Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2013, 07:47 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
LIke I said not nearly as much as their white counterparts, thanks for providing evidence, even though its from the one of the biggest gang-sets in the nation.
Not nearly as much? Based on the data we have whites and hispanics are statistically less likely to commit rape than AA's. The FBI guards race and rape data pretty closely so we can't read too much into the data, but the data we have doesn't indicate that AA's are less likely to commit rape. Unless you are just talking about raw numbers, but that doesn't say much.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:53 PM

799 posts, read 1,094,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Not nearly as much? Based on the data we have whites and hispanics are statistically less likely to commit rape than AA's. The FBI guards race and rape data pretty closely so we can't read too much into the data, but the data we have doesn't indicate that AA's are less likely to commit rape. Unless you are just talking about raw numbers, but that doesn't say much.
Yes I'm talking about raw numbers.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:43 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
An intelligent person never looks at raw numbers. Native-Americans represent only about 1% of the total population. While non-hispanic whites are 65% of the population. If you only looked at raw numbers, then native-Americans could potentially commit crimes at 64 times the rate of whites, and then you could say "whites commit more crime than native-americans".

Does that make your argument valid? No, its a way of presenting the information in a way that intentionally deceives the reader to create false assumptions.

All statistics should be presented in the form of averages/rates. Otherwise, they are absolutely useless.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:54 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,359 times
Quote:
do you understand percentages hoods?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
do you understand percentages hoods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
An intelligent person never looks at raw numbers. Native-Americans represent only about 1% of the total population. While non-hispanic whites are 65% of the population. If you only looked at raw numbers, then native-Americans could potentially commit crimes at 64 times the rate of whites, and then you could say "whites commit more crime than native-americans".

Does that make your argument valid? No, its a way of presenting the information in a way that intentionally deceives the reader to create false assumptions.

All statistics should be presented in the form of averages/rates. Otherwise, they are absolutely useless.
Who checks the FBI Statistics? Why would I trust an institution's raw numbers or percentages when they blatantly lie to the public?

Old 02-22-2013, 04:32 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
All I've simply done was present evidence that my ideas are correct, even from the same sources that you used and showed evidence of the benefits of melanin. The term "afrocentric" is a loose umbrella term for all scholars who choose to look at history and science from a non-white perspective, simply put. Why would that offend you, because the white supremacy establishment would want to tell you otherwise I suppose?

By the way you have yet to refute any of the proof I gave about melanin with any other source than yourself.

The only revised horse crap I was spoon fed from the US Department of Education. And black men don't rape women nowhere near as much as their white counterparts, nor do we molest children, have sex with our cousins, and have sex with animals. That one chemical alone, or rather the absent of could be the cause of such behaviors.
Really? You had better check your stats, blacks, especially men, are responsible for 50% of the violent crime, including rape, while only being 13%of the population. Quite disproportionate! You had also do a little research on black pedophiles and incest in the black community. Incest and child molestation is often overlooked and to some degree accepted in the black community. It is a hidden statistic, because blacks tend not to report crime. Have a nice day!

Old 02-22-2013, 06:28 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Who checks the FBI Statistics? Why would I trust an institution's raw numbers or percentages when they blatantly lie to the public?
Uh; you keep challenging links that people post up, how about YOU finding other links to back up what you're saying. Sheesh!

Old 02-22-2013, 06:30 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Really? You had better check your stats, blacks, especially men, are responsible for 50% of the violent crime, including rape, while only being 13%of the population. Quite disproportionate! You had also do a little research on black pedophiles and incest in the black community. Incest and child molestation is often overlooked and to some degree accepted in the black community. It is a hidden statistic, because blacks tend not to report crime. Have a nice day!
Like Oprah being raped by her uncle at age 14? Pretty damn sad though Ms Winfrey had the last laugh by rising above it.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:53 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Like Oprah being raped by her uncle at age 14? Pretty damn sad though Ms Winfrey had the last laugh by rising above it.
I love it when huge numbers are being discussed and bantered back and forth, and suddenly, out of the blue, someone pops out with an example of 1 person, which is supposed to prove their entire point.

I guess that's the mathematical theory whereby 1=1,000,000? lol I never learned that sort of math in school. Fancy that. I guess it can also be called the Sample of "1" Theory.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Ah so you mad about the melanin debate lol, okay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; you keep challenging links that people post up, how about YOU finding other links to back up what you're saying. Sheesh!
Naw, I'm good the point that you can "cook the books" skew numbers and statistics is a reason that this argument is null and void. I have plenty of links of those claims though, so really this argument is null and void.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies