine enough history to lean on that intelligent people do not need to be drawn into craziness about melanin having mystic powers.
So you want to use Wikipedia as a source, well watch how they actually back what I've been saying...

Melanin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In humans, melanin is the primary determinant of skin color. It is also found in hair, the pigmented tissue underlying the iris of the eye, and the stria vascularis of the inner ear. In the brain, tissues with melanin include the medulla and pigment-bearing neurons within areas of the brainstem, such as the locus coeruleus and the substantia nigra (remember this word). It also occurs in the zona reticularis of the adrenal gland....

Neuromelanin is the dark pigment present in pigment-bearing neurons of mainly four deep brain nuclei. These are the substantia nigra (from the Latin black substance) - Pars Compacta part, the locus coeruleus (blue spot), the dorsal motor nucleus of the vagus nerve (cranial nerve X), and the median raphe nucleus of the pons. Both the substantia nigra and locus coeruleus can be easily identified grossly at the time of autopsy because of their dark pigmentation. In humans, these nuclei are not pigmented at the time of birth, but develop pigmentation during maturation to adulthood.
Although the functional nature of neuromelanin is unknown in the brain, the pigment is made from oxyradical metabolites of monoamine neurotransmitters including dopamine and norepinephrine. Luigi Zecca and David Sulzer present evidence that neuromelanin pigment is an autophagy product that accumulates in lysosomes, which are unable to effectively degrade it.[9] In this way, the synthesis of neuromelanin is protective as its encapsulation within the autophagic organelle removes it from reacting with sites in the neuronal cytosol that could lead to neurotoxicity. Other evidence, e.g.[10][11][12] suggests a more active role. Electronic "device" functions (see below) are also possible.
While neuromelanin becomes higher throughout life in most people,[13] the loss of pigmented neurons from specific nuclei is seen in a variety of neurodegenerative diseases. In Parkinson's disease there is massive loss of dopamine-producing pigmented neurons in the substantia nigra and locus coeruleus. High levels of neuromelanin are also detected in other primates, and in carnivores such as cats and dogs.

Nicotine has an affinity for melanin-containing tissues because of its precursor function in melanin synthesis or its irreversible binding of melanin. This has been suggested to underlie the increased nicotine dependence and lower smoking cessation rates in darker pigmented individuals

In 1963, D.E Weiss and coworkers reported[33][34][35] high electrical conductivity in a melanin,iodine-doped and oxidized polypyrrole "Black"

Melanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Melanin has several physiological roles in maintaining health, such as the synthesis of vitamin D. Melanin is the primary determinant of the degree of skin pigmentation and protects the body from harmful ultraviolet radiation. Synthesis of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 in the skin, however, is dependent on ultraviolet B light. Highly pigmented skin, to the level found in people of African origin, abrogates almost all ultraviolet-induced 1,25-(OH)2D3 synthesis. Numerous animal models and clinical studies have underlined the essential role of vitamin D as a modulator of the different processes of the immune system. Evidence indicates that serum concentrations of 1,25-(OH)2D3 and the prevalence of autoimmune diseases in a certain population are associated with the latitude at which that population resides.

Substantia nigra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The substantia nigra is a brain structure located in the mesencephalon (midbrain) that plays an important role in reward, addiction, and movement. Substantia nigra is Latin for "black substance", reflecting the fact that parts of the substantia nigra appear darker than neighboring areas due to high levels of melanin in dopaminergic neurons.[citation needed] Parkinson's disease is characterized by the death of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra pars compacta.

The substantia nigra is an important player in brain function, in particular, in eye movement, motor planning, reward-seeking, learning, and addiction. Many of the substantia nigra's effects are mediated through the striatum. The nigral dopaminergic input to the striatum via the nigrostriatal pathway is intimately linked with the striatum's function.[5] The co-dependence between the striatum and substantia nigra can be seen in this way: when the substantia nigra is electrically stimulated, no movement occurs; however, the symptoms of nigral degeneration due to Parkinson's is a poignant example of the substantia nigra's influence on movement. In addition to striatum-mediated functions, the substantia nigra also serves as a major source of GABAergic inhibition to various brain targets.

Afrikan/Black People do not put yourselves or your children especially, on psychotropic "medication." It will make them addicted moreso at an early age and prone to using other street drugs throughout their life. The info below is scientific evidence, if you don't trust Wikipedia I'm pretty sure you can find throughout the web and libraries with the necessary willpower, but I will still help out if need be.

Like cocaine, amphetamine increases the concentrations of dopamine in the synaptic cleft, thereby heightening the response of the post-synaptic neuron.[39] Also like cocaine, the altered dopamine function contributes to the addictiveness of amphetamines.
The mechanism by which amphetamines increase synaptic levels of dopamine is to release dopamine from pre-synaptic vesicles, increasing concentrations of dopamine in the cytosol of the pre-synaptic neuron.[40] The high concentration of dopamine in the pre-synaptic terminal causes the reverse transport of dopamine through the dopamine transporter (DAT) and into the synaptic cleft.

Cocaine's mechanism of action in the human brain includes the inhibition of dopamine reuptake,[34] which accounts for cocaine's addictive properties, as dopamine is the critical neurotransmitter for reward. However, cocaine is more active in the dopaminergic neurons of the ventral tegmental area than the substantia nigra. Cocaine administration increases metabolism in the substantia nigra, which can explain the altered motor function seen in cocaine-using subjects.[35] The inhibition of dopamine reuptake by cocaine also inhibits the firing of spontaneous action potentials by the pars compacta.[36] The mechanism by which cocaine inhibits dopamine reuptake involves its binding to the dopamine transporter protein. However, recent studies show that cocaine can also cause a decrease in DAT mRNA levels,[37] most likely due to cocaine blocking dopamine receptors rather than direct interference with transcriptional or translational pathways.[37]
Inactivation of the substantia nigra could prove to be a possible treatment for cocaine addiction. In a study of cocaine-dependent rats, inactivation of the substantia nigra via implanted cannulae greatly reduced cocaine addiction relapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Then I would ask him, "Hoods, was it the melanin which did it? Is that the secret to your success?"

The point remains in either case, racial traits mean dck. You would have to be some brand of sucker to swallow a b.s. theory like 'my melanin made me do it'. Only continuous failure and ineptitude could drive a man to such an ideology, so I made the call based on that assumption. Am I far off hoods?
Quote:
Savage discrimination huh? :'| <--- that's a tear on my cheek. I shed it just for him.
You really must read more into melanin, I provided some info from your favorite research site, Wikipedia

Quote:
Also, I'm confused.... why on EARTH would you condone ANY racist superiority ideologies?

The goal of anti-racists is to eradicate it in ALL of its forms... not, "except stupid black racism as something that I guess black people can't help".... the guy pretty much stated Asians and Europeans are not "real humans".... that kind of crap is not excusable, and if a white supremacist said the same thing he'd be shouted down for his ignorance.
It was only racist because I got under your skin during the argument when I was intentionally ridiculing you. By the way Asians have another ancestor in which they share with Afrikans but not Europeans, need any help finding that or must I give you another education class?

Last edited by HoodsofATL; 02-19-2013 at 08:47 PM..

Old 02-19-2013, 07:55 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,718,038 times
Quote:
Savage discrimination huh? :'| <--- that's a tear on my cheek. I shed it just for him.
Hey, I tried to help you formulate the correct question you should be asking. Your questions were inadequate.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:56 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,718,038 times
Quote:
I think it's obvious. The "savage discrimination" (or the perceived discrimination) has affected his psyche and self-esteem to the point that he has turned to reactionary and racist leaders to find self-affirmation in crack pot afrocentrism, revisionist history and bizarre mysticism.

It should not be encouraged or tolerated.

Really, it's not much different than the same forces at play that motivate white nationalism (or Chicano nationalism, or any other racist supremacist theorists). Ignorance, fear, and usually a disadvantaged background somehow left out from the mainstream.

That he has access to a computer and education are all the tools that he needs to make a better life for himself. But neither he, nor anyone else will get ahead immersing themselves in crackpottery.
Afrocentrism? What does that mean in your little lexicon?

Old 02-20-2013, 05:10 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,742,592 times
Quote:
There is no dispute that the media has DEPICTIONS of cave people.My claim was that cave people WERE NOT AS DEPICTED.

Let's break that down in SIMPLE English for you: Cave people in real life were not what you find on the TV or in movies.

Again, you might learn this when you actually get you some edumacation some day.

You may not listen to Kanye West, but both you AND him drink from the same fountain of ignorance:

European visitors to Egypt prior to Napoleon's expedition had already discovered the vandalism to the Sphinx. In 1546, for example, when Dr. Pierre Belon explored Egypt, he visited "the great colossus." "The Sphinx," writes Leslie Greener in The Discovery Of Egypt (London : Cassell, 1966), p.38, by this time "no longer [had] the stamp of grace and beauty so admired by Abdel Latif in 1200." Greener goes on to say: "this exonerates the artillerymen of Napoleon Bonaparte, who have the popular reputation of having used the nose of the Sphinx as a target." The charge against Napoleon is particularly unjust because the French general brought with him a large group of "savants" to conduct the first scientific study of Egypt and its antiquities.

Finally, an article by Ulrich Haarmann, "Regional Sentiment in Medieval Islamic Egypt," published in the University of London's Bulletin Of The School Of Oriental And African Studies (BSOAS), vol.43 (1980) p.55-66, states that according to Makrizi, Rashidi and other medieval Arab scholars, the face of the Sphinx was vandalized in 1378 A.D. by Mohammed Sa'im al-Dahr, a "fanatical sufi of the oldest and most highly respected sufi convent of Cairo." The nose and ears are mentioned specifically as having been damaged at this time. According to one account, Haarmann states, the residents in the neighborhood of the Sphinx were so upset by the destruction that they lynched him and buried him near the great monument he ruined. (Thanks to Ann Macy Roth's article in the online Ancient Near East Digest (University of Chicago, Oriental Institute) for the information on Haarmann's article).

Faq#11: Who shot off the nose of the Sphinx?

Your spiritual mystic crap is your claim that "blacks are more spiritual than whites"... you shamelessly continue to perpetuate such nonsense, AND BELIEVE IT. Some populations are more RELIGIOUS than others, but that's really a symptom of undereducation and gullibility unrelated to inborn racial differences!

On the contrary. In two threads alone you were wrong about the DNA of Neandethals and humans.

And, I asked you about Napolean because it's the #1 calling card for an Afrocentrist "scholar" who is talking out of his or her rear end.

Now carry on putting your head in the sand.

Or do the high schoolers have today off because it's dead white president's day?
Talk about BS... I was flipping thru the channels one day and stopped when I saw this black woman dressed in so called African garb with a turbine on her head, she was some college professor and was saying how white people flew over Africa and dropped the aids virus everywhere. I guess it was her convoluted attempt to explain the AIDS epidemic in Africa. My point is, this is the kind of revisionist bullchit or just plain bullchit these liberal black college professors are teaching and many actually believe this crap is true. How about teaching the truth for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.